The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Just now, Delita said:

Finally getting back into FFVII Intergrade. Damn Yuffies combat is beastly. I love how different it feels compared to ffvii. I’m loving the new jazzy soundtrack as well.

That new board game minigame is shite though. Square needs to just stop with mini games, they’re never going to make another triple triad level minigame again so why waste time, just make a new triple triad in every FF.

after ff7, is there a FF you recommend? 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

after ff7, is there a FF you recommend? 

None tbh. The only other great modern FF is XIV but that's an mmo. It's been a very mediocre 15 years or so for FF.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The combat might feel a bit dated compared to 7 but FFXV is very much worth playing :wow2:

yeah, i'm considering it. it looks like something i can get into. 

Finished the chick’s campaign in Scarlet Nexus. The story really goes off the deep end, but the most annoying part of it was the last few dungeons. The last 6-8 hours of the game are basically a series of glorified combat arenas, the tedium was really getting to me. I think this is definitely a 7.0-7.5 experience and I don’t have much interest in checking out the guy’s campaign atm. Lots of cool ideas but they could have executed the structure of it better.

Put an hour or so into the trial version of Monster Hunters Stories 2.  Seems alright so far.  I kinda like the battle system.  I'm a fan of turn based battles so that's one thing to consider.

Visually it looks pretty bad at times.. lots of flat geometry and basic textures, but it can also look surprisingly great at times too. 

The only thing I really don't like about it is the camera controls.  The camera is really slow to ramp up speed when you move it.. and if you try to offset that by turning the camera speed up then it becomes way too fast.  You can't really dial it in to a good setting imo... but it's not the end of the world.  A bit slower camera is fine in the grand scheme of things.

The save from the trial version carries over to the full game, so I dunno, I'm thinking about picking it up.

36 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I finished FF7 remake. Those last 2 chapters owned!!! 

Might start a new run soon and play through again on PS5. Got the itch. 

actually been playing through TLOU2 which I initially dropped super early on (Basically in the very beginning of Seattle). Wasn’t feeling it at the time. Enjoying it quite a bit more now, plays a lot better with the PS5 upgrades. I’m on day 2 of Seattle now. I kinda see what people are saying now about the extremes of the revenge themes lol. 

also been playing through FFXIV on the side. Up to level 55 or so and I just finished ARR. in the epilogue type stuff now working my way towards heavensward. Pretty hyped for that considering everyone seems to say ARR is a slog and the game gets way better, I quite enjoyed ARR so should be fun. Definitely a more casual MMO so far but it’s true that they do respect your time and there’s a ton of systems that just feel well designed here. 

• Upvote 2

I put four hours into the Japanese MHS2 demo, bought the US release yesterday, and quickly found out you can't transfer saves between the two. :deadkoolaid:

Otherwise the game's pretty much the same as the first one. 

So, I played a bit of A Plague Tale, with the graphic updates, on both the ps5 and series X. I see the improvements, but there’s some strange, almost interlaced-like effect in parts. Weird. Still, it looks nice, for the most part, and I’m enjoying it. I will continue with the ps5 version, since it utilizes the dual sense. 

Got through Nemesis finally on biome 3 in Returnal. Had an excellent run with 215% integrity and a high powered lobber. Also, took down biome 4’s Hyperion in my first try. That OST as you’re climbing was incredible. Been getting my ass kicked so far in biome 5 though. 

On 2021-07-09 at 4:31 AM, Remij said:

The save from the trial version carries over to the full game, so I dunno, I'm thinking about picking it up.

Cool, I'll try it out then. Thanks for the heads up.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Ike said:

Got through Nemesis finally on biome 3 in Returnal. Had an excellent run with 215% integrity and a high powered lobber. Also, took down biome 4’s Hyperion in my first try. That OST as you’re climbing was incredible. Been getting my ass kicked so far in biome 5 though. 

Lobber is probably the GOAT weapon in the game. Once you get the timing down that thing absolutely shreds enemies and bosses.

30 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It gets better too imo.

i can tell. i get tense, in amazing ways, playing it. i already feel a connection with the characters. props to the writing and excellent VO. 

Finished FFVII Intergrade

Think i've warmed up to the idea now of this not being a retelling and Yuffies Episode now further solidified that. I think if it was and retread i would have no further interest after the first game as i would have gotten my fill of curiosity. At least now it'll be new and exciting to continue to see where they take this that both new and old fans can enjoy. Square absolutely made the best and the right long-term decision.

I'd compare it to Nier remake that just released. I watched videos of it and I really couldn't get myself to buy it as much as i was really planning on it before release. Once you know the whole story I really lose the motivation to go through it again.

A bit on the short side, but i found myself having more fun than the original game. I also feel like they struck a perfect balance of cutscenes/gameplay. Yuffies combat was more fun than any character in FFVII. Also The original seemed to have dungeons that went on for hours and way too long, then afterwards followed by long periods of slow walking dialogue/long cutscenes. Here everything felt tightly paced.

I have more confidence in Square continuing to further improve the next game and take it to new heights now after the new episode as it's demonstrated they're on the right track and not as lost on what they wanted to do with the remainng story as i thought they were from reading their interviews.

• Like 1
  • Ben 1
1 hour ago, Delita said:

Finished FFVII Intergrade

Think i've warmed up to the idea now of this not being a retelling and Yuffies Episode now further solidified that. I think if it was and retread i would have no further interest after the first game as i would have gotten my fill of curiosity. At least now it'll be new and exciting to continue to see where they take this that both new and old fans can enjoy. Square absolutely made the best and the right long-term decision.

I'd compare it to Nier remake that just released. I watched videos of it and I really couldn't get myself to buy it as much as i was really planning on it before release. Once you know the whole story I really lose the motivation to go through it again.

A bit on the short side, but i found myself having more fun than the original game. I also feel like they struck a perfect balance of cutscenes/gameplay. Yuffies combat was more fun than any character in FFVII. Also The original seemed to have dungeons that went on for hours and way too long, then afterwards followed by long periods of slow walking dialogue/long cutscenes. Here everything felt tightly paced.

I have more confidence in Square continuing to further improve the next game and take it to new heights now after the new episode as it's demonstrated they're on the right track and not as lost on what they wanted to do with the remainng story as i thought they were from reading their interviews.

I disagree about the pacing. The 2nd part of the dlc was just one long & monotonous dungeon that felt like it dragged on more than any dungeon in the base game. at least imo.