The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

12 hours ago, Sabo said:

Streets of Rage 4 is whack. Good thing I got this shit on sale.:D

Fuck you, Hedgehogs. Your "classic" is garbage.

-SNES Kid

SOR4 is fantastic. What the fuck are you smoking?

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Ramza said:

SOR4 is fantastic. What the fuck are you smoking?

You smoking crack if you honestly think this game is "fantastic" LOL.

This game just becomes D. Special spam because its the only efficient tool you have to deal with this games unbalanced nonsense that the game never stops relying on.

But oh, this is "difficulty", right? 

LOL Whatever...

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

You smoking crack if you honestly think this game is "fantastic" LOL.

This game just becomes D. Special spam because its the only efficient tool you have to deal with this games unbalanced nonsense that the game never stops relying on.

But oh, this is "difficulty", right? 

LOL Whatever...

You mean the specials that drain your life? Lol, unbalanced? 

There's plenty of other special moves that are just as useful.

Not sure what you're expecting here, this is one of the deepest gameplay in any beat em up game I ever played. It plays fucking great too. 

You are such a drama queen. lmfao

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

You mean the specials that drain your life? Lol, unbalanced? 

There's plenty of other special moves that are just as useful.

Not sure what you're expecting here, this is one of the deepest gameplay in any beat em up game I ever played. It plays fucking great too. 

You are such a drama queen. lmfao

D. Special being unbalanced isn't even close to what I was talking about, dumbass. The game is unbalanced because of the ridiculous lengths this game will go to in order to tilt the scale in it's favor.

Character mobility is absolute trash in comparison to enemies. Enemies have twice the movement speed and even get half screen dashes, rolls, dodges and backsteps. The player has no tools like this.

Enemies get full screen attacks that can even go diagonal. Some enemies even get insane tracking in these attacks that will literally defy the laws of physics and curve to track.

Super Armor is obnoxious. This is by far the worse implementation of Super Armor I have ever seen in a game. It is way overused and the player has zero tools to counter it. Weapons don't even Armor Break which is absolutely absurd. Enemies will even activate Super Armor to break out of hitstun and punish you while you're mid-attack LOL. 

There's even unbreakable throws because apparently the game doesn't have enough dumb bullshit yet. 

But oh wait, lets not forget the game blatantly reading inputs and giving certain enemies the ability to punish any jump with a instant anti-air. You know, just to really drive the point home that this is a game designed with the 90s game philosophy. Specifically an Arcade game's philosophy, games that were intentionally designed to be bullshit in order to get you to keep feeding the machine quarters. 

It becomes D. Special spam because its the only tool you have to counter the nonsense the game is relentlessly throwing at you. This ain't "depth", this is shallow as fuck.

What a "fantastic" game.

Go back to pretending that you actually play games, you dumbfuck.

Just now, Twinblade said:

ya'll need to chill. its clearly a polarizing game and you're both entitled to having your own opinions on it.

Polarizing game? First time I actually hear anyone say it's straight up a bad game. 

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Sounds like you're having quite a hard time there, champ.

But I wouldn't know, I don't play games like you said.

Your comprehension is lacking once again. I've beaten the game like 5 times now and am halfway through a 6th play through ( getting all the character trophies). All of these playthroughs have been on Hard which is the intended difficulty. I am having zero issues beating the game. My issue is with the game itself being ass when it could be a lot better if it cared to be a balanced experience.

1 minute ago, Sabo said:

Your comprehension is lacking once again. I've beaten the game like 5 times now and am halfway through a 6th play through ( getting all the character trophies). All of these playthroughs have been on Hard which is the intended difficulty. I am having zero issues beating the game. My issue is with the game itself being ass when it could be a lot better if it cared to be a balanced experience.

The game is such unbalanced crap that you beat it five times... :pavarotti:

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

The game is such unbalanced crap that you beat it five times... :pavarotti:

Easy Platinum and the game only takes like an hour to beat. I've Platinumed worse games.

I'm not proud of this.

Edited by Sabo
  • Like 1
Just now, Sabo said:

Easy Platinum and the game only takes like an hour to beat. I've Platunumed worse games.

I'm not proud of this.

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Sabo said:

But it's shiny though....

Yeah and now everyone thinks you're a super fan of SoR4 and think the game is ''fantastic''. 😛 

You know I've been there too, I've played some terrible games I hated for trophies/achievements, but I always ended up restarting a new account out of shame. Fuck that shit, nowadays I don't even pay attention to trophies, if I get them while playing a game I like, cool, but I'm not forcing myself for something that is ultimately worthless.

20 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yeah and now everyone thinks you're a super fan of SoR4 and think the game is ''fantastic''. 😛 

You know I've been there too, I've played some terrible games I hated for trophies/achievements, but I always ended up restarting a new account out of shame. Fuck that shit, nowadays I don't even pay attention to trophies, if I get them while playing a game I like, cool, but I'm not forcing myself for something that is ultimately worthless.

I look at the trophy list. If I don't like the game but it's trophies are easy and not time consuming then I'll go for the Platinum because it won't take long to do.

If the list has annoying or time consuming trophies though then I won't bother and will instead will play something else. 

I don't really force myself.

Edited by Sabo
4 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I look at the trophy list. If I don't like the game but it's trophies are easy and not time consuming then I'll go for the Platinum because it won't take long to do.

If the list has annoying or time consuming trophies though then I won't bother and will instead will play something else. 

I don't really force myself.

That's fair but you're playing a game you don't really like. Haven't you had enough yet? Even if it's just another hour before you get the plat, it's one hour too many, don't you think?

There are so many games to play these days, as soon as I am certain that I'm not enjoying myself with a game, I delete it and move on, even if I am 15 minutes before the ending, life is too short and I got better games to play anyway.

But you do what you gotta do, man.

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

That's fair but you're playing a game you don't really like. Haven't you had enough yet? Even if it's just another hour before you get the plat, it's one hour too many, don't you think?

There are so many games to play these days, as soon as I am certain that I'm not enjoying myself with a game, I delete it and move on, even if I am 15 minutes before the ending, life is too short and I got better games to play anyway.

But you do what you gotta do, man.

When I go for a Platinum for a game I don't really like I'll play the game in short bursts. Makes it much more tolerable. Sometimes I'll even ignore the game for weeks and finish getting the Platinum later. I'm not in race to get the Platinum. LOL

• Upvote 1

I bought Amnesia: Rebirth. @Twinblade and whoever played the game; is it true that you skip a monster encounter when you die so you can't try to "beat" it again?

Can I at least load a earlier save or is it completely auto save? 

I usually let monsters kill me a few times to see what happens, maybe I won't do it in this game if it skips the encoutner lol

Edited by kaz

also I don't even read posts when it's just sabo and ramza back and forth, these fagggets are so in love with each other they just can't admit it :D  

29 minutes ago, kaz said:

I bought Amnesia: Rebirth. @Twinblade and whoever played the game; is it true that you skip a monster encounter when you die so you can't try to "beat" it again?

Can I at least load a earlier save or is it completely auto save? 

I usually let monsters kill me a few times to see what happens, maybe I won't do it in this game if it skips the encoutner lol

hmm i rarely died so i can't really say for sure, but there are some encounters where the game auto saves in the middle and im pretty sure if you load into that save the monster should still be around. I guess it depends.

Im interested in hearing your thoughts on the game, the story goes to some pretty crazy places.

• Upvote 1