The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I’ve had Metroid dread since launch but just recently sunk time into it. I think I’m nearing the end. Game is absolutely fantastic. I’m on vacation right now and it’s surprisingly kept me hooked. The only thing I’m not liking too much are those sections with the robots that can only be killed one way, too much trial and error. Other than that it’s a banger

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Delita said:

I’ve had Metroid dread since launch but just recently sunk time into it. I think I’m nearing the end. Game is absolutely fantastic. I’m on vacation right now and it’s surprisingly kept me hooked. The only thing I’m not liking too much are those sections with the robots that can only be killed one way, too much trial and error. Other than that it’s a banger

i think i would destroy my switch :D my brother-in-law was losing his shit with one of the bosses. no thanks. i suck at hard games now.

So copped It Takes Two last night. It was a mission success, as my gf and I haven't been able to find a coop game we both like. I liked the Trine series and Cuphead, but she liked Pode(sic?) and Unraveled which I didn't. They are fine games but those indy style puzzle games with the spa music and zero dialog legit puts me to sleep. 

On 2021-10-21 at 4:09 PM, Mr. Impossible said:

So copped It Takes Two last night. It was a mission success, as my gf and I haven't been able to find a coop game we both like. I liked the Trine series and Cuphead, but she liked Pode(sic?) and Unraveled which I didn't. They are fine games but those indy style puzzle games with the spa music and zero dialog legit puts me to sleep. 

Try A Way Out when you’re done with that one. It’s another great co-op game. 

Finished House of Ashes. Managed to keep all of the characters alive :wow2:

It exceeded my expectations, and I was engaged all the way through. The story is nothing to write home about and borrows so many different cliches and elements from other properties, but the characters and the situations they find themselves in were the highlight. The claustrophobic environments and Supermassive's smart use of camera angles and lighting really amplified everything as well.

The game restored my faith in the studio's abilities and just made me more puzzled as to why Sony just let them slip through the cracks. This should have been one of their main purchases, high budget horror games on the level of Until Dawn would have given them a major upper hand in the industry and been a great complement to their existing first party library.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Finished House of Ashes. Managed to keep all of the characters alive :wow2:

It exceeded my expectations, and I was engaged all the way through. The story is nothing to write home about and borrows so many different cliches and elements from other properties, but the characters and the situations they find themselves in were the highlight. The claustrophobic environments and Supermassive's smart use of camera angles and lighting really amplified everything as well.

The game restored my faith in the studio's abilities and just made me more puzzled as to why Sony just let them slip through the cracks. This should have been one of their main purchases, high budget horror games on the level of Until Dawn would have given them a major upper hand in the industry and been a great complement to their existing first party library.

I need to pick this up! 

15 hours ago, Ike said:

Try A Way Out when you’re done with that one. It’s another great co-op game. 

Cool, Good to know! We dont get to game together much, and definitely after they drop the new Animal Crossing content she'll probably be neck deep in that,  so will get some good mileage out of It Takes Two, but definitely will need another game after we've beaten it.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I think you'll definitely like it, but I need to warn you that theres actually very little 'horror' in the game. Its mostly atmosphere more than anything else.

Ohhh that’s disappointing. 

Played through AoE4's first few missions. Really solid all around. They do a great job of slowly introducing the game's systems and mechanics which is going to make it a lot easier for people who are new to the series. The documentary style FMV is really neat as well.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone played the RE7 DLC's? I just bought the game and I'm not sure if they are worth it. Looks like they are skippable since they add not much to the story(?)

8 minutes ago, kaz said:

Has anyone played the RE7 DLC's? I just bought the game and I'm not sure if they are worth it. Looks like they are skippable since they add not much to the story(?)

End of Zoe was my favorite, I remember it being more story focused and having some cool moments. Not a Hero is ok but pretty action focused and it doesn't offer much in terms of story. The Banned Footage stuff is mostly just mini games and some basic game modes IRRC.

• Thanks 1

Finished the first campaign in AoE4. It was solid, but the storytelling did leave a bit to be desired. The missions are basically just recreations of some famous battles during the portrayed time period, but you just get thrown into a scenario and have a narrator spit out a few lines of dialogues here and there. Theres almost no cutscenes, and the characters involved in the battles don't speak or have personalities of any kind.

On 2021-10-31 at 1:24 PM, Twinblade said:

Finished the first campaign in AoE4. It was solid, but the storytelling did leave a bit to be desired. The missions are basically just recreations of some famous battles during the portrayed time period, but you just get thrown into a scenario and have a narrator spit out a few lines of dialogues here and there. Theres almost no cutscenes, and the characters involved in the battles don't speak or have personalities of any kind.

It feels like a side mode they'd toss into a bigger game. Like you said, it's solid but this isn't really what I want from an RTS campaign.

24 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

It feels like a side mode they'd toss into a bigger game. Like you said, it's solid but this isn't really what I want from an RTS campaign.

Apparently the rest of the campaigns are more interesting, im curious to see what they do with them in terms of battles/set pieces/storytelling.

I did have unrealistically high hopes though because the multiplayer is not something im going to bother with. I just don't have the brain power to micro manage 3525325 things and do what's necessary to compete with the average AoE player.

I finally played more of Dread and I'm in the minority. I like how nimble Samus is but otherwise I think it's a fairly paint-by-numbers sequel. The biggest complaint is the environments. They're not visually interesting (the art style reminds me of Strider 2014) and the level themes are the standard forest, ice, water themes. Likewise the power-ups are the usual Metroid outlay. The EMMI sections are supposed to be the new gameplay twist but I find them annoying more than anything. The game's so generous with checkpoints that there's no real tension to them and I mindlessly plow through them. And none of the music stands out, the map's color blocking makes it look too busy (you should be able to toggle it off), and I'm being more negative than I mean to. I like the boss fights.

I don't know, maybe I'm just too burned out on games.

Guardians of the Galaxy has been one the biggest surprise hits i've played in a long time. I've never seen the movies and don't really know much but I had a blast. Started off kinda slow but man it quickly gets awesome. So refreshing to play a straightforward single player game without all the bloated fat or filled to the brim with microtransactions or other GaaS crud.