The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Ended up copping Death Stranding Directors Cut for PS5. I wasn't planning on doing anything but just fuck around with the new stuff and replay some boss battles. It helps that it was only 10 bucks for the upgrade. After playing a bit i think I'm going to replay it again from the beginning :aitch:

I already loved the original but damn, after turning it on after almost 2 years, this game is the equivalent of a fine wine.

Still making my way through Far Cry 6. :ben:  Good game. Though its pretty funny how cliche the game is in terms of characters, plot. Like the developer just said Since it's Cuba lets throw in a revolution plot, baseball, tobacco plantations, and a bunch of reggaeton. not gonna lie, that works for me :smoke:

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Death Stranding :smoke: i think the game is going to be timeless. It’s such a unique concept, that even 10 years from now im certain it will be as good as it is today.

agreed :denzel:

At first I was hoping Kojima was working on something new for PS5, now Im hoping its death stranding 2 :aitch:

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

how long is it?

the pacing is great, it's short enough. it has 13 chapters and switches between the two protagonists every chapter

• Upvote 1
On 2021-10-13 at 6:54 PM, Twinblade said:

@JonbX Any idea how close I am to the end of Tales? 

Hide contents

Im about to board the 4th lord's ship.

After you beat that one, there is one more left.  Its about the same time from lord to lord so not too much. But the game doesnt end there . I stopped after i beat all the lords not sure how much goes on after that.

I started playing The Good Life. Idk what to expect from the game but it looks like a wiiu and performs like one too....yet somehow i am still intrigued. Only played more maybe an hour but we will see how it goes. Its unique, thats for sure,

2 hours ago, JonbX said:

I started playing The Good Life. Idk what to expect from the game but it looks like a wiiu and performs like one too....yet somehow i am still intrigued. Only played more maybe an hour but we will see how it goes. Its unique, thats for sure,

Im very curious about this game, but the first reviews haven't been good at all...in fact its currently at a whopping 43 on MC :ben: 

4 hours ago, Casual said:

Dread is so so good. Honestly shocked with the quality.

Makes me want to replay fusion, but don't really have a way.

My brother-in-law was screaming at the switch because of one of the later bosses :D . No clue how he can play that game with joycons. He said he loves the game, though. It sounds too hard for me (I have no patience)

13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

My brother-in-law was screaming at the switch because of one of the later bosses :D . No clue how he can play that game with joycons. He said he loves the game, though. It sounds too hard for me (I have no patience)

I can’t imagine playing it with the joycons tbh. It’s good on the pro controller but you can tell they were running out of real estate with some of the later abilities. 

regarding the difficulty, there’s certainly a lot going on and the movement is fast and frantic but they’re super generous with checkpointing, I can’t think of a death I had where I lost more than a few seconds. The bosses definitely take a lot of tries but it’s more an exercise in memory/pattern recognition than anything. Reminds me a lot of the bosses in DKC:TF actually, bit more demanding on the movement/precision though. 

think I’m nearly done this game and so far it’s my clear goty. I do wish it was maybe 4-5 hours longer but there’s something to be said for a concise and tight game. No lulls or low points in my opinion and really the type of game you can just sit down and get done in 3 good sessions. I can’t really think of the last game the was short enough to do that but also good enough to compel me to do so. 

looks and runs great for a switch game and they’ve really nailed the speed and feel of Samus. Probably the best she’s felt in the 2D games. There was definitely a little learning curve on the muscle memory end but since it clicked I’ve just been flying through rooms, hyped to go back with all my abilities and pick apart the previous areas for collectables I’ve missed. 

the areas are super impressive both in look and scope. The first couple were a little bland but some of the later, more traditional Metroid biomes are bangers. Very well designed map too. 

my only two “complaints” would be the music, which isn’t bad by any means but also not super memorable which for a Metroid game is a little disappointing. I also think the game guides you a bit too much, which is weird cause I’ve read about people getting lost a lot and I just don’t see how. They’re very good at pushing you forward to the next area, either by cleverly dropping you back to an old area immediately after you obtain a new ability (which can now be used to go a different route) or by straight up blocking off routes when you open new ones (ie. rerouting thermal energy to open one area and close another). I guess this is good and bad since it contributes to the compactness and pace of the experience but I would have liked to have had to open my map and think about it a bit more here and there. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

@kaz I was in the mood for a horror game so I bought The Beast Inside. Its interesting so far, but they really do like to pile on the jump scares huh :ben: 

Not at all, it's contrary. Sounds like you are very early. It's mostly focused on the story. Enjoy! 

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The chapter I just did was very cool. So far the Modern day segments are quite a bit more enjoyable than the ones set in the past.

I loved every chapter to be honest. But yeah, I think I get what ya mean. Trust me it will get weird as fuck if you like the modern day parts

I was blown away by the voice acting quality and I really like adam and emma. glad you like it.

Edited by kaz
On 2021-10-19 at 9:01 PM, kaz said:

I loved every chapter to be honest. But yeah, I think I get what ya mean. Trust me it will get weird as fuck if you like the modern day parts

I was blown away by the voice acting quality and I really like adam and emma. glad you like it.

I just finished it. It was good, but I definitely had issues with Nicholas' segments. It tried to incorporate too many gameplay styles and had a pretty annoying amount of jump scares. It felt like streamer bait, designed to make people flinch and jump as much as possible just to generate interest from the steam horror game crowd, but at the expense of actual tension and atmosphere.

The Adam sections were much more entertaining though. Lots of exploration, cool puzzles, and like you said Adam and Emma were very compelling and I felt far more motivated in seeing their story through than I was for Nicolas'.

On a side note the 3D scanned objects (especially the furniture) looked really damn good.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I just finished it. It was good, but I definitely had issues with Nicholas' segments. It tried to incorporate too many gameplay styles and had a pretty annoying amount of jump scares. It felt like streamer bait, designed to make people flinch and jump as much as possible just to generate interest from the steam horror game crowd, but at the expense of actual tension and atmosphere.

The Adam sections were much more entertaining though. Lots of exploration, cool puzzles, and like you said Adam and Emma were very compelling and I felt far more motivated in seeing their story through than I was for Nicolas'.

On a side note the 3D scanned objects (especially the furniture) looked really damn good.

I have no idea what you mean by jump scares because they are literally gone after chapter 2. The only time I remember a few scares again was in the Inn. (which were scarce as fuck). Game focusses on gameplay sections and story/puzzles more than anything. 

I love both timelines, without the past the game wouldn't make sense because they are connected but yea like I said I definitely enjoy the modern time more. I felt the increasingly paranoia and the hunt after the culprit was tense as fuck at times. Also some scenes were scary.

Glad you liked it!