The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

13 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I beat Kena. The last 1/3 was awesome! It took me about 10 hours to complete, yet I feel like I got the substance of a 15-20 hour title. There’s 0 bloat. The pacing is some of the best I’ve seen, starting off rather chill, but ending with some intense combat and puzzle-platforming. 9/10 

Damn, you blasted through that game!  I still have to get to it.  So many damn things to play right now!

I just beat the 5th Lord in  Tales of Arise.  Man... this game just hits right with me.  I love it.  If not for Forza and potentially Halo, this would very likely be my GOTY... It definitely is at the moment anyway... it edges out Psychonauts 2... but I gotta see how it all finishes up first.  I expected it to be a good game, but I didn't expect to like it quite as much as I have.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Damn, you blasted through that game!  I still have to get to it.  So many damn things to play right now!

I just beat the 5th Lord in  Tales of Arise.  Man... this game just hits right with me.  I love it.  If not for Forza and potentially Halo, this would very likely be my GOTY... It definitely is at the moment anyway... it edges out Psychonauts 2... but I gotta see how it all finishes up first.  I expected it to be a good game, but I didn't expect to like it quite as much as I have.

I will give Tales a go next year for sure! I’m keeping Nov/December for Forza Horizon 5 :smoke:

Far Cry 6 is alright. I'm liking the new amigos mechanic :ben:  got me a Gator named Guapo helping me shred fools.

I think it's gotten to a point now where PS5 is the obligatory platform of choice for single player FPS for me. Deathloop and now Far Cry 6 have fantastic implementation of triggers/rumble that adds so much to the experience that you don't fully appreciate until it's not there.

Overall the game is more of the same though, but in a new setting and some new tricks. Diggin the new Cuba/Latin america setting. I'd say it works for this franchise because this isn't a yearly or even bi anuual franchise like Assasins creed so it never gets to a sense of fatigue and it helps that what it does, it does extremely well and there isn't very many open-world FPS on the market.

I'd compare it almost something to like Dragon quest. It's going to be years before Dragon Quest XII releases from XI and i already know how the game will play and what kind of story there is just like every single Dragon Quest made.

Edited by Delita

So i didnt finish Tales, im still playing it. But im not gonna be heavy into it. I beat all the Lords and im assuming the rest is filler but i shall see. So i wont give a full review but some things i liked and disliked about the game

Things i Liked

-Right off the bat the game is absolutely beautiful . The art is so well done and some areas really blew me away. It looks like a painting in motion sometimes. One of the prettiest games i have ever played.

-Almost all of the characters were likeable, in fact i really liked the majority of them. I didnt skip any of the convos that randomly pop up because i wanted to hear the banter and growth within the character set. The entire game created a tension between two characters that i really wanted to see how it played out

-Battle system was a lot of fun. There is a lot to do and its visually amazing. ( I only used Alphen tho the whole game)

-Story was good enough that i cared about it. Got a little whacky but it is a JRPG. It held my interest throughout the entire game

-Some of the boss battles are the most fucking epic thing ive seen in a recent JRPG. 

-The music ....EPIC

Things i didnt Like

-Lots of standard JRPG stuff in here, "this elevator doesnt work" was tossed around way too much. All of the realms play out the same . Side quests were not that interesting and i dont care about the fishing or farm animals mini games lol.

-Sometimes the dungeons got a little too repetitive. On the last one i ran from a few fights because it was just fighting all the same enemies over and over

-Combat got so ridiculous at some points you couldnt even see what was happening on the screen

-While artistically beautiful, technically it could have used some work with pop in , etc.

I dont think this game does much different from the standard JRPG or Tales game, but i think it did almost everything much better than most. If they break away from the standard JRPG cliches a little bit, and fix some of the minor little things i can only imagine how the next game will be .

Easily one of the best JRPGs ive played in recent memory and easily one of, if not the best, game ive played this year. If you like JRPGs , deffo play this game.

• Upvote 2
40 minutes ago, JonbX said:

So i didnt finish Tales, im still playing it. But im not gonna be heavy into it. I beat all the Lords and im assuming the rest is filler but i shall see. So i wont give a full review but some things i liked and disliked about the game

Things i Liked

-Right off the bat the game is absolutely beautiful . The art is so well done and some areas really blew me away. It looks like a painting in motion sometimes. One of the prettiest games i have ever played.

-Almost all of the characters were likeable, in fact i really liked the majority of them. I didnt skip any of the convos that randomly pop up because i wanted to hear the banter and growth within the character set. The entire game created a tension between two characters that i really wanted to see how it played out

-Battle system was a lot of fun. There is a lot to do and its visually amazing. ( I only used Alphen tho the whole game)

-Story was good enough that i cared about it. Got a little whacky but it is a JRPG. It held my interest throughout the entire game

-Some of the boss battles are the most fucking epic thing ive seen in a recent JRPG. 

-The music ....EPIC

Things i didnt Like

-Lots of standard JRPG stuff in here, "this elevator doesnt work" was tossed around way too much. All of the realms play out the same . Side quests were not that interesting and i dont care about the fishing or farm animals mini games lol.

-Sometimes the dungeons got a little too repetitive. On the last one i ran from a few fights because it was just fighting all the same enemies over and over

-Combat got so ridiculous at some points you couldnt even see what was happening on the screen

-While artistically beautiful, technically it could have used some work with pop in , etc.

I dont think this game does much different from the standard JRPG or Tales game, but i think it did almost everything much better than most. If they break away from the standard JRPG cliches a little bit, and fix some of the minor little things i can only imagine how the next game will be .

Easily one of the best JRPGs ive played in recent memory and easily one of, if not the best, game ive played this year. If you like JRPGs , deffo play this game.

You beat me to it, but I was actually going to get pretty deep into it in my review.

I'll post mine when I finally beat the game, but I agree with pretty much everything you said.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Going back to Tales after Lost Judgement is hard. I realize they’re 2 completely different games but the dialogue and storytelling in Tales is so bad in comparison Im completely unengaged in what’s going on.

wow same thing happened to me a few days ago. i played it all day yesterday and my feeling was "did the story and cutscenes get a lot shittier since the last time i played it?"

still fun but the cutscenes :scared:

2 minutes ago, Delita said:

wow same thing happened to me a few days ago. i played it all day yesterday and my feeling was "did the story and cutscenes get a lot shittier since the last time i played it?"

Do you mean the "skits"?

7 minutes ago, Delita said:

I actually have an extra case of bad luck because the first major cutscene I saw after returning to the game was the most cringe worthy one up to that point :D 

Just now, Delita said:

Nah the actual story. I've stopped watching the skits entirely

Oh.  The cutscenes themselves are fine... though the dialog is admittedly pretty bad sometimes in them :D 

It's not meant to be super deep story-wise... despite having some commentary on "deep" subjects.

They're Japanese games... there's always a lot of ridiculous over exaggeration in pretty much all of them.... I mean.. you guys like the Yakuza games and there's tons of cringe shit in those games, despite also having some pretty awesome moments as well.

20 minutes ago, Remij said:

Oh.  The cutscenes themselves are fine... though the dialog is admittedly pretty bad sometimes in them :D 

It's not meant to be super deep story-wise... despite having some commentary on "deep" subjects.

They're Japanese games... there's always a lot of ridiculous over exaggeration in pretty much all of them.... I mean.. you guys like the Yakuza games and there's tons of cringe shit in those games, despite also having some pretty awesome moments as well.

:Jeff:

Judgement and Yakuza both have far better stories than Tales, and all the silly stuff is relegated to the optional side missions. In fact, they have better stories and dialogue than 90% games both Japanese and western. 

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

:Jeff:

Judgement and Yakuza both have far better stories than Tales, and all the silly stuff is relegated to the optional side missions. In fact, they have better stories and dialogue than 90% games both Japanese and western. 

I never said they didn't dipshit.  I said there's tons of STUPID AS FUCK DIALOG AND CUTSCENES in those games too.... :roll: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I never said they didn't dipshit.  I said there's tons of STUPID AS FUCK DIALOG AND CUTSCENES in those games too.... :roll: 

Why so mad? And you're missing the point, the cringeworthy stuff in Tales is FRONT AND CENTER in the main story. On the other hand you have to actively seek it out in Yakuza/Judgment.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Why so mad? And you're missing the point, the cringeworthy stuff in Tales is FRONT AND CENTER in the main story. On the other hand you have to actively seek it out in Yakuza/Judgment.

I'm not... just pointing out how you let shit slide for one and not the other... kinda like you do when it comes to FPSs you prefer :reg: 

And dude... lmfao... the main shit in Yakuza is ridiculous as fuck to begin with... the side shit takes that a step further... lmao the fuck :D 

But hol up... I'm not about to let you act like I'm saying Tales' story is anything incredible...

Edited by Remij
11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

This is why I only play one game at a time. Playing 2 games at the same time = epic fail.  

Even then... I'm not the kind of person who would be enjoying something... stop playing it to play something else... and then go back to it after and be like "oh man this is just boring and I'm completely unengaged"...  If I'm enjoying something, I'm going to enjoy it when I go back to it as well.

For me I don't give a shit how good the next game is... if I enjoyed a past game... I'll always be able to enjoy it.  Which is why it's weird for me sometimes to hear people say they can't go back and play some old games anymore..  I love going back and playing older games and I don't feel the need to compare them to other newer games in the process..  I just enjoy what I enjoy and that's it.

I'm playing Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain again since it rereleased on PC and I'm fucking LOOOOOOOOVING it.

Playing games shouldn't be a "hard" thing to do.  Going back to games shouldn't be a "hard" thing to do.  You're not supposed to suffer... so enjoy.  Which is what I do or else I'd stop playing the game altogether.  

Edited by Remij
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Remij said:

Even then... I'm not the kind of person who would be enjoying something... stop playing it to play something else... and then go back to it after and be like "oh man this is just boring and I'm completely unengaged"...  If I'm enjoying something, I'm going to enjoy it when I go back to it as well.

For me I don't give a shit how good the next game is... if I enjoyed a past game... I'll always be able to enjoy it.  Which is why it's weird for me sometimes to hear people say they can't go back and play some old games anymore..  I love going back and playing older games and I don't feel the need to compare them to other newer games in the process..  I just enjoy what I enjoy and that's it.

I'm playing Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain again since it rereleased on PC and I'm fucking LOOOOOOOOVING it.

Playing games shouldn't be a "hard" thing to do.  Going back to games shouldn't be a "hard" thing to do.  You're not supposed to suffer... so enjoy.  Which is what I do or else I'd stop playing the game altogether.  

I personally have a hard time jumping back  into a game at like the midpoint, fresh from another title. I usually just end up replaying it from the beginning, or I never get back into it. Though, I too love playing older games I’ve completed, especially ones that left an emotional impact (replaying the ME trilogy this year was amazing)!

• Thanks 1