The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I finished Eternal Starlight VR on easy, the campaign is way too short, I was expecting a new game +, it would be perfect for it. You get to keep a few things from your last run but not much. 

It's not like I unlocked or saw everything in that one run so there's still some replay value here. Still ended sooner than I wished though. 

If you can get it on sale like I did it's still worth checking out though.

8/10

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I finished Eternal Starlight VR on easy, the campaign is way too short, I was expecting a new game +, it would be perfect for it. You get to keep a few things from your last run but not much. 

It's not like I unlocked or saw everything in that one run so there's still some replay value here. Still ended sooner than I wished though. 

If you can get it on sale like I did it's still worth checking out though.

8/10

Don't judge me but I ended up refunding Walking Dead :mjcry: I could tell it was a well made game but even short sessions would make me feel woozy and nauseous.

I remembered that there was a I Expect You to Die 2, Ill probably grab that soon. I liked the first game a lot and it seems like it would be much easier to play through without feeling sick.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Don't judge me but I ended up refunding Walking Dead :mjcry: I could tell it was a well made game but even short sessions would make me feel woozy and nauseous.

I remembered that there was a I Expect You to Die 2, Ill probably grab that soon. I liked the first game a lot and it seems like it would be much easier to play through without feeling sick.

It's ok, you seem to have a real problem overcoming that VR phase. Some people are like that, unfortunately.

I expect you to die is exactly the type of VR games you should focus on first. My friend played part 2 and he said it's also really funny and good. 

Eternal Starlight is also a type of experience that can't make you feel nauseous, except maybe if you turn the camera too fast, even then, you're still standing in place, it's the movement that is usually problematic. 

I should make a list of games that are ''VR noobs friendly'', games where it's basically impossible to get motion sickness.  

• Upvote 1

@Twinblade

Good VR games with no motion sickness inducing gameplay

Demeo - Tabletop RPG

Moss - adventure/puzzle

Superhot VR - action

Beat Saber - music game

Synth Riders - music game

I Expect You To Die 1 -2 - puzzle

Statik - puzzle

Shooty Fruit - wave shooter

Carly and the Reaperman - coop platformer

Operation Warcade VR - arcade lightgun game

Yuki - bullet hell shmup

The Rabbit Hole - adventure/puzzle

Those games might be a bit rougher but usually still beginner friendly:

Astro Bot Rescue Mission - platformer

Lucky's Tale - platformer 

Eternal Starlight VR - RTS

Final Assault - RTS

Pistolwhip - music game

Operencia: The Stolen Sun - dungeon crawler RPG 

Teleportation friendly games where it doesn't impact the gameplay or is designed around it:

Red Matter - puzzle

The Room VR - puzzle

Until You Fall - roguelike action RPG

Transpose - puzzle

There's more but that's all I can think of for now. I might update the list later on. 

• Like 2
Just now, Remij said:

I still have to play The Room VR.  I've had it on my wishlist for a while now.  Gonna have to change that. B) 

It's a pretty standard puzzle game if I am to be perfectly honest. It's solid but nothing special, imo. Get it on sale only.

I'm not strongly recommending all the games in that list by the way. None are what I would consider a bad game but it might not be for everyone necessarily. I played them all so feel free to ask. 

Just now, Ramza said:

It's a pretty standard puzzle game if I am to be perfectly honest. It's solid but nothing special, imo. Get it on sale only.

I'm not strongly recommending all the games in that list by the way. None are what I would consider a bad game but it might not be for everyone necessarily. I played them all so feel free to ask. 

Yea, I mean I know pretty much what to expect.  I've played all the other ROOM games.. so I'll be good.

One thing I didn't know what that Operencia had a VR mode.  I was always interested in trying that game out one way or another, but would you suggest playing in VR when I do?

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, I mean I know pretty much what to expect.  I've played all the other ROOM games.. so I'll be good.

One thing I didn't know what that Operencia had a VR mode.  I was always interested in trying that game out one way or another, but would you suggest playing in VR when I do?

You'll enjoy The Room then. 

I can't say VR adds a lot to the experience in Operencia. You can more easily see hidden secrets but that's about it, otherwise it's as straight forward as it gets as far as VR implementation goes, it's the same game, same controls but in VR. It improves the immersion but also create a few minor issues. It's still my favorite way of playing the game but keep your expectations in check. 

Still a good game though if you are in the mood for some old school dungeon crawlers like that, I liked it. Also be warned, it's no walk in the park, it gets very challenging later in the game.

• Like 1

Superhot VR is still the GOAT VR game :lawd: Whenever I have family/friends over, I have them try it and they all come away blown away by it. Its the perfect showcase for the hardware and is actually really friendly to people who aren't accustomed to VR.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Remij said:

I think that was the last VR game I played before I took a break from it. Its pretty much the same as the mobile Room games but the VR aspect does add to making it a trippy experience, especially with the way it changes scale and perspective as you interact with the puzzle objects.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Superhot VR is still the GOAT VR game :lawd: Whenever I have family/friends over, I have them try it and they all come away blown away by it. Its the perfect showcase for the hardware and is actually really friendly to people who aren't accustomed to VR.

I'm baffled as to why they never followed up with a sequel or at least some new content. It's one of the most popular VR game still to this day. lol

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

23 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm baffled as to why they never followed up with a sequel or at least some new content. It's one of the most popular VR game still to this day. lol

Yeah it's the perfect intro to VR imo.  

It IS a damn shame they haven't done anything else with it yet, because you can imagine all the cool shit they could do with a sequel.  There's still SO much potential there.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

I still have to play The Room VR.  I've had it on my wishlist for a while now.  Gonna have to change that. B) 

A buddy of mine said it’s like an hour long and dumbed down. 

16 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

A buddy of mine said it’s like an hour long and dumbed down. 

Really?  It's THAT short?  And that's not encouraging to hear that it's dumbed down.. the originals weren't exactly super challenging either.

Guess I'll wait for a deep deep sale then.  I still want to play it though, because I do love that series, even with all it's faults.

7 hours ago, Remij said:

Really?  It's THAT short?  And that's not encouraging to hear that it's dumbed down.. the originals weren't exactly super challenging either.

Guess I'll wait for a deep deep sale then.  I still want to play it though, because I do love that series, even with all it's faults.

The originals owned! The atmosphere :wow2:. I’d say the franchise peaked with 2.

Finished Dying Light 2. Good game. Just main lined it though but the gameplay is great. Would've really dug into more if I had played it when I didnt have open world fatigue.

Started Trek To Yomi. Super basic but it is so linear and simple that it's a fun little game to play in between larger ones atm. 

Thinking I may finally get Returnal and dive into that soon. 

11 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Dying Light 2. Good game. Just main lined it though but the gameplay is great. Would've really dug into more if I had played it when I didnt have open world fatigue.

Started Trek To Yomi. Super basic but it is so linear and simple that it's a fun little game to play in between larger ones atm. 

Thinking I may finally get Returnal and dive into that soon. 

Even though its open world the linear missions were actually pretty well done. Especially the one where you climb the tower. The parkour really shines during those moments.

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Even though its open world the linear missions were actually pretty well done. Especially the one where you climb the tower. The parkour really shines during those moments.

Yeah can definitely play the game in a more linear fashion and it also has many cutscenes and narrative moments even though I don't think the story is great. The parkour is superb. Easily best first person parkour type game around.