The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

49 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

No way!!! Then again, I hear No Man’s Sky  is pretty great now, after all of the updates. 

yeah they’ve done a lot of good work on it apparently and it’s still very popular, which explains why they can experiment with other games like The Last Campfire. I would definitely like to see an expanded sequel to it eventually, with more puzzles, more areas, etc.

• Like 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yeah they’ve done a lot of good work on it apparently and it’s still very popular, which explains why they can experiment with other games like The Last Campfire. I would definitely like to see an expanded sequel to it eventually, with more puzzles, more areas, etc.

Yasss! I would love to see a 15-ish hour campaign by them. They are clearly talented devs. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

hmm it has some potential but looks more like a generic action shooter than a old school horror game if ill be honest.

I mean the resources are supposed to be scarce with limited inventory and such. Not so much the gameplay, reminds me more of RE Village... but in a good way. haha

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I mean the resources are supposed to be scarce with limited inventory and such. Not so much the gameplay, reminds me more of RE Village... but in a good way. haha

I need to see more and of it and also hear impressions from players when it releases. Its supposedly made by 2 people but somehow has 15-30 hours of gameplay, which is a pretty big red flag for me.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Observer is really not what I expected and I don't mean that in a good way. The game starts off as this really slick cyberpunk detective experience but then you realize that exploring the apartment and investigating the different areas is such a small part of the game. At least half of the game is made up of these hallucinogenic set pieces that just dump a bunch of audio/visual noise and room altering scenes that get old fast and just come off as annoying.

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The Observer is really not what I expected and I don't mean that in a good way. The game starts off as this really slick cyberpunk detective experience but then you realize that exploring the apartment and investigating the different areas is such a small part of the game. At least half of the game is made up of these hallucinogenic set pieces that just dump a bunch of audio/visual noise and room altering scenes that get old fast and just come off as annoying.

All out of PS bangers to play? :wonder: 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I haven't touched my PS5 in like 2 months. I've been playing mostly indie games on PC.

That said the best platform this year has been the switch, so you lose either way :wow2:

:lawl: 

Thanks for the laugh.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I need to give it another shot. How awesome is the combat? So good! 

The gunplay is ridiculously good. Housemarque have always been the gameplay kings but I'm stunned at how well they transitioned to 3d 3rd person combat. It is up there with the very very best if not the best.

The game however is bloody brutal. Still haven't beat the first boss and having to restart some runs can be majorly demoralising because next to nothing carries over. Just gotta get gud I guess lol

4 hours ago, madmaltese said:

The gunplay is ridiculously good. Housemarque have always been the gameplay kings but I'm stunned at how well they transitioned to 3d 3rd person combat. It is up there with the very very best if not the best.

The game however is bloody brutal. Still haven't beat the first boss and having to restart some runs can be majorly demoralising because next to nothing carries over. Just gotta get gud I guess lol

Yeah, it’s hard af! 

On 2022-06-04 at 2:12 AM, Twinblade said:

nah, not sure how far you are but the game is short in general and the investigation stuff is a good 50% of the game. It's one of my absolute fav games ever.

I know what you mean, i talked to many about the section you mentioned and its basically a horrid part of the game and made people stop playing but it's only a small part, after that it will be a few but super fair hide and seek sections. I actually think it's the only game that ever did this kind of gameplay right because they are very few sections like this but very spread out, and if you fail you immediately get another chance. 

I can't blame you for hating this part. I'm 100% sure you mean the 

Spoiler

second - log into/connected to the corpse outside in the small shop. I remember I was drunk when I played that section for the first time (replayed the game once) and it's a really dumb section because the altering of the way makes no sense, its basically trail and error and the entire time you those kids laughing and then a baby crying plus the visual effects. people said it gave them nausea and shit and it was so bad i spent like 15min running around until i stopped. played the next day and looked up a youtube video beforehand to know exactly where to go.

the first connection to (pablo) i think was his name, the room altering made sense. but after the second time there is no more of that shite like i said, then some other stuff comes up, so I think you judge the game too harshly just now. You will go back to investigation stuff again.  

ALSO there was a bug that didn't let me continue once, i had to reload my save. this section is just ass, don't judge the entire game because of it. There are some side ones too, one was fucking amazing. would like to know if you did that after you finished the game.

but yea I think the game is just brilliant and besides the flaws in that section it's such a unique experience. It's seven and bladerunner to me lol  :ben: 

also Rutger Hauer what a fucking legend. RIP

I really like bloober team, they are very talented. observer is definitely on par with soma for me even though it's very different.

I played almost every game of them and layers of fear 2 and observer are insanely good.

the others are ok,  I actually even enjoyed the blair witch, it had some funny moments :ben: 

Edited by kaz
8 hours ago, kaz said:

nah, not sure how far you are but the game is short in general and the investigation stuff is a good 50% of the game. It's one of my absolute fav games ever.

I know what you mean, i talked to many about the section you mentioned and its basically a horrid part of the game and made people stop playing but it's only a small part, after that it will be a few but super fair hide and seek sections. I actually think it's the only game that ever did this kind of gameplay right because they are very few sections like this but very spread out, and if you fail you immediately get another chance. 

I can't blame you for hating this part. I'm 100% sure you mean the 

Reveal hidden contents

second - log into/connected to the corpse outside in the small shop. I remember I was drunk when I played that section for the first time (replayed the game once) and it's a really dumb section because the altering of the way makes no sense, its basically trail and error and the entire time you those kids laughing and then a baby crying plus the visual effects. people said it gave them nausea and shit and it was so bad i spent like 15min running around until i stopped. played the next day and looked up a youtube video beforehand to know exactly where to go.

the first connection to (pablo) i think was his name, the room altering made sense. but after the second time there is no more of that shite like i said, then some other stuff comes up, so I think you judge the game too harshly just now. You will go back to investigation stuff again.  

ALSO there was a bug that didn't let me continue once, i had to reload my save. this section is just ass, don't judge the entire game because of it. There are some side ones too, one was fucking amazing. would like to know if you did that after you finished the game.

but yea I think the game is just brilliant and besides the flaws in that section it's such a unique experience. It's seven and bladerunner to me lol  :ben: 

also Rutger Hauer what a fucking legend. RIP

I really like bloober team, they are very talented. observer is definitely on par with soma for me even though it's very different.

I played almost every game of them and layers of fear 2 and observer are insanely good.

the others are ok,  I actually even enjoyed the blair witch, it had some funny moments :ben: 

Eh I just dislike pretty much ever section that has me plugging into someone's mind, which is a significant part of the game. To make matters worse they decide to throw shitty stealth sections into the mix for no reason whatsoever.

The Medium had issues but that was a better game than what i've played of Observer. I haven't played their other games but I don't have much confidence in the new Silent Hill if its developed by Bloober.

• Ben 1
14 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Eh I just dislike pretty much ever section that has me plugging into someone's mind, which is a significant part of the game. To make matters worse they decide to throw shitty stealth sections into the mix for no reason whatsoever.

The Medium had issues but that was a better game than what i've played of Observer. I haven't played their other games but I don't have much confidence in the new Silent Hill if its developed by Bloober.

Damn, let me start by saying I'm sad you don't like the game as much as  I do but it's also kinda cool that we agree on so many things but this one isn't one of them. Preferences and all, it's all good. I just hope you still got the strength to finish the game. 

I mentioned the stealth sections you call it, for me it's typical hide and seek in a way and they are so few and spread out. I actually really enjoyed them, it's the only game that ever did it right, because it's not constant danger like in amnesia or let's say alien isolation, i absolutely don't like that gameplay. :ben:  that's where we both have very different opinions i think since I know you liked alien. 

Spoiler

Also what I did in observer was always run to the "threat" first and look what happens, since it immediately respawns you at the beginning of the set piece.

Didn't play the medium yet but the double screen gimmick looks stupid to me and about silent hill idk what to say I wish they'd just leave it alone entirely but I'm not mad that bloober makes it, I really love those guys. Bloober and Frictional :aitch: 

oh also since I played all the other bloober games: I really enjoyed layers of fear 2 as well. It's such a sad game, it kinda reminded me of plague tale in a way. just saying if you ever try the other ones

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
On 2022-06-06 at 6:02 PM, madmaltese said:

Got to the second biome in Returnal

Wait till you get to the 3rd :ben:  don’t let any success in the first 2 biomes give you too much confidence just yet.

I just realized Am I the only one who ever beat the game here? It seems most people either didn’t play it or gave up pretty quickly like GD.

Either way enjoy. I think it’s the best 3rd person shooter I ever played. 

3 hours ago, Delita said:

Wait till you get to the 3rd :ben:  don’t let any success in the first 2 biomes give you too much confidence just yet.

I just realized Am I the only one who ever beat the game here? It seems most people either didn’t play it or gave up pretty quickly like GD.

Either way enjoy. I think it’s the best 3rd person shooter I ever played. 

i think ike beat it. a bunch of peeps on discord did too.

• Upvote 1