The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

7 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Just unlocked the Colossus event :disco:

I see ya putting in that work. You will top my numbers soon. I won’t be able to play again until tomorrow afternoon. Have fun, homie :smoke:

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I see ya putting in that work. You will top my numbers soon. I won’t be able to play again until tomorrow afternoon. Have fun, homie :smoke:

lmao I just took a break :whew:

Thinking I wouldnt pass you, since the only thing I did have more of was the Bonus Signs smashed.. but you too passed me there :qbad:

• Upvote 1

I finally finished Metroid Dread and it really grew on me. My three main criticism still stand: The areas look too similar to one another, the Emmis sections are mindless trial-and-error where the easiest tactic is just to plough through them, and the music is lackluster.  

But what I think is so cool is that Samus moves like a 2D Dante. Especially like the Trickster style in DMC3 which gives you the air-dashing moveset. She can triple air/ground dash and infinit-jump, and it becomes really easy to quickly get a lot of distance on a boss and attack them from mid-range. The other thing is the boss fights are a lot of fun. They're designed around Samus' quick arial moveset. People are saying they're hard but judging by the GameFAQs' Dread board, it's mostly younger gamers saying that. If you're used to Mega Man, Castlevania, or Contra bosses, Dread's bosses aren't hard at all. I beat a lot of them on my second try, and a few on my first try. The bosses telegraph all their moves really nicely.

I'm keeping it. 8.3. The next one could be even better if they just improve the art direction and music.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Saucer said:

I finally finished Metroid Dread and it really grew on me. My three main criticism still stand: The areas look too similar to one another, the Emmis sections are mindless trial-and-error where the easiest tactic is just to plough through them, and the music is lackluster.  

But what I think is so cool is that Samus moves like a 2D Dante. Especially like the Trickster style in DMC3 which gives you the air-dashing moveset. She can triple air/ground dash and infinit-jump, and it becomes really easy to quickly get a lot of distance on a boss and attack them from mid-range. The other thing is the boss fights are a lot of fun. They're designed around Samus' quick arial moveset. People are saying they're hard but judging by the GameFAQs' Dread board, it's mostly younger gamers saying that. If you're used to Mega Man, Castlevania, or Contra bosses, Dread's bosses aren't hard at all. I beat a lot of them on my second try, and a few on my first try. The bosses telegraph all their moves really nicely.

I'm keeping it. 8.3. The next one could be even better if they just improve the art direction and music.

I have honestly no idea where the "hard" critique comes from. This is not even coming from a prespective of being some pretentious hardcore gamer, as I'm old and slow now and don't have the patience as I did before. To me the difficulty felt "just right", you hit the nail on the head with your comparisons.

Excellent game, but its not on the level of Super Metroid or the very first Prime. This one didn't leave me with the "wow" factor those did to be considered a classic.

I am probably a few hours away from wrapping up the Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island expansion map, I've combed about 75% of the map, thus far. Probably done 2/3's of the side missions, and half of the main missions.

Its a pretty decent-sized map, probably a quarter of the main game's  map. It should also be easier to get by, because at this point your character should be leveled up and have the best weapons from playing the main game.

There's only two "Mythic" quests, and one of them is every bit as good and interesting as the one's from the main game, and it even gets a little creepy at times.

The second one deviates quite a bit as has some real funny shit in it. it also makes fun of the "myth" aspect of these quests, and how the storyteller is exaggerating the supernatural aspects of the story.

I don’t think going full on open world was the right choice for Sherlock Holmes. The city is big but feels pretty dead, there’s no more than a handful of NPCs on the streets at any time and almost none of the buildings can be entered. A smaller but more dense setting with more interactivity would have been better.

Really enjoying the new Sherlock Holmes. Its refreshing to play a game with investigation mechanics that actually make it feel like you're doing detective work. Its not just using batman vision and then spamming A on everything that lights up. And while its not the most technically impressive game, it does have a pretty pleasing visual style

Sherlock.jpg

Sherlock2.jpg

Sherlock3.jpg

Sherlock4.jpg

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Really enjoying the new Sherlock Holmes. Its refreshing to play a game with investigation mechanics that actually make it feel like you're doing detective work. Its not just using batman vision and then spamming A on everything that lights up. And while its not the most technically impressive game, it does have a pretty pleasing visual style

Sherlock.jpg

Sherlock2.jpg

Sherlock3.jpg

Sherlock4.jpg

Damn it’s pretty. Is this on consoles? 

Just now, Ike said:

Anyone getting Death’s Door this week? It looks like a cross of top town Zelda dungeons/exploration with better combat. 

I got it a while ago. I liked what I had played, but I forget why I put it on hold.