The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Just copped Triangle Strategy off Twinblades review. I was always going to get it but I decided to get it early.

if there’s one genre I can say I’m a snob in, it’s strategy rpgs. I’m going to compare this very closely tactics ogre, final fantasy tactics which I consider the holy grail of strategy rpgs.

• aitch 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Delita said:

Just copped Triangle Strategy off Twinblades review. I was always going to get it but I decided to get it early.

if there’s one genre I can say I’m a snob in, it’s strategy rpgs. I’m going to compare this very closely tactics ogre, final fantasy tactics which I consider the holy grail of strategy rpgs.

You will definitely enjoy it. If you want to try and get the perfect ending, then you’ll want to look up a guide after the first few chapters. You’ll have to make specific choices to get on that path.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

You will definitely enjoy it. If you want to try and get the perfect ending, then you’ll want to look up a guide after the first few chapters. You’ll have to make specific choices to get on that path.

How long did you say the game was? I’m planning on doing all the side content and not just a main quest play through 

10 minutes ago, Delita said:

How long did you say the game was? I’m planning on doing all the side content and not just a main quest play through 

Well there's not really much side content in the traditional sense. Depending on how you play the game you'll unlock skits with some of the characters that flesh out their background. There's also mock battles, which are basically just optional battles you can grind out that get unlocked as you progress through the story. I did each battle once (the game isn't difficult enough that you need to grind) and went through every skit I was unlocking, and it took me 37 hours. The game probably has twice as much content as that but there's only so much you can do in a single playthrough given the branching nature of the story.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Well there's not really much side content in the traditional sense. Depending on how you play the game you'll unlock skits with some of the characters that flesh out their background. There's also mock battles, which are basically just optional battles you can grind out that get unlocked as you progress through the story. I did each battle once (the game isn't difficult enough that you need to grind) and went through every skit I was unlocking, and it took me 37 hours. The game probably has twice as much content as that but there's only so much you can do in a single playthrough given the branching nature of the story.

I was hoping when they introduced side stories at the start, that not all of them would be just skits like I’ve been seeing so far. Seems that’s the case which is disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah. I enjoyed them all equally, they each have their own unique ideas and gameplay.

Yeah, I’m glad you mentioned the game itt. I kept forgetting about it. It definitely has that Nintendo charm. 

Finished Kirby. The last 2/3rds are fantastic and the last 1/3rd is epic, especially the final stretch. This felt way more grand, and even cinematic, than I was expecting. The side stuff is also a blast. I need to go back and find some of the hidden items in the main quests. The level design is top tier, especially when it comes to uncovering secrets and diversifying its platforming mechanics. It’s easily the best Kirby game, by far! 9/10

@Goukosan get this! 

30 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Finished Kirby. The last 2/3rds are fantastic and the last 1/3rd is epic, especially the final stretch. This felt way more grand, and even cinematic, than I was expecting. The side stuff is also a blast. I need to go back and find some of the hidden items in the main quests. The level design is top tier, especially when it comes to uncovering secrets and diversifying its platforming mechanics. It’s easily the best Kirby game, by far! 9/10

@Goukosan get this! 

Damn that was quick :ben: but yeah its a great game. I honestly didn't even care for Kirby as a whole, but this one is a really good 3D platformer that can go toe to toe with 3D Mario.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Damn that was quick :ben: but yeah its a great game. I honestly didn't even care for Kirby as a whole, but this one is a really good 3D platformer that can go toe to toe with 3D Mario.

Yeah, I got hooked lol. I played it all afternoon/evening. And yeah, it’s easily up there with the 3D Mario games. I haven’t loved a Kirby game since Canvas Curse, which was a brilliantly designed game. 

I’m really suppose to believe 

Spoiler

Roland

Is dead in Triangle strategy? :ben:  After so many other points where he was facing death in the story, him just being discovered randomly dead is what the game is expects me to accept. :ben: 

edit: well my dumbass should have waited for the start of the next chapter :trump2:

Edited by Delita
  • Haha 1