The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

hmm i rarely died so i can't really say for sure, but there are some encounters where the game auto saves in the middle and im pretty sure if you load into that save the monster should still be around. I guess it depends.

Im interested in hearing your thoughts on the game, the story goes to some pretty crazy places.

yep, gonna post my thoughts on it later. might take me a week or two.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Octopath Traveler - Grind is real. Probably too much so at this point. Probably gonna go on the backburner as other games have hooked me in more atm

Outriders - Loving this coop and haven't had any of the issues/bugs others are reporting. 

Abes Odyssey - Great start. 

I  have been playing  Pac-Man 99 for a few hours the last day. The game is really addictive. 

Im also playing through the turrican collection on the switch. The games hold up really well. They are easily some of the best from the 16 bit era. The music is amazing, turrican 2  being the high point.

finished the beast inside and I liked it a lot. for an indie horror game it has some fun/crazy moments and the story is quite interesting, also the choices you can make towards the end. recommend it to buy on sale and just play it, it's not too long too. I payed like 6€ on it on sale, it's worth checking out. 

started amnesia: rebirth and what can I say I felt right at home when tasi actually has amnesia and drank that laudanum to calm down :ben: 

gonna finish it first before I give my opinion but its off to a good start. 

the style of story telling again is really good and the drawings are amazing, that really stood out for me so far. 

also the engine still running on openGL doesn't hurt at all, it's probably not impressive for graphics enthusiasts but I really enjoy the graphics maxed out. 

I can't help but praise frictional games for keeping their own engine, they are so talented.

I love thomas grip :ben:  you guys should watch every interview and presentation he gives on vidya in general. he is truly inspirational. :bow:  

16 minutes ago, kaz said:

finished the beast inside and I liked it a lot. for an indie horror game it has some fun/crazy moments and the story is quite interesting, also the choices you can make towards the end. recommend it to buy on sale and just play it, it's not too long too. I payed like 6€ on it on sale, it's worth checking out. 

started amnesia: rebirth and what can I say I felt right at home when tasi actually has amnesia and drank that laudanum to calm down :ben: 

gonna finish it first before I give my opinion but its off to a good start. 

the style of story telling again is really good and the drawings are amazing, that really stood out for me so far. 

also the engine still running on openGL doesn't hurt at all, it's probably not impressive for graphics enthusiasts but I really enjoy the graphics maxed out. 

I can't help but praise frictional games for keeping their own engine, they are so talented.

I love thomas grip :ben:  you guys should watch every interview and presentation he gives on vidya in general. he is truly inspirational. :bow:  

I really respect them for still developing on and maintaining their in house graphics engine, but that was actually one of the things that bothered me about Amnesida Rebirth. It looks very dated in some spots, and as game engine technology improves I think they're going to be left in the dust especially if they continue maintaining the engine with such a small team.

But its good that you're enjoying the game overall.

47 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im kinda hyped for NM3 and it made finally give Travis Strikes Back a try. This shit is ridiculous but im actually enjoying it :ben: 

Man I played it on Switch and it was balls. The gameplay is really weak, annoying even.

Can't wait to see NMH3 on PC though.

14 hours ago, Ramza said:

Man I played it on Switch and it was balls. The gameplay is really weak, annoying even.

Can't wait to see NMH3 on PC though.

It seems pretty simple but I don't mind it so far. I really like the game's style and writing so I think those should be enough to keep me interested.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I really respect them for still developing on and maintaining their in house graphics engine, but that was actually one of the things that bothered me about Amnesida Rebirth. It looks very dated in some spots, and as game engine technology improves I think they're going to be left in the dust especially if they continue maintaining the engine with such a small team.

But its good that you're enjoying the game overall.

Yea, that was my concern before playing the game. I'm saying I thought it would look much worse. I understand it isn't up to date graphically but for me personally it's fine. I was wondering about it after replaying all their games last year and I was thinking about how silly it will be if everyone uses the same engine like unreal for their games.

It's like having their own engine adds a lot of own "charme". But I agree, If they want to release the next game in a few years I'd also prefer them to up the graphics. Really interested to see if they can upgrade this one (probably not), build another one from scratch or just work with a 3rd party engine which I doubt.

Gotta try Pac-Man 99 soon.

Still deep in MHR. Got like 60 hours in the last week, fully hooked at this point. I'm done with the story stuff so starting to jump into the multiplayer now, which works surprisingly well considering how bad World was initially and how bad Switch is at online in general. Working on finishing up my endgame S+S build, need a few more decorations. Once that's sorted I was tackle Dual Blades, Hammer and either greatsword or longsword. Might try out a ranged weapon as well since I've never used one in a MH game before.

Easily my GOTY at this point.

1 hour ago, Casual said:

Gotta try Pac-Man 99 soon.

Still deep in MHR. Got like 60 hours in the last week, fully hooked at this point. I'm done with the story stuff so starting to jump into the multiplayer now, which works surprisingly well considering how bad World was initially and how bad Switch is at online in general. Working on finishing up my endgame S+S build, need a few more decorations. Once that's sorted I was tackle Dual Blades, Hammer and either greatsword or longsword. Might try out a ranged weapon as well since I've never used one in a MH game before.

Easily my GOTY at this point.

holy shit!!! 60 hours in a week? that's like me with persona 5 royal. did you like it more than MHW? i've never played any of these games. 

20 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

holy shit!!! 60 hours in a week? that's like me with persona 5 royal. did you like it more than MHW? i've never played any of these games. 

work from home helps haha 🙂

I enjoyed it a lot more than MHW...I think a bit of that extra enjoyment is the fact that the game is better and trimmed a lot of fat...the majority of it is because I now understand a lot of the poorly explained systems in the game so I was able to get right into it without being confused for the first 20 hours.

MHW was my first. I'd say give that a try if you're interested...think it's free on PS5 as part of the PS+ collection. The core gameplay is very similar so if you're not digging that I can't imagine you liking MHR.

• Thanks 1

SaGa Frontier Remastered... This fucking series.

LMAO, start a conversation with an NPC - get into a fight and die, go into the first room of your first dungeon, get stuck in a unwinnable boss fight that wipe out your team in one attack, get no clue as to what you're supposed to do right after the tutorial and you can go everywhere at any time, grind some battles to get stronger but you grinded too early on and super powerful enemies start appearing too early and destroys your team... :D

It's so bad. I was wondering why I never go far in any of the scenarios in this game, now I fucking remember.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

SaGa Frontier Remastered... This fucking series.

LMAO, start a conversation with an NPC - get into a fight and die, go into the first room of your first dungeon, get stuck in a unwinnable boss fight that wipe out your team in one attack, get no clue as to what you're supposed to do right after the tutorial and you can go everywhere at any time, grind some battles to get stronger but you grinded too early on and super powerful enemies start appearing too early and destroys your team... :D

It's so bad. I was wondering why I never go far in any of the scenarios in this game, now I fucking remember.

That sounds exactly as I remember lmfao. Not sure how you ever expected any different.

21 minutes ago, Delita said:

That sounds exactly as I remember lmfao. Not sure how you ever expected any different.

I haven't played it in over 20 years. It is how I remember though, just harder.

It's not a bad port, the transition to HD is done well enough, better than some of their lazy ports like FF9 where the backgrounds looks blurry as fuck. Haven't seen much new content so far except for the new character which seems integral to Red storyline but it's pretty much the same game from what I can tell, it wasn't rebalanced or tweaked at all, which is what I expecting them to do.

Legend of Mana remaster this summer is looking nice. :juggle: 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade I just got the gun in supraland. If climbing up that tower is an indication of how the rest of the game is, then this is perfect for me! That rocked! 

You're gonna have a good time. The sandbox levels are filled with clever puzzles and the constant callbacks to other franchises are neat to see.

• aitch 1