The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

15 hours ago, Delita said:

I can't play games like these on the switch. Too fast paced with tiny controllers and my hands cramp. And if i'm going to play it docked with a better controller at that point i might as well get the PS4 version on PS5. Seems like a no brainer at least for me.

that was me with hades. i, no joke, got a pro controller so i could dock the system. it was killing my hands with the joycons. in retrospect, i don't know how i played games like splatoon 2 and mario odyssey undocked. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

9 hours ago, -GD-X said:

that was me with hades. i, no joke, got a pro controller so i could dock the system. it was killing my hands with the joycons. in retrospect, i don't know how i played games like splatoon 2 and mario odyssey undocked. 

Same here. I noticed my patience seemed to just take a nosedive after the first 2 years. Once Astral Chain dropped was when i realized I couldn't do undocked anymore. Had Nintendo done a Switch pro with a redesign i would have been all over it

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Delita said:

Same here. I noticed my patience seemed to just take a nosedive after the first 2 years. Once Astral Chain dropped was when i realized I couldn't do undocked anymore. Had Nintendo done a Switch pro with a redesign i would have been all over it

Same bro!!

• Like 1

I'm halfway through Scarlet Nexus and the game is great but i just cant get myself to care about the story and characters. It's at a point where it barely holds my interest enough to even pay attention and a half-step above outright bad. Without looking it up I can tell the writers are the same from the Tales game. All the same Tales character tropes are all here.

Tales writers are like the JJ abrahams of jrpgs where they continue to get big work and fail upwards.

6 minutes ago, Delita said:

I'm halfway through Scarlet Nexus and the game is great but i just cant get myself to care about the story and characters. It's at a point where it barely holds my interest enough to even pay attention and a half-step above outright bad. Without looking it up I can tell the writers are the same from the Tales game. All the same Tales character tropes are all here.

Tales writers are like the JJ abrahams of jrpgs where they continue to get big work and fail upwards.

lmao. If you don't like the story now you're probably going to really hate it by the end. It goes to some pretty ridiculous territory. The characters did grow on me, but I think the ones on Kasane's path are more interesting overall.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

yeah it was really good

I hope they made enough money to make a sequel. I can't believe a new studio who copied another game's formula nailed it on their first try.

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

I hope they made enough money to make a sequel. I can't believe a new studio who copied another game's formula nailed it on their first try.

It was kickstarted with 2,500 backers but has 129K-387K estimated owners according to steam. It was definitely a big success.

There’s a huge flaw in A Plague Tale. I noticed it before. Now, there’s a section where it’s downright annoying. The sling shot SUCKS when you are forced to hit dudes, who are constantly running after you. 

edit: the game is so amazing for its first 3/4 even 4/5,  but goes to shit once 

Spoiler

You are able to control the rats. Very silly lol 

I’m at the end of chapter 15, and I’m good. I’ll just YouTube the ending. I’m not even into the story anymore. 

36 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

There’s a huge flaw in A Plague Tale. I noticed it before. Now, there’s a section where it’s downright annoying. The sling shot SUCKS when you are forced to hit dudes, who are constantly running after you. 

edit: the game is so amazing for its first 3/4 even 4/5,  but goes to shit once 

Reveal hidden contents

You are able to control the rats. Very silly lol 

I’m at the end of chapter 15, and I’m good. I’ll just YouTube the ending. I’m not even into the story anymore. 

Ahh thats unfortunate. Is it the boss fight you're stuck on? I definitely didn't enjoy it that much, but if you can get through it theres only 1 chapter left. And that final chapter has some pretty major story stuff in it.

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Ahh thats unfortunate. Is it the boss fight you're stuck on? I definitely didn't enjoy it that much, but if you can get through it theres only 1 chapter left. And that final chapter has some pretty major story stuff in it.

Nah, it’s the part 

Spoiler

Where that dude is pushing the carriage, and you have to deliver 8 headshots. Sometimes, the damn rock goes through their head. It’s ridiculous!! I’m on chapter 15. 

8 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Nah, it’s the part 

Reveal hidden contents

Where that dude is pushing the carriage, and you have to deliver 8 headshots. Sometimes, the damn rock goes through their head. It’s ridiculous!! I’m on chapter 15. 

Hmm i don't remember that part but I didn't have any trouble with the hit detection in the game. Have you looked up any videos to see how other people are playing through it? Maybe its some weird issue with the remastered version.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hmm i don't remember that part but I didn't have any trouble with the hit detection in the game. Have you looked up any videos to see how other people are playing through it? Maybe its some weird issue with the remastered version.

Yeah, I didn’t have a big issue before (just 1 time). This feels broken! 

33 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I didn’t have a big issue before (just 1 time). This feels broken! 

Yeah idk the gameplay can be a bit janky (its not that high budget of a game overall) but I didn't have problems using the sling shot. If you want you can watch a walkthrough of the last chapter and finish the game that way, theres definitely some notable stuff that needs to be seen. especially the final boss battle which is honestly pretty lame :ben: 

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah idk the gameplay can be a bit janky (its not that high budget of a game overall) but I didn't have problems using the sling shot. If you want you can watch a walkthrough of the last chapter and finish the game that way, theres definitely some notable stuff that needs to be seen. especially the final boss battle which is honestly pretty lame :ben: 

Yeah, I figured after the “twist”…

I didn’t like the direction the game went. It’s a shame. It was on the verge of being in my top 10. 

20 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I figured after the “twist”…

I didn’t like the direction the game went. It’s a shame. It was on the verge of being in my top 10. 

I didn't mind the direction of the story too much towards the end. It falls apart a bit but the characters and their relationship, along with Amicia's development throughout the story were the highlights for me. 

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I didn't mind the direction of the story too much towards the end. It falls apart a bit but the characters and their relationship, along with Amicia's development throughout the story were the highlights for me. 

The characters are great!