The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

3 hours ago, Sabo said:

Finished 13 Sentinels. Yeeeeah... I'm with Twinblade on this one. I wouldn't say the ending ruined the game for me though but I can see where Twinblade is coming from.

As for me, ehh, I wasn't bothered that much by the ending. Mainly because I had already disconnected from the story around the 22 hour mark. Shit was getting so ridiculous I was literally laughing at all the reveals and explanations. I think this game found a way to cram in every Sci-Fi trope you can think of.

So while I may not care for how the story turned out I still oddly enough enjoyed the game for what it is. That's weird to say considering the story is the main point of the game. The experience was definitely... something LOL.

It just felt way too 'overwritten' by the end of it, with a bunch of ridiculous twists that felt like the writers were trying too hard. A simpler story would have benefitted the game a lot imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Did you ever play AI: The Somnium Files? So fucking good! The Kagami inside joke maybe one of my favorite things in gaming :D but the story is out there, yet feels right! 

Nah, but I've heard good things about it. I've seen the game go on sale a few times so I'll have to keep this game in mind the next time a sale comes around.

Right now I'm in the mood to play something that's more gameplay focused and less about the narrative though. I know Greak Memories of Azur comes out on Monday so I might check that out. It looks interesting. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

It just felt way too 'overwritten' by the end of it. A simpler story would have benefitted the game a lot imo.

Oh, I agree. Which is why my reaction to a lot of stuff was usually laughter because the game does go overboard with it all.

As absurd as the story gets, it didn't bother me that much though. I think its because the game just goes all in on it's nonsense. It left me going, "Alright, this is fuckin' ridiculous but dammit- I respect your commitment".

7 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished my first full run of Hades

9 to go! You’ll be able to blast through one in 15 min.

oh 

Spoiler

Start romancing Meg. Get her gifts at the bar. 

I just started chapter 5 of A Phagtale: GODocence. I love this game, the story is dark as fuck not what I expected.

And this world just easily manages to draw me in. The pacing is just right. I really like the interaction between Amicia and Hugo so far, I really feel for them it's such a sad story. :mjcry: 

When Hugo picks up a flower and puts it in her hair and shes petting his head, or simple stuff like giving him commands like go first up a ladder and his respond. I just think it's so cute. This game kinda brought up a lot of emotions in me so far.

Spoiler

in chapter two when hugo ran away after she told him her parents are dead, the music that plays chasing after him, then the boss fight. I never expected that from the game at all. It was so well done. Not to mention the plague, the rats, actual fucking demon monsters :aitch:   

And I'm kinda surprised by the gameplay loop overall, I enjoy it a lot. 

Also the voice acting is top notch, I was praising the child voice actors in Layers of fear 2, they are doing a great job here as well. 

Edited by kaz
  • aitch 1
56 minutes ago, kaz said:

I just started chapter 5 of A Phagtale: GODocence. I love this game, the story is dark as fuck not what I expected.

And this world just easily manages to draw me in. The pacing is just right. I really like the interaction between Amicia and Hugo so far, I really feel for them it's such a sad story. :mjcry: 

When Hugo picks up a flower and puts it in her hair and shes petting his head, or simple stuff like giving him commands like go first up a ladder and his respond. I just think it's so cute. This game kinda brought up a lot of emotions in me so far.

Reveal hidden contents

in chapter two when hugo ran away after she told him her parents are dead, the music that plays chasing after him, then the boss fight. I never expected that from the game at all. It was so well done. Not to mention the plague, the rats, actual fucking demon monsters :aitch:   

And I'm kinda surprised by the gameplay loop overall, I enjoy it a lot. 

Also the voice acting is top notch, I was praising the child voice actors in Layers of fear 2, they are doing a great job here as well. 

Great impressions :smoke: And you still haven't gotten to the best parts yet.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, -GD-X said:

9 to go! You’ll be able to blast through one in 15 min.

oh 

Reveal hidden contents

Start romancing Meg. Get her gifts at the bar. 

My first one was 29.5min. I'd be very happy to cut that in half!

Atm still trying to focus on gifting everyone at least one to get all the keepsakes but after that I shall do as you suggest.

The game is crack. Perfect gameplay loop and a legitimate 10/10. Happy I stopped playing it earlier when it came out and waited for the console releases.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

My first one was 29.5min. I'd be very happy to cut that in half!

Atm still trying to focus on gifting everyone at least one to get all the keepsakes but after that I shall do as you suggest.

The game is crack. Perfect gameplay loop and a legitimate 10/10. Happy I stopped playing it earlier when it came out and waited for the console releases.

Yeah, it was perfect! It had that “just one more run” addictive quality. 

• Like 1

I know I haven't seen everything yet but so far I am sooo impressed by this game.  I love everything about it. 

I got the entire OST downloaded and listen to it over and over. This is one of those very rare gems for me. 

also i stopped that vid at some point because I know its like spoilers. 

Edited by kaz

I’m really loving Judgement (ps5) and If it can be considered a Yakuza I’d say it’s probably going to be the 2nd best after 0.

but what I’m not liking is the filler  in between the story beats and the amount of running from point A to b. I know in Yakuza it’s the same way, but I don’t think it’s ever been as excessive as this or maybe it’s just me.

Either way, it’s convinced me that Last Judgement is going to be a day 1

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I love adding the handicaps to the newer runs in Hades. Is Meg bae yet?

Not yet. She seems to only be showing up like after every 3rd run which is annoying. 

I'm also missing one Keepsake (the last one on the list) which seems to be from a character I haven't met yet...

6 hours ago, Delita said:

I’m really loving Judgement (ps5) and If it can be considered a Yakuza I’d say it’s probably going to be the 2nd best after 0.

but what I’m not liking is the filler  in between the story beats and the amount of running from point A to b. I know in Yakuza it’s the same way, but I don’t think it’s ever been as excessive as this or maybe it’s just me.

Either way, it’s convinced me that Last Judgement is going to be a day 1

great I thought I was going to be the only person to play the sequel at launch :ben: that’s definitely a series that you want to be able to talk about with other people.

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

great I thought I was going to be the only person to play the sequel at launch :ben: that’s definitely a series that you want to be able to talk about with other people.

True that. One thing I’m loving with judgement that’s a breath of fresh air is the new main characters. I was getting tired of kazuma already and Yagami and Kaito are a perfect replacement. Whoever was the voice acting director or whatever absolutely nailed the English dub

Im at the end of chapter 6 and it’s been one hell of a ride so far, 

Edited by Delita
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I finally finished both Great Ace Attorney games and am now diving into TWEWY 2. @Delitadid you get far into the game? Curious to know what you thought of it.

I got about half way before I put it down for Yakuza LAD, which i then put down for judgement. I'm on Finale chapter of Judgement so i'm hoping to go back and finish all of them.

When i left off, i honestly felt the game is of similar quality to the first and you know how i felt. :] I'm still going to finish it though, just like i did the original

Edited by Delita