The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Tried Prey Mooncrash and while it has some neat ideas its got a lot of Roguelike/survival game elements that I find plain annoying and the reasons why I can't get into that type of game. In order for them to fit that format they also just straight up butcher some of the best stuff from the base game. For example, exploration is one of its strongest features but in Mooncrash they put an artificial timer on the runs so you can't poke around and explore too much or else the enemies will respawn and get stronger over time. Im sure people enjoyed that sense of urgency and if you're a fan of roguelikes there definitely seems to be a lot to like here, but im not really among them.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Tried Prey Mooncrash and while it has some neat ideas its got a lot of Roguelike/survival game elements that I find plain annoying and the reasons why I can't get into that type of game. In order for them to fit that format they also just straight up butcher some of the best stuff from the base game. For example, exploration is one of its strongest features but in Mooncrash they put an artificial timer on the runs so you can't poke around and explore too much or else the enemies will respawn and get stronger over time. Im sure people enjoyed that sense of urgency and if you're a fan of roguelikes there definitely seems to be a lot to like here, but im not really among them.

I hate timers!!!

20 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I hate timers!!!

Yeah I think the base game is great but the DLC leaves something to be desired so far. I definitely see the ideas within it that inspired Deathloop and that stuff probably does get more engaging as it all comes together later on, but the beginning is a bit rough.

38 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I bought Grime and its pretty damn cool so far. @Ramza you check it out yet?

Barely, I only played the demo. 

I started Ender Lilies and it's awesome so I'm going to stick to that.

11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

How’s the difficulty? It sounds brutal!

i’ve been close to dying numerous times but the difficulty is reasonable so far. It has an interesting mechanic where you absorb an enemy if you parry their attack and can then heal most of your life after doing that a few times in a row. I’ve been able to do that to save myself (the parry window for the beginning enemies is pretty generous).

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Barely, I only played the demo. 

I started Ender Lilies and it's awesome so I'm going to stick to that.

I ended up refunding Ender lilies. I liked the vibe of the game but the movement and combat was too floaty for my liking, it felt like there was no weight to any of your actions which made it unsatisfying to play.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I ended up refunding Ender lilies. I liked the vibe of the game but the movement and combat was too floaty for my liking, it felt like there was no weight to any of your actions which made it unsatisfying to play.

I'm surprise you say that.

I really like it so far. Yes it's true there's no weight to the character but the gameplay is still pretty smooth and responsive so I have no problem with that.

18 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Grime is legitimately one of the best Souls-like games i've played 2D or 3D. So many neat mechanics in this game and it just feels good to play.

Ender Lilies bosses are painful. You pretty much die if you receive a hit and aren't %100 full health. :scared: 

The patterns aren't hard to learn but I don't have a lot of patience these days.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Ender Lilies bosses are painful. You pretty much die if you receive a hit and aren't %100 full health. :scared: 

The patterns aren't hard to learn but I don't have a lot of patience these days.

That comes back to the issues I had with the its control and feel. The game tries to be difficult and unforgiving except the controls aren't responsive and tight enough to match that so It comes off as annoying more than anything else.

23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That comes back to the issues I had with the its control and feel. The game tries to be difficult and unforgiving except the controls aren't responsive and tight enough to match that so It comes off as annoying more than anything else.

It is responsive you don't like how it feels. It's not quite the same. The dodge works really well, tons of invincibility frames and can cancel any animations. 

Whatever, like I said, I just don't have much patience anymore, I'm drowning in homework, I've got better things to do than getting stuck on a boss in a video game.

ugh, im pretty sure I just ran into a game breaking bug in Grime. Im stuck in a part of the game where a platform im supposed to move isn't behaving correctly so I can't progress to the next area. Oddly enough I looked up a walkthrough and the level layout is actually different in the walkthrough than in the version of the game im playing :| I wonder if im somehow playing an older build thats bugged or something. Very frustrating as I was really having a good time with the game.

• Sad 1
25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

ugh, im pretty sure I just ran into a game breaking bug in Grime. Im stuck in a part of the game where a platform im supposed to move isn't behaving correctly so I can't progress to the next area. Oddly enough I looked up a walkthrough and the level layout is actually different in the walkthrough than in the version of the game im playing :| I wonder if im somehow playing an older build thats bugged or something. Very frustrating as I was really having a good time with the game.

That blows!!!

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

That blows!!!

I was able to get past that part with enough fiddling. But im really not sure why the level design is a bit different in my build. I think I remember reading something about an outdated build of an indie game was accidentally released on the EGS store. Thats where I bought Grime, so maybe this has a similar issue. I guess that might be a risk of buying something on EGS, there's probably not as much effort into making sure the latest builds are properly uploaded and managed on it compared to steam.

I'm playing a RPG that resemble old classic Fallout games called Encased and it's fucking amazing. The attention to details is phenomenal, just about anything you do has some sort of impact or consequence and they are always a dozen different possibilities on how you want to approach a situation. 

I think I found my next RPG obsession. :juggle: 

• Upvote 1

540/559 cars in Horizon 5. :juggle:

11 are purchasable (only 25.4 million to buy them all :happysad:) and another 5 are available in the current series. I missed out on the Aventador SVJ so I imagine that will be the car that cockblocks me from collecting all the cars for awhile.

• dead 1
12 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

540/559 cars in Horizon 5. :juggle:

11 are purchasable (only 25.4 million to buy them all :happysad:) and another 5 are available in the current series. I missed out on the Aventador SVJ so I imagine that will be the car that cockblocks me from collecting all the cars for awhile.

Holy shit! It went from me (fh2) to remij (fh3/4) to now you (fh5)…as the FH master! 

On 2022-01-09 at 8:04 AM, -GD-X said:

Finished It Takes Two. That was beyond epic! 

On 2022-01-09 at 5:12 PM, madmaltese said:

as @-GD-X said, we finished It Takes Two. Superb game, a level of variety and imaginative design that I have never seen before. Easily my GOTY from last year.

On 2022-01-09 at 6:46 PM, -GD-X said:

Yeah, easily the GOTY winner! 

One of the greatest games ever made imo. 

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1