The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

So yeah Biome 6 might be it for me. I can make absolutely no head way. Only gotten to the boss once and didnt even make it past first health bar. The time it takes to get to it in a decent shape to even have a chance is heaps long too. It's definitely crossing the line into frustration now especially cause you really do need the perfect artifiacts, weapons, etc and timing of them showing up to really have a meaningful run

Game is so close to being a legit 10/10 but it's missing small thing that could've made big changes. There needs to be small things that help you improve from run to run. Something that feels like any kind of progress. Not just have like multiple sessions and hours feel like a total failure unless you beat the boss. It's what makes Hades the perfect blend of gameplay + roguelike mechanics. This has the 10/10 gameplay but lacks what makes Rogue Legacy and Hades what they are. 

The bigger frustration of it all is that it is pretty heavy story based too and to hide the entire mystery behind such a massive difficulty curve with little to no means of improvement is annoying. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

9 hours ago, madmaltese said:

So yeah Biome 6 might be it for me. I can make absolutely no head way. Only gotten to the boss once and didnt even make it past first health bar. The time it takes to get to it in a decent shape to even have a chance is heaps long too. It's definitely crossing the line into frustration now especially cause you really do need the perfect artifiacts, weapons, etc and timing of them showing up to really have a meaningful run

Game is so close to being a legit 10/10 but it's missing small thing that could've made big changes. There needs to be small things that help you improve from run to run. Something that feels like any kind of progress. Not just have like multiple sessions and hours feel like a total failure unless you beat the boss. It's what makes Hades the perfect blend of gameplay + roguelike mechanics. This has the 10/10 gameplay but lacks what makes Rogue Legacy and Hades what they are. 

The bigger frustration of it all is that it is pretty heavy story based too and to hide the entire mystery behind such a massive difficulty curve with little to no means of improvement is annoying. 

Yeah this sounds like everything I dislike about the average roguelike amplified to the 100th degree. I've always been on the fence about this game but I think im gonna skip it for now.

I didn't find out until recently that there was a Supraland sequel, Supraland: Six inches Under.  I bought it right away and am enjoying it quite a bit. These games are just so chill. You explore and solve Zelda/Portal inspired puzzles in a series of open ended environments and thats pretty much all there is to it

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I didn't find out until recently that there was a Supraland sequel, Supraland: Six inches Under.  I bought it right away and am enjoying it quite a bit. These games are just so chill. You explore and solve Zelda/Portal inspired puzzles in a series of open ended environments and thats pretty much all there is to it

I should check out the first one. 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

So yeah, on to new games now. 

Started TMNT which is amazing and now finally after waiting and waiting I have now begun Cyberpunk. Played about an hour or so and it's great so far. 

CP77’s setting one of the best. Just turn off all your HUD and explore dude. So fun just to explore and find weird shit. Hell, you can easily spend 30-45 minutes just watching the in-game tv shows. :D 

• Like 1

Finished my 2nd playthrough of The Quarry. There were some differences but most were pretty minor overall. I ended up making completely different choices and actually killed off more characters than on my original playthrough :D The ending seems to be mostly the same regardless of the choices you make so thats a bit of a bummer.

I would probably give it a 3rd playthrough but the fact that you can't skip the cutscenes is a deal breaker. I knew exactly where to go and what to do in my 2nd playthrough and it still took me over 7 hours because of all the scenes you have to re-watch.

Its a solid game overall, probably a 8/10 me but definitely doesn't reach the highs of Until Dawn.

edit: David Arquette's character has almost no screen time despite headlining the cast in the marketing, so that was a bit of a disappointment.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Finished my 2nd playthrough of The Quarry. There were some differences but most were pretty minor overall. I ended up making completely different choices and actually killed off more characters than on my original playthrough :D The ending seems to be mostly the same regardless of the choices you make so thats a bit of a bummer.

I would probably give it a 3rd playthrough but the fact that you can't skip the cutscenes is a deal breaker. I knew exactly where to go and what to do in my 2nd playthrough and it still took me over 7 hours because of all the scenes you have to re-watch.

Its a solid game overall, probably a 8/10 me but definitely doesn't reach the highs of Until Dawn.

Great review. I’ll nab it when it’s on sale. 

• Upvote 1
On 2022-06-20 at 7:11 AM, Ike said:

CP77’s setting one of the best. Just turn off all your HUD and explore dude. So fun just to explore and find weird shit. Hell, you can easily spend 30-45 minutes just watching the in-game tv shows. :D 

yea I did that on release. when I first entered my flat I just kinda role played for a moment and sat down turned on TV and then sit there watching everything for over an hour :D  the commercials are GODlike :bow: 

• Upvote 1
On 2022-06-19 at 11:42 PM, madmaltese said:

So yeah, on to new games now. 

Started TMNT which is amazing and now finally after waiting and waiting I have now begun Cyberpunk. Played about an hour or so and it's great so far. 

TMNT is fantastic, the gameplay is super smooth, easy to pick up but hard to master. It's the perfect arcade coop beat em up. I got the chance to play it with two other of my friends and that seriously brought me back to the golden age of couch coop. I felt like a kid again for real, it's rare a game that try to emulate that time period actually does it for me in term of nostalgic feelings. Love it. 

Wish it had cross play (bought it on PC). 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

TMNT is fantastic, the gameplay is super smooth, easy to pick up but hard to master. It's the perfect arcade coop beat em up. I got the chance to play it with two other of my friends and that seriously brought me back to the golden age of couch coop. I felt like a kid again for real, it's rare a game that try to emulate that time period actually does it for me in term of nostalgic feelings. Love it. 

Wish it had cross play (bought it on PC). 

Yea I love it!

I like how you can just easily hop into a game with randos and drop out.

The only thing I wish was that there was at least one other type of "level"..  You know outside of the traditional combat levels, and the hoverboard levels.. I would have liked to have seen them throw in at least one other type for just a bit more variety, or special stages.

Something maybe like a "Super Hang On" style level where you're in the Turtle Van driving through the city and blasting vehicles full of Foot Clan enemies and then face off against a flying Baxter Stockman.  Or a "Contra" style level where you've got to scale up the Empire State Building as it scrolls up, throwing enemies off and then having a boss up at the top.

Something like that would have made it perfect.. but I mean as it is, it's already completely amazing and I'm stunned that they did such an incredible job with it.  The style is perfect.. and it feels great to play.  It's a 9/10 for me personally.  I love it. :love: 

Edited by Remij
  • Upvote 1
20 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

It would be fun to get into a coop or squad party game on Steam. I haven't used voice chat on Steam Deck yet.

Send me your steam id so I can send you an invite. You'll recognize my avatar from SW. I'm pretty much on steam 24/7, I don't play much multiplayer games in general though but it happens, I got Chivalry 2 and TMNT:SR installed and willing to play either of them.