The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

You're gonna have a good time. The sandbox levels are filled with clever puzzles and the constant callbacks to other franchises are neat to see.

It’s fantastic! Glorious level design too. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Man I really fell off of AC Valhalla, haven't touched it in more than a week. I think while it has a great world I just find the general gameplay to be kind of dull and not that engaging.

Yeah, the combat gets old. That’s one thing I hope the sequels improve on. 

On 2021-04-16 at 8:50 AM, Ramza said:

SaGa Frontier Remastered... This fucking series.

LMAO, start a conversation with an NPC - get into a fight and die, go into the first room of your first dungeon, get stuck in a unwinnable boss fight that wipe out your team in one attack, get no clue as to what you're supposed to do right after the tutorial and you can go everywhere at any time, grind some battles to get stronger but you grinded too early on and super powerful enemies start appearing too early and destroys your team... :D

It's so bad. I was wondering why I never go far in any of the scenarios in this game, now I fucking remember.

So my dumbass bought it like I’ve done with tons of SaGa games in my life and I swear my experience for every single one always goes the same.

Started off with Emellia since she was my fav in the og. Great intro, love the music, art and premise. Gameplay is fun an exciting.

Then it starts adding layers and layers of seemingly arbitrary bullshit to the gameplay, you’re literally lost on what to do in the game and why you’re doing no damage and enemies wipe you out in 1 hit. Its just always been impossible to play without some sort of guide.

The 2nd one was always better in terms of guiadance but the issues with randomness in terms of combat remained fully intact

Edited by Delita
  • Geese 1

You ever play The Last Remnant Ramza? While not having the saga name it’s still considered one by fans since it’s from the same creators and carries a lot of similar series traits. Amazing game and imo the best SaGa game ever

6 hours ago, Delita said:

You ever play The Last Remnant Ramza? While not having the saga name it’s still considered one by fans since it’s from the same creators and carries a lot of similar series traits. Amazing game and imo the best SaGa game ever

Yeah, bought the HD remaster not long ago, I even own the official strategy guide which I got for cheap at a collector store lol. Love the soundtrack in that game but the gameplay is still as flawed as ever, like all of his other games. lmao

And yes, it's nearly impossible to go far in SaGa Frontier without a guide. I always end up overgrinding in the optional dungeons of Shrike, or while looking for the magic runes quests, so much so that normal encounters becomes almost impossible.

Emilia probably has the best scenario, at least it does start like a normal game with the tutorial in prison. Lute is the worst, he barely has any story moments.

I still love SaGa Frontier in a weird stockholm syndrome kinda way. I couldn't finish any of the scenario so far. lmao

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

picked up Valhalla again and dammmmnnn @-GD-X

Hide contents

Ceolbert dying and then you finding out that it was Ivarr who you then fight to the death :mjcry::ooh: That whole quest line was awesome

Yeah bro! While the combat gets old, the story actually delivers. Just play it on the easiest setting, so you can blast through it :smoke: 

I finished Amnesia: Rebirth. Game owns and it's a proper sequel to The Dark Descent in my opinion even though it's not a direct continuation of the original story.

@Twinblade

wall of text :mjgrin:  

Spoiler

First let me say you were right about the graphics, twinb. I was still okay with it, but it looks bleak at some points. 

Well what can I say I liked Tasi, I liked the story about her and Salim and the others from the plane crash, I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the enemy encounters even though I felt there weren't many but that's ok.

Gameplaywise, it was okay, the puzzles ranged from super mild to what the fuck. I spent a good amount of time with one of the portal puzzles, it was rather annoying. The monster encounter were easy, the hunting grounds maze was awful, I was so glad when I was done with that. The wraiths scanning the area like security drones were really cool especially in the factory. I like how all monsters have a meaning too. 

The dark world was fucked up though, I thought the original was dark but the mass harvesting of humans, inflicting pain so the dark world'ians can extent their own lives or keep the empress from dying from her disease etc is just so morbid. I love it. :scared:  Especially the victim or subject reports were gruesome. Where they describe how people with a family and love life are the most potent to harvest because their pain is greater than people living for nothing and are even discardable. :scared:  choosing the best memories to maximize the pain, shit is just so cold. 

When Tasi got the chance, I tortured the guy, I didn't want to but I just had to see it and at some point I made a role play decision that I do whatever it takes to save Amari. So, you can guess my ending, if you don't like it to be spoiled I put it in another one, if you write back it's fine, I looked up all the endings after I finished the game. But yeah you can guess what I did at the end:

Spoiler

Atfer she killed the doctor, I followed the Emptress, took my baby, breastfed her and then put her back, I was kinda sad because she knows she will grow up in this godforsaken cruel world and can only survive off of vitae. :scared:  But I did it for her. I just put her down and then immediately went outside, the empress said to come back and talk to her but she just did the mind warp (wraith) shit and Tasi turned into a harvester ghoul. That was both awesome but also lame, I thought of shit she would have to say at least. 

There are so many things still unexplained like what exactly is the shadow, what are the blood clots(the infected stuff), what are the inhabitants of the dark world and also how many other worlds are there? where are all the humans from? I like to think they are able to go to other worlds and if there are humans they capture them.  It was okay as a sequel because it was the first time we saw the dark world where Alexander was banished from, he was mentioned directly and another time I think indirectly by his real name. They even mentioned Daniel. 

Also how they gradually refined the process of harvesting to extract vitae reminded me of the dark descent, I think it's pretty cool that the game is called Amnesia for more than one reason. :glad:  You could say Thomas Grip just did it because he loves silent hill 2 so much, but I think they did a really good job with this game series and the lore. They also mention in one tablet how they try to reduce the cycle of pain so the populace will be more accepting to it. And also of course the little resistance group that tried to stop all of it. I think the game remains mysterious even though there is a lot going on and I hope the next mainline Amnesia game can explain one or two more things. 

The people in the torture "caskets" and their screams of pain, just wtf man :scared:  I will replay this some day and next time I will destroy this place :scared: 

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, kaz said:

I finished Amnesia: Rebirth. Game owns and it's a proper sequel to The Dark Descent in my opinion even though it's not a direct continuation of the original story.

@Twinblade

Reveal hidden contents

First let me say you were right about the graphics, twinb. I was still okay with it, but it looks bleak at some points. 

Well what can I say I liked Tasi, I liked the story about her and Salim and the others from the plane crash, I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the enemy encounters even though I felt there weren't many but that's ok.

Gameplaywise, it was okay, the puzzles ranged from super mild to what the fuck. I spent a good amount of time with one of the portal puzzles, it was rather annoying. The monster encounter were easy, the hunting grounds maze was awful, I was so glad when I was done with that. The wraiths scanning the area like security drones were really cool especially in the factory. I like how all monsters have a meaning too. 

The dark world was fucked up though, I thought the original was dark but the mass harvesting of humans, inflicting pain so the dark world'ians can extent their own lives or keep the empress from dying from her disease etc is just so morbid. I love it. :scared:  Especially the victim or subject reports were gruesome. Where they describe how people with a family and love life are the most potent to harvest because their pain is greater than people living for nothing and are even discardable. :scared:  choosing the best memories to maximize the pain, shit is just so cold. 

When Tasi got the chance, I tortured the guy, I didn't want to but I just had to see it and at some point I made a role play decision that I do whatever it takes to save Amari. So, you can guess my ending, if you don't like it to be spoiled I put it in another one, if you write back it's fine, I looked up all the endings after I finished the game. But yeah you can guess what I did at the end:

Reveal hidden contents

Atfer she killed the doctor, I followed the Emptress, took my baby, breastfed her and then put her back, I was kinda sad because she knows she will grow up in this godforsaken cruel world and can only survive off of vitae. :scared:  But I did it for her. I just put her down and then immediately went outside, the empress said to come back and talk to her but she just did the mind warp (wraith) shit and Tasi turned into a harvester ghoul. That was both awesome but also lame, I thought of shit she would have to say at least. 

There are so many things still unexplained like what exactly is the shadow, what are the blood clots(the infected stuff), what are the inhabitants of the dark world and also how many other worlds are there? where are all the humans from? I like to think they are able to go to other worlds and if there are humans they capture them.  It was okay as a sequel because it was the first time we saw the dark world where Alexander was banished from, he was mentioned directly and another time I think indirectly by his real name. They even mentioned Daniel. 

Also how they gradually refined the process of harvesting to extract vitae reminded me of the dark descent, I think it's pretty cool that the game is called Amnesia for more than one reason. :glad:  You could say Thomas Grip just did it because he loves silent hill 2 so much, but I think they did a really good job with this game series and the lore. They also mention in one tablet how they try to reduce the cycle of pain so the populace will be more accepting to it. And also of course the little resistance group that tried to stop all of it. I think the game remains mysterious even though there is a lot going on and I hope the next mainline Amnesia game can explain one or two more things. 

The people in the torture "caskets" and their screams of pain, just wtf man :scared:  I will replay this some day and next time I will destroy this place :scared: 

thanks for hiding the wall of text :leo:

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, kaz said:

@Twinblade

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

nice review breh. you kinda summned up my thoughts as well. they definitely could have fleshed out the last part a bit more, i got all the endings and didnt find any to be quite as satisfying as I would have liked.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Every time I clear out some zones and make progress in Valhalla more just keep popping up on the map. Does this game ever end :ben: 

it's a long ass game lol. while it held my interest, i'm hoping future titles are shorter. i think it took me 70 hours to beat the campaign  and complete the main side story arc  (with the lady and the potions). i almost cleared out every member of the order, but was like fuck it. i had an idea as to who the leader was and i was right (i googled it). i wasn't about to spend 20-30 hours doing the other shit lol. but for real, while they did a fantastic job with the story, there's just too much to get through. the next game needs to be 20 - 25 hours long. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours into Nier Replicant and it’s starting to sink its claws into me. Game is fun, story is super engaging, the music is god tier, and the art style is great. Can’t wait to spend some extended time on the weekend with this. 

3 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Nioh 2 :ben: 

Great game, we could coop it if you want, I'm still really early in it.

Me, I'm just waiting for my GF to leave for work so I can play Rome Total War Remastered. :blessed:

• aitch 1

Yeah, did a quick cycle of returnal and I can already tell I’m gonna love it. Everything is super smooth and responsive. DualShock feels great. Really atmospheric. Gonna sink my teeth in in the morning.