The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Hell Let Loose just had update 11 :aitch:

Improved audio
, 2 new weapons, Half-tracks which are not only armoured transport, but double as a spawn point when immobile, and the Panzer IV for the Axis.

Been playing a lot of this lately and enjoying it immensely.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Played through the first hour and a half of Deathloop. It’s ok so far. The gunplay is surprisingly terrible.

It gets better with weapon trinkets (still nothing special). However, stealth is the way to go. 

9 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Hey Twinblade, how much more Halo Infinite do I have after getting the 4 pieces for the sequence or w/e it was?

I honestly can't even remember. I think after a mission or 2 you'll get to the point of no return, so you should be pretty close to the end. But also its worth mentioning that the game doesn't warn you when you get to that point, so if you want to do anything else in the open world now might be the best time.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

It gets better with weapon trinkets (still nothing special). However, stealth is the way to go. 

Yeah but at the moment i don't really have any weapons or powers to make the most of the stealth. I have that one nail gun (the only stealth weapon so far) and it can't kill enemies in one shot when fully charged up, which is annoying.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah but at the moment i don't really have any weapons or powers to make the most of the stealth. I have that one nail gun (the only stealth weapon so far) and it can't kill enemies in one shot when fully charged up, which is annoying.

I mainly used the knife, at first.

edit -  I also used this:

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I mainly used the knife, at first.

edit -  I also used this:

Ahh yeah I basically have a much weaker version of that gun. I've gotten to the 3rd level and haven't restarted a loop, so the enemies are actually pretty resilient. Im guessing ill hit a wall soon and have to restart, and then the game will start opening up more.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Ahh yeah I basically have a much weaker version of that gun. I've gotten to the 3rd level and haven't restarted a loop, so the enemies are actually pretty resilient. Im guessing ill hit a wall soon and have to restart, and then the game will start opening up more.

Are you able to infuse yet?

52 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Not yet.

Once you do that, you can infuse weapons, trinkets and skills you acquire. You’ll also be able to skip the part on the beach altogether. When you can infuse, I recommend getting the gun I linked you to. From there, get aether, then shift, then nexus (you’ll also get a sick gun from the visionary). What’s cool is that you’ll be able to mark a slab/quest objective, so you aren’t wandering aimlessly. Sometimes, you can bang out several objectives in one run. It will save you time. Just click another objective in that area, once you’ve completed your original one, the marker will shift towards the new one you select.  This only works if there’s an additional objective available in that area. That’s why I recommend taking turns between visionary and slab upgrade objectives. It creates the opportunity for completing the most goals in the least amount of time. 

• Upvote 1

Finished Halo Infinite. I enjoyed it.

The gameplay is the best it's ever been in Halo and the grappleshot is an absolutely awesome addition. The freedom you have during missions in the open world is awesome. Walking to a mission area, seeing the game wants you to kill two Hunters, and opting to go grab a Scorpion tank feels real good.

The open world side stuff is whatever. The gameplay is so good that I don't mind doing it to unlock upgrades through valor, high-value targets, and Spartan Cores, but none of the "content" on offer is worthy of praise individually. The abrupt end to the open world part of the game and having no way to take your valor/high-value target unlocks into the final missions is pretty shitty.

I never finished 4 and barely played 5, so I had no idea what the fuck was going on with the story. For the stuff that was self-contained (or at least seemed to be self-contained with my ignorance of 4/5) it was alright. Could not fucking stand the lip tech in this game, though; the Cortona stand-in and the pilot just always looked like they were in the middle of ripping some massive farts. It was so off-putting. :ben:

I definitely would have liked to see a really large scale battle or two, some more variety in the environments, but what was here I quite liked and am baffled that people think this isn't a massive improvement over the other 343 Halo games. Definitely not as good as Bungie's stuff and certainly not GOTY material, but I'm actually excited for more Halo for the first time in almost a decade.

7/10

13 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Finished Halo Infinite. I enjoyed it.

The gameplay is the best it's ever been in Halo and the grappleshot is an absolutely awesome addition. The freedom you have during missions in the open world is awesome. Walking to a mission area, seeing the game wants you to kill two Hunters, and opting to go grab a Scorpion tank feels real good.

The open world side stuff is whatever. The gameplay is so good that I don't mind doing it to unlock upgrades through valor, high-value targets, and Spartan Cores, but none of the "content" on offer is worthy of praise individually. The abrupt end to the open world part of the game and having no way to take your valor/high-value target unlocks into the final missions is pretty shitty.

I never finished 4 and barely played 5, so I had no idea what the fuck was going on with the story. For the stuff that was self-contained (or at least seemed to be self-contained with my ignorance of 4/5) it was alright. Could not fucking stand the lip tech in this game, though; the Cortona stand-in and the pilot just always looked like they were in the middle of ripping some massive farts. It was so off-putting. :ben:

I definitely would have liked to see a really large scale battle or two, some more variety in the environments, but what was here I quite liked and am baffled that people think this isn't a massive improvement over the other 343 Halo games. Definitely not as good as Bungie's stuff and certainly not GOTY material, but I'm actually excited for more Halo for the first time in almost a decade.

7/10

that’s a lot of praise for a 7/10 :ben: I actually don’t remember anything about halo 4 or 5, shit I’m pretty sure I skipped one of them and I can’t remember which :D but I was expecting Infinite to finally be the Halo that puts 343 on the same level as Bungie, and that’s definitely not the case. I just don’t understand how after 6 years they managed to create a game that has almost no unique content and just recycles the same environments and enemy encounters over and over again (especially noticeable towards the end). The core Halo gameplay has been around for 20 years, just doing that part well and fucking up pretty much everything else makes it a hard game to take seriously.

8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Once you do that, you can infuse weapons, trinkets and skills you acquire. You’ll also be able to skip the part on the beach altogether. When you can infuse, I recommend getting the gun I linked you to. From there, get aether, then shift, then nexus (you’ll also get a sick gun from the visionary). What’s cool is that you’ll be able to mark a slab/quest objective, so you aren’t wandering aimlessly. Sometimes, you can bang out several objectives in one run. It will save you time. Just click another objective in that area, once you’ve completed your original one, the marker will shift towards the new one you select.  This only works if there’s an additional objective available in that area. That’s why I recommend taking turns between visionary and slab upgrade objectives. It creates the opportunity for completing the most goals in the least amount of time. 

im not sure why you can only take one lead at once during a run (visionary or arsenal) that seems like it'll be an annoying limitation. 

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

im not sure why you can only take one lead at once during a run (visionary or arsenal) that seems like it'll be an annoying limitation. 

All visionaries are only available during a certain time of day (until you get closer to breaking the cycle). If you plan it right, you can kill multiple ones and complete multiple objectives, while building up your slab upgrades, in one daily cycle. 

18 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

All visionaries are only available during a certain time of day (until you get closer to breaking the cycle). If you plan it right, you can kill multiple ones and complete multiple objectives, while building up your slab upgrades, in one daily cycle. 

The whole structure is a lot to take in. I wonder if its possible to kill all the visionaries early on and basically finish the game without even acquiring most of the powers/weapons, or infusing anything? Or do they deliberately gate you from doing that until you've gone through a bunch of loops?