The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Snowman said:

Completely off topic :ben: but I remember you being a Rams fan, are you still one since they left for LA? 

Yeah, I'm from Toronto so I didn't have any allegiance to the city of St Louis. 

16 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Yeah, I'm from Toronto so I didn't have any allegiance to the city of St Louis. 

Ahhh, I c, I c. Well since Falcons have been ass, y'all been one of my Bandwagon teams cuz it'd be nice to see Stafford (ex UGA) finally win something. :smoke: :face:

My other is the Titans cuz Julio, but poor Julio hasn't been healthy and their whole offense is now on IR :sad:

Playing games directly from the Oculus Quest 2. It's like playing some 2006 PSP games in VR. haha

Sniper Elite VR is fun. The aiming/reloading mechanics works well but it's really ugly, it's practically undistinguishable from it's PC counterpart. It looks like some old Medal of Honor game running on PS2.

Demeo is an awesome tabletop RPG and it actually looks nice on Oculus. I wished it was higher res but the game visual style translate itself well with the weaker hard. It's actually pretty awesome as a portable handheld VR game. Perfect game for the Oculus, imo.

Ven VR Adventure. Kinda meh third person platformer. Despite the charming third person view it looks meh due the somewhat low resolution, muddy textures and ugly 2d backgrounds. This is no Astro Bot to say the least, I love games like this in VR but this one is bargain bin territory. Running the game with the non locked camera behind the character (my favorite way to play) severely dropped the framerates, I don't even understand why the feature is there, the hardware can't handle it.

Blade and Sorcery Nomad, my god, this is early, early access territory. The framerates is particularly bad. If I was on steam I would have asked for a refund.

6 hours ago, Snowman said:

Also, kinda glad I wasn't here during SB51 :ben:

Fuck the Pats. Rams looking pretty ass lately, so we can both cheer on the Titans since I really want to see Julio/Henry/Tannehill win a chip if the Rams can't. 

On 2021-11-28 at 5:05 PM, Ramza said:

Playing games directly from the Oculus Quest 2. It's like playing some 2006 PSP games in VR. haha

Sniper Elite VR is fun. The aiming/reloading mechanics works well but it's really ugly, it's practically undistinguishable from it's PC counterpart. It looks like some old Medal of Honor game running on PS2.

Demeo is an awesome tabletop RPG and it actually looks nice on Oculus. I wished it was higher res but the game visual style translate itself well with the weaker hard. It's actually pretty awesome as a portable handheld VR game. Perfect game for the Oculus, imo.

Ven VR Adventure. Kinda meh third person platformer. Despite the charming third person view it looks meh due the somewhat low resolution, muddy textures and ugly 2d backgrounds. This is no Astro Bot to say the least, I love games like this in VR but this one is bargain bin territory. Running the game with the non locked camera behind the character (my favorite way to play) severely dropped the framerates, I don't even understand why the feature is there, the hardware can't handle it.

Blade and Sorcery Nomad, my god, this is early, early access territory. The framerates is particularly bad. If I was on steam I would have asked for a refund.

DEMEO is fucking great. Loved that game especially in coop

• Upvote 1

Some more VR games impressions with the platform I played them on.

Warplanes: WW1 Fighters (PCVR)

I love flight sim games in VR, that's just one of the typical gaming genre that gets better in VR by default, like racing games. The game is hardly a graphical showcase but it feels just right with it's controls and physics. It also have plenty of content, over a 100 different missions, planes to buy and upgrades, perks to unlock. Definitely a great game, I had a terrific time with the 4-5 hours I spent on it so far.

Final Assault (PCVR)

If you ever wanted to experience what a RTS is like in VR, this is it. Gameplay got a bit boring after a few hours because the same strategy wins me most fights but I haven't played multiplayer yet. Anyway, the game mechanics are awesome and the spectacle of tiny toy like soldiers and tanks fighting it out is truly something to see. Maybe one day there will be a Total War game in VR and then I'll die in peace. It's more than proof of concept though, the game has a decent amount of content. 2 factions, 6 clans, plenty of maps, gameplay modes, decent production values and unlockables. I held off from buying this game for years but I realize now I shouldn't have, even on PSVR this game must be pretty good.

Yuki (Oculus Quest 2 native)

Wow, holy shit I hardly know what to say. This is a bullet hell smhup in VR from the devs who made Pixel Ripped 1985/1995. You hold your character in on hand like a toy, you shoot enemies and avoid bullets with your hands, it works far better than I expect and especially looks amazing. I love the artstyle and it's a solid game content wise so far, it's a roguelike but when you die you can use your EXP to upgrade Yuki in different ways. I can already tell this is something special, great proof of concept but also a great game. It also look really nice on Oculus Quest 2, resolution could be a tad better but that's about it.

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Some more VR games impressions with the platform I played them on.

Warplanes: WW1 Fighters (PCVR)

I love flight sim games in VR, that's just one of the typical gaming genre that gets better in VR by default, like racing games. The game is hardly a graphical showcase but it feels just right with it's controls and physics. It also have plenty of content, over a 100 different missions, planes to buy and upgrades, perks to unlock. Definitely a great game, I had a terrific time with the 4-5 hours I spent on it so far.

Final Assault (PCVR)

If you ever wanted to experience what a RTS is like in VR, this is it. Gameplay got a bit boring after a few hours because the same strategy wins me most fights but I haven't played multiplayer yet. Anyway, the game mechanics are awesome and the spectacle of tiny toy like soldiers and tanks fighting it out is truly something to see. Maybe one day there will be a Total War game in VR and then I'll die in peace. It's more than proof of concept though, the game has a decent amount of content. 2 factions, 6 clans, plenty of maps, gameplay modes, decent production values and unlockables. I held off from buying this game for years but I realize now I shouldn't have, even on PSVR this game must be pretty good.

Yuki (Oculus Quest 2 native)

Wow, holy shit I hardly know what to say. This is a bullet hell smhup in VR from the devs who made Pixel Ripped 1985/1995. You hold your character in on hand like a toy, you shoot enemies and avoid bullets with your hands, it works far better than I expect and especially looks amazing. I love the artstyle and it's a solid game content wise so far, it's a roguelike but when you die you can use your EXP to upgrade Yuki in different ways. I can already tell this is something special, great proof of concept but also a great game. It also look really nice on Oculus Quest 2, resolution could be a tad better but that's about it.

That WW1 game looks pretty good, but im not sure if I can handle that type of game. I tried AC7 on PSVR and it made me sick to my stomach after just a few minutes. Its unfortunate because thats the genre I was most excited to try in VR.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

That WW1 game looks pretty good, but im not sure if I can handle that type of game. I tried AC7 on PSVR and it made me sick to my stomach after just a few minutes. Its unfortunate because thats the genre I was most excited to try in VR.

You know, not getting sick in VR to me as always been a question of much VR experience you had in the past. That's why you start with stationary games like Superhot VR. After a few safe motion sickness games, you start moving on to harder to handle stuff.

It's pretty unfortunate indeed. Flight sim are perfect in VR. I wanted to try Project Wingman but it seems my laptop can't handle it. lol There's also Vtol VR which is highly praised by the VR community. Or Ultrawings, which one was one my favorite PSVR game. I can't wait to get a better PC just for these VR games.

All I can say is that Warplanes visuals aren't that immersive due to their basic style and simple textures, so it would probably help not getting sick but I can't say for sure since none of this stuff affects me anymore,

The only game I can remember than made me feel physically ill is Skyrim and that was one of the very first game I've played in VR.

All I can suggest is to play more VR games, the safe ones. Like Final Assault for example, I can't imagine this game ever giving motion sickness to anyone, especially since movement is handled with your hands by grabbing the environment (love that). Not saying you should buy it but maybe try to get more experience first. Then again it affects every person differently, which is imo one of the biggest hurdle of VR gaming, it's just not compatible with some people.

Trying beat Deathloop, but Juliana’s appearance makes killing the last 3 visionaries a total nuisance. I didn’t mind it earlier, since you got sick upgrades from beating her, and she wasn’t too hard. Now, she’s on roids. I just want to beat these 3 fucks, and this cunt cockblocks my game. I’m literally 3/4 done with the “breaking the loop” run….like an hour left in this 30 hour campaign. I’m thinking of just quitting. I’ll see how I feel over the weekend. 

Tried Halo’s campaign. It felt like gaming Valium next to Deathloop’s frenetic pace. Also, the graphics look worse in-game than in the vids. Weird. Grappling hook is cool. Too much interior in the intro. I’ll play it more over the weekend. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Trying beat Deathloop, but Juliana’s appearance makes killing the last 3 visionaries a total nuisance. I didn’t mind it earlier, since you got sick upgrades from beating her, and she wasn’t too hard. Now, she’s on roids. I just want to beat these 3 fucks, and this cunt cockblocks my game. I’m literally 3/4 done with the “breaking the loop” run….like an hour left in this 30 hour campaign. I’m thinking of just quitting. I’ll see how I feel over the weekend. 

Tried Halo’s campaign. It felt like gaming Valium next to Deathloop’s frenetic pace. Also, the graphics look worse in-game than in the vids. Weird. Grappling hook is cool. Too much interior in the intro. I’ll play it more over the weekend. 

Thats unfortunate about Deathloop. Sounds like an annoying experience.

Halo Infinite opens up soon but I can't say I find the open world to be that interesting so far. Outside of some Ubisoft style areas with enemies that need to be cleared out theres not much to do in it besides just following the waypoint to the next story mission.

The core gameplay is fun in its simplicity but nothing about the game is blowing me away so far.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats unfortunate about Deathloop. Sounds like an annoying experience.

Halo Infinite opens up soon but I can't say I find the open world to be that interesting so far. Outside of some Ubisoft style areas with enemies that need to be cleared out theres not much to do in it besides just following the waypoint to the next story mission.

The core gameplay is fun in its simplicity but nothing about the game is blowing me away so far.

I should have disabled the online feature. I’ve been letting mofos infiltrate my game, so it’s my fault. If I can’t beat the last section this weekend, I’ll just redo the whole day. It only took me like 45 minutes to get here. This time, I’ll use the game’s AI for Juliana. I’m sure it’s significantly easier. I feel like some overpowered person is kicking my ass. 

and yeah, I played more halo. It’s better looking outside, but I’m already getting bored. 

6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

500/553 cars in Horizon 5. :juggle:

Got Deathloop and Halo Infinite installed. Hopefully I can finally start playing other games again this weekend. :ben:

Holy shit bro! I plan on getting back into fh5 after Deathloop and maybe halo (if I can connect with it). 

Beat Deathloop. That was an epic final fight, but that ending :D I don’t even know what to make of it. Still, I give the game a 9.75. My only gripes are occasionally inconsistent AI (sometimes you aren’t seen just feet away, other times you are spotted from far af) and there’s a bit too much Juliana. Though, I found a hack. Wait for online Juliana to appear, disable Wi-Fi on ps5, and then she leaves the mission :D That’s what I did for the end. As for the pros…the gameplay, level design and swagger = epic! Having shift and nexus maxed makes you feel like a god! Telekinesis and Havok are the only useless slabs. They are fun, but not essential. I can’t recommend this game enough. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Beat Deathloop. That was an epic final fight, but that ending :D I don’t even know what to make of it. Still, I give the game a 9.75. My only gripes are occasionally inconsistent AI (sometimes you aren’t seen just feet away, other times you are spotted from far af) and there’s a bit too much Juliana. Though, I found a hack. Wait for online Juliana to appear, disable Wi-Fi on ps5, and then she leaves the mission :D That’s what I did for the end. As for the pros…the gameplay, level design and swagger = epic! Having shift and nexus maxed makes you feel like a god! Telekinesis and Havok are the only useless slabs. They are fun, but not essential. I can’t recommend this game enough. 

Damn. I might have to get Deathloop once I finish Halo Valhalla.

• aitch 1