The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, JonbX said:

The last level in APT was so frustrating

yeah, the game isn't meant to have fast combat sections. poor design decision imo. still, i loved most of the experience. i look forward to the sequel. 

might just be done with TLOU2 tbh. I'm still on Seattle day 2 (headed to hospital to get Dina some meds, Jesse just showed up) and this shit already feels like it's overstayed it's welcome. And I think I have like half the game left at least? Probably more. I dunno, the first one was a nice tight experience at 10-12 hours. Not many single player action type games that can hold my attention for 25 hours these days I guess. The gameplay isn't good enough for that and I've never been one to care about a story.

I've been thinking about finally jumping into P5R, maybe now is the time.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Casual said:

might just be done with TLOU2 tbh. I'm still on Seattle day 2 (headed to hospital to get Dina some meds, Jesse just showed up) and this shit already feels like it's overstayed it's welcome. And I think I have like half the game left at least? Probably more. I dunno, the first one was a nice tight experience at 10-12 hours. Not many single player action type games that can hold my attention for 25 hours these days I guess. The gameplay isn't good enough for that and I've never been one to care about a story.

I've been thinking about finally jumping into P5R, maybe now is the time.

yeah, if you aren't into TLOU 2 by that point, it's definitely not for you.

as for p5R, if you want to save a shit load of time:

1. play on easy. when you run out of sp, purposely die. you'll get resurrected (even in the middle of a boss battle) with full hp/sp.

2.  fly through mementos (except for the shadows that push your social links forward). you can literally dodge every monster in mementos. they made it very easy to do so, as opposed to the vanilla version.

-----

on a side note, read how to get the new "best ending". trust me...it's so worth it! did you play the vanilla version? 

11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, if you aren't into TLOU 2 by that point, it's definitely not for you.

as for p5R, if you want to save a shit load of time:

1. play on easy. when you run out of sp, purposely die. you'll get resurrected (even in the middle of a boss battle) with full hp/sp.

2.  fly through mementos (except for the shadows that push your social links forward). you can literally dodge every monster in mementos. they made it very easy to do so, as opposed to the vanilla version.

-----

on a side note, read how to get the new "best ending". trust me...it's so worth it! did you play the vanilla version? 

Ah sweet, I'll definitely do that. I remember mementos being pretty annoying.

I played the vanilla version but didn't beat it. I lost steam around 40-50 hours I want to say? Had a great time with it though, I think something else just came out and took my attention. I'm terrible when it comes to jumping back into games like that after a long absence and couldn't bring myself to restart knowing we'd probably be getting something like P4G. Honestly don't remember anything of the story though so i'm pretty pumped to get into it again.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Casual said:

Ah sweet, I'll definitely do that. I remember mementos being pretty annoying.

I played the vanilla version but didn't beat it. I lost steam around 40-50 hours I want to say? Had a great time with it though, I think something else just came out and took my attention. I'm terrible when it comes to jumping back into games like that after a long absence and couldn't bring myself to restart knowing we'd probably be getting something like P4G. Honestly don't remember anything of the story though so i'm pretty pumped to get into it again.

nice, man! i played both...and i dare say p5r is one of the few perfect games i've played. a legit 10/10. the new ending is significantly better, they handle akechi's arc in the most badass (and unexpected) way, and the new characters rock! oh, there's more opportunities, each day, to boost your social links/rankings and more places to kill time at. i can go on and on...

but here's a link that has what you need to do (for the perfect ending) with 0 spoilers:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/persona-5-royal-how-to-get-the-true-ending

it took me less than 90 hours to beat the OG game AND the 15+ hours of new stuff. 

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

nice, man! i played both...and i dare say p5r is one of the few perfect games i've played. a legit 10/10. the new ending is significantly better, they handle akechi's arc in the most badass (and unexpected) way, and the new characters rock! oh, there's more opportunities, each day, to boost your social links/rankings and more places to kill time at. i can go on and on...

but here's a link that has what you need to do (for the perfect ending) with 0 spoilers:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/persona-5-royal-how-to-get-the-true-ending

it took me less than 90 hours to beat the OG game AND the 15+ hours of new stuff. 

fuck yeah, thanks for this. honestly i expected the true ending requirements to be absurd in a game this long with this type of structure, that seems straightforward enough!

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Casual said:

fuck yeah, thanks for this. honestly i expected the true ending requirements to be absurd in a game this long with this type of structure, that seems straightforward enough!

yeah, it was pretty simple to meet the requirements. let me know what you think, once you beat it! 

God Scarlet Nexus becomes so fucking bad. This shit is some straight up ass doo doo. It’s like eating some late night Taco Bell, decent at first but now I’m at the part where it’s 4am with heartburn and explosive diarrhea. I’m on Dominion Circus boss? Complete dookuan. I’d say the last 3/4 of this game has been some of the most lazy and poorly designed shit I’ve played in a long time. That dungeon on chapter 10 wtf even was that shite or that horizontal running section. This the gaming equivalent of popov vodka or some bottom shelf shit that comes in like a big jug for like 10 bucks 

I’ll finish it up tomorrow so I can move on to TWEWY neo. I’ve made it this far I might as well see the ending 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Delita said:

God Scarlet Nexus becomes so fucking bad. This shit is some straight up ass doo doo. It’s like eating some late night Taco Bell, decent at first but now I’m at the part where it’s 4am with heartburn and explosive diarrhea. I’m on Dominion Circus boss? Complete dookuan. I’d say the last 3/4 of this game has been some of the most lazy and poorly designed shit I’ve played in a long time. That dungeon on chapter 10 wtf even was that shite or that horizontal running section. This the gaming equivalent of popov vodka or some bottom shelf shit that comes in like a big jug for like 10 bucks 

I’ll finish it up tomorrow so I can move on to TWEWY neo. I’ve made it this far I might as well see the ending 

:D Yeah that dungeon was such a slog to get through. I almost wasn't sure I wanted to keep playing it at that point either. Its such a shame because most of the other dungeons were pretty well paced.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

:D Yeah that dungeon was such a slog to get through. I almost wasn't sure I wanted to keep playing it at that point either. Its such a shame because most of the other dungeons were pretty well paced.

I thought almost all of them in the last 3/4 were badly paced. That one that looks chinese with the conveyers was also trash lmfao I know i said I vastly prefer dungeons that focus on combat, but this is way too much. It's just non stop room after room with multiple waves of hard damage sponge enemies. Enemy variety sucked too which made it feel even more shitty. How many times was that other with the valve that makes that squeeking sound and shoots rain used? good grief

just finished. Huge MEH. I thought the 2nd half was going to be better with the revelations but it just gets so overly retarded and melodramatic. Some ok story moments.

Combat was decent enough though, probably why i finished it.

Now on to TWEWY Neo and Ace Atorney chronicles :smoke:

• Upvote 1

NEO The World Ends with You.

So for so good. It takes a bit to adjust but once you understand the flow of combat it's actually pretty sweet.

Unfortunately some issues I had with the first is still here in that the characters seriously don't ever shut the fuck up. At least the main characters aren't as obnoxious as the first one so far, i also think the game spanning over several days across weeks rather than what was it, 7 days? In the first one? lends itself a lot better than 7 long chapters. Here the first 3 days have been about an hour long each with reasonable pacing in the storyline, which is making it easier to play and enjoy rather than having to suffer hours upon hours of endless awful and drawn out conversations just to have the game finally get somewhere :scared: 

• Like 1

Man the OST of Neo has been a huge letdown. I remember the first having such a bad ass soundtrack but this one has just been alright and kinda forgettable. The remixed tracks from 1 they've reused here in the sequel have been absolutely butchered :scared: whoever the fuck was the music producer of these new versions sounds like they hired them from soundcloud

Man I almost forgot just how good Persona 5 is. Game just has so much damn style and it oozes through in everything from the graphics to the music to the interface. Really brings me back to the N64/PS1 era where even menus and the like were an extension of the games style, obviously most were not nearly done this well, but in a world where everything feels so standardized I really appreciate this stuff. I definitely like a clean UI as much as the next guy, and most devs couldn’t pull this off anyway, but it’s certainly a nice change of pace. 

• Upvote 1

End of Chapter 12 of Yakuza Like A Dragon now. Hit a bit of a wall with the boss fight in this chapter but finally beat it. Game continues to be awesome. 

The Ascent: One of the buggiest games I have ever played in my life. First session was with a couple of friends and in the 2 or so hours we played we basically had to restart 5+ times. Plus constant bugs while playing like HUD no showing up, certain ppl not being able to pick up items, etc. Same thing happened with our second session and then yesterday we couldn't even join each other. Absolute mess of a game. 

Also finally picked up Crash 4 and started that. It's so damn good. Level design is terrific and it's very challenging. 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

End of Chapter 12 of Yakuza Like A Dragon now. Hit a bit of a wall with the boss fight in this chapter but finally beat it. Game continues to be awesome. 

The Ascent: One of the buggiest games I have ever played in my life. First session was with a couple of friends and in the 2 or so hours we played we basically had to restart 5+ times. Plus constant bugs while playing like HUD no showing up, certain ppl not being able to pick up items, etc. Same thing happened with our second session and then yesterday we couldn't even join each other. Absolute mess of a game. 

Also finally picked up Crash 4 and started that. It's so damn good. Level design is terrific and it's very challenging. 

It sounds like some of the boss fights in Like A Dragon (that one in particular) didn't bother you as much as they did me. I found the difficulty spikes at points to be completely unreasonable, and enough to drop my opinion of the game from fantastic to just solid all around. Its jarring because I actually found most of the other Yakuzas to be pretty easy.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It sounds like some of the boss fights in Like A Dragon (that one in particular) didn't bother you as much as they did me. I found the difficulty spikes at points to be completely unreasonable, and enough to drop my opinion of the game from fantastic to just solid all around. Its jarring because I actually found most of the other Yakuzas to be pretty easy.

It was the first serious difficulty spike I encountered in the game, however I have been doing a lot of sub stories and side stuff. The Chapter 12 boss though made me stop and I had to grind about an extra 6-8 levels. Thankfully there was the Arena which made that fairly easy and I'm a fan of the gameplay so it didn't bother me too much, but it definitely put a damper on the pacing at a particular bad moment for the story too. 

So I've put about 10h into Halo Infinite's MP this weekend, and I'm extremely happy with it, outside of the low performance of the PC version due to the game currently not utilizing the GPU very well at all.  They had a couple hours of PvP play, and it was predicably awesome.  I'm going to put a lot of time into that game later this year. :wow2: 

Other than that, I've been playing FF1 Pixel Remaster.  I've beaten Lich, and headed East to Crescent Lake to stock up on supplies and equipment before heading into Gurgu Volcano.  I'm really liking this version of the game.  The music is AMAZING.

Kary is going down later this afternoon :aitch: 

Smoked Kary, did the Ice Cave, got the Levistone.  Went and got the Airship, went to Gaia and then the Caravan, got the Bottled Faerie, returned back and released the Faerie in the spring to get the Oxyale.  Went and finished off Castle of Ordeals, got the Rat Tail, and took it to Bahamut to get the class change. B) 

Now I'm heading to the Sunken Shrine to fight Kraken :wow2: 

Polished off Kraken and Tiamat, finished the Temple of Fiends and killed Chaos.  GG Garland :obama: 

Roughly 13h to fully complete the game 100%.  Could have probably done it faster if I tried, but I pretty much fought every battle and didn't really run away (the fast forward auto-battle is nice to have)

ff1.png

I give it an extremely solid 8/10.

Obviously I'm still partial to the classic NES version, but this is honestly the best modern version of the game you can buy.  This version is really well done... I'm honestly quite surprised that SquareEnix actually managed to do it this well at all.  It has all the QoL stuff that you'd want, the pixel art and animations and effects are REALLY nice and well done.  The pixel graphics are as beautiful as they've ever been.  (I don't really care that much for the PSP version sprites tbh) abd it has probably the best remastered OST out of all the FF1 ports.  There's some really beautiful tracks in this one... like for instance the Chaos Shrine:

and the best thing about it (on PC anyway) is that it's completely easy to mod.  You can change the fonts, sprites, backgrounds... basically everything.

I used the PS1 character sprites, which I feel go perfectly with the new monster sprites.  I also used the MysticQuest font pack that someone released, Darker backgrounds, as well as a darker UI mod which I feel looks a lot nicer.  It's all simple drop in and done type stuff.  EZ.

Some pics of vanilla vs modded:

Default battle

20210804190300-1.jpg

Modded battle

20210804184956-1.jpg

Default menu + font

20210804185652-1.jpg

Modded menu + font

20210804184942-1.jpg

Anyway, people are going to be modding this to hell and back, because it's so easy.  I'm sure people will create their own sprites.  They've already got a pack that puts in all the characters from FF9 lol.

So yea, this is a really great way to play the game now on PC.  I'm sure the consoles will be getting this too soon enough.  They've released literally all the other FF games on the PS4/XO gen... of course they're going to release 1-6 on those machines as well so the entire series is essentially playable on those systems going forward.  I think they've done enough work to them with the sprites, backgrounds, music tracks and just the engine (unity) being nice and smooth that it's worth the price they're asking.

Gonna play some other games I have going, but will be starting FF2 soon enough. :fblike: