The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

how is the story in octopath? what else do you like about it? 

There is a story for each character broken down into 4 chapters per character . It's not the deepest but they have all been pretty interesting and it's unique for each character. 

That's basically the loop . Do a chapter with one character , then move to another.  You just repeat that pattern basically .

The combat is my favorite part . Every character is a different class and have different abilities , and you learn other jobs with each character to give them othet characters abilities ( can only use 2 at a time ) so the combinations you can create with your team Is super deep and you have to pick carefully for some bosses as each boss has its own set of weaknesses that certain classes hsve big advantages with .

The music is amazing and there is so much variety in environment and enemies . The boss battles are fun as shit.

Each character has a unique ability . Like the thief can steal stuff from everyone in town,  the merchant can buy from peoppe and get discounts.  The warrior can challenge people , etc .. 

It's just a fucking awesome game . Lots of dungeons and fun stuff to find while adventuring . I fucking love it .

It's on gamepass. Give it a shot .

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, JonB said:

There is a story for each character broken down into 4 chapters per character . It's not the deepest but they have all been pretty interesting and it's unique for each character. 

That's basically the loop . Do a chapter with one character , then move to another.  You just repeat that pattern basically .

The combat is my favorite part . Every character is a different class and have different abilities , and you learn other jobs with each character to give them othet characters abilities ( can only use 2 at a time ) so the combinations you can create with your team Is super deep and you have to pick carefully for some bosses as each boss has its own set of weaknesses that certain classes hsve big advantages with .

The music is amazing and there is so much variety in environment and enemies . The boss battles are fun as shit.

Each character has a unique ability . Like the thief can steal stuff from everyone in town,  the merchant can buy from peoppe and get discounts.  The warrior can challenge people , etc .. 

It's just a fucking awesome game . Lots of dungeons and fun stuff to find while adventuring . I fucking love it .

It's on gamepass. Give it a shot .

Damn! Gonna play this after re 8!

9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Damn! Gonna play this after re 8!

It's fucking long . But good thing is , if you just wanna complete a few characters stories you can do that and just drop it.  I was planning on probably doing that but I got hooked hard after like 40 hours now im gonna prob try to 100 percent it and do all the optional stuff as well. I can easily see spending well over 100 hours on this game. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Playing re 8. Damn, it makes a great first impression!

Goddamn right. I think this just topped the village intro of RE4.

• Upvote 1

NieR still has all the same issues for me after all these years. Some particular moment in this game are absurdly slow paced and boring in design.

Fuck this shit. When everything clicks it's an awesome game but other times it's the most boring game ever, the side content is still as dreadful as ever. Go complete the fishing quest line if you want to question your sanity.

I could never bring myself to finish it. I thought the remaster would change that. Same thing with Automata.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Playing mass effect. Damn..lots of warm n fuzzies. Nostalgia overload! 

I'm surprised to say this myself, but I'm really enjoying it now. The story is compelling and the presentation is still great.

I'm almost done with the Citadel, I've never gotten that far in ME1, the only game in the series I finished was ME2, never bothered with ME3. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm surprised to say this myself, but I'm really enjoying it now. The story is compelling and the presentation is still great.

I'm almost done with the Citadel, I've never gotten that far in ME1, the only game in the series I finished was ME2, never bothered with ME3. 

1 legit made me nauseas with its awful  framerate.  The experience now is significantly better. I’m loving it big time. Btw, there are certain things you’ll have to do in 1 that have a huge impact on 3. 

Just now, -GD-X said:

1 legit made me nauseas with its awful  framerate.  The experience is significantly better. I’m loving it big time. Btw, there are certain things you’ll have to do in 1 that have a huge impact on 3. 

Yeah, it was pretty bad, the game ran at like 26fps on 360 and the load times were pretty bad. Now I'm running it at 120fps on a laptop with nearly instant loading on a SSD. lol It makes for a significantly better experience, not to mention all the little improvements.

I don't know if I'll ever get through all three games but I definitely intend to finish ME1.