The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

found my old cod 4 modern warfare case and just installed the game. I had no idea there are so many running servers here still holy shit. played a couple rounds :D

the only cod i ever played

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

So I played Chivalry 2 for almost 50 hours this past 7 days. :ben:

When there's barely any time left on the timer and this song plays. :aitch: I swear to god everyone starts playing 10x more fiercely. Almost all of my craziest killing sprees also happened when that song kicked in. What glorious carnage. 

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

So I played Chivalry 2 for almost 50 hours this past 7 days. :ben:

When there's barely any time left on the timer and this song plays. :aitch: I swear to god everyone starts playing 10x more fiercely. Almost all of my craziest killing sprees also happened when that song kicked in. What glorious carnage. 

I fell off of the game pretty quickly. It was fun in short bursts, but it just didn't have the novelty of the first game (which was amazing for its time). I also feel like it lacked quite a bit of content at launch, I was getting the same few maps over and over again. Maybe the content situation is better now though.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I fell off of the game pretty quickly. It was fun in short bursts, but it just didn't have the novelty of the first game (which was amazing for its time). I also feel like it lacked quite a bit of content at launch, I was getting the same few maps over and over again. Maybe the content situation is better now though.

I never played the first game. 

They added a new expansion of sort for free, basically it's a new series of maps and a new faction. I'm almost always playing vanilla though and yeah, the maps rotation in team objective is too limited so you end up in the same maps very often. They're great, I love all the maps but there could have been more of them for sure. Just two or three more long sieges maps would have been appreciated but I guess that's what the expansion is for.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I never played the first game. 

They added a new expansion of sort for free, basically it's a new series of maps and a new faction. I'm almost always playing vanilla though and yeah, the maps rotation in team objective is too limited so you end up in the same maps very often. They're great, I love all the maps but there could have been more of them for sure. Just two or three more long sieges maps would have been appreciated but I guess that's what the expansion is for.

I think some things in the first game are just better designed. For example, there's a lot more cosmetic items in 2 but the first game's progression system was based around unlocking all of the different weapons you could use. I found that to be more rewarding so thats probably also part of the reason why I preferred it.

I might reinstall this to check out the new content though.

36 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think some things in the first game are just better designed. For example, there's a lot more cosmetic items in 2 but the first game's progression system was based around unlocking all of the different weapons you could use. I found that to be more rewarding so thats probably also part of the reason why I preferred it.

I might reinstall this to check out the new content though.

Huh, you still unlock tons of weapons and sub classes. You need to bring every class to level 20 if you want the full arsenal and I'm almost done with one class (raider lvl 19). You're looking at a lot of hours just to unlock everything and I'm generally really good. I find the progression a tad too slow actually. Almost all the best weapons are unlocked at high levels, great swords, highlander sword, war bow, etc. 

There's a shit of different playstyle here, you change the weapon loadout in game so maybe that's why you missed it. I don't think you can from the main menu, just the cosmetics like you mentioned.

Just now, Ramza said:

Huh, you still unlock tons of weapons and sub classes. You need to bring every class to level 20 if you want the full arsenal and I'm almost done with one class (raider lvl 19). You're looking at a lot of hours just to unlock everything and I'm generally really good. I find the progression a tad too slow actually. Almost all the best weapons are unlocked at high levels, great swords, highlander sword, war bow, etc. 

There's a shit of different playstyle here, you change the weapon loadout in game so maybe that's why you missed it. I don't think you can from the main menu, just the cosmetics like you mentioned.

I must be misremembering. I know there's a ton of weapons that are just different skins and not that different from the base ones.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I must be misremembering. I know there's a ton of weapons that are just different skins and not that different from the base ones.

There's more than enough weapons in the game and yes there are skins which changes nothing but here's a list the unique weapon types you can use. I took that from an old tier list so it might not even be complete. In fact, it's missing the highlander sword and all the range weapons, javelins, bows, war bows, crossbows, throwing daggers and throwing axes. The expansion also added jousting style lances on horsebacks. 

I can't even think of another weapon from medieval Europe that they could have added in. 

• Messer
  • One-Handed Sword
  • Longsword
  • Halberd
  • Polehammer
  • Short Sword
  • Warhammer
  • Dane Axe
  • Pole Axe
  • Greatsword
  • Maul
  • Shovel
  • Battle Axe
  • War Axe
  • Glaive
  • One-Handed Axe
  • Falchion
  • War Club
  • Morning Star
  • One-Handed Mace
  • Two-Handed Hammer
  • Two-Handed Mace
  • Dagger
  • Two-Handed Spear
  • Pickaxe
  • One-Handed Spear
  • Hatchet
  • Executioner Axe
  • Cudgel
  • Sledgehammer
  • Knife
  • Upvote 2

@-GD-X You will like Escape Academy. Im a few rooms in and while the puzzle solutions are sometimes pretty straightforward, the rooms are fun to explore and solve. The only disappointment is that they don't make much use of the school setting. I thought it would be more Persona-esque in that regard, but that aspect of the game is pretty barebones and there's very practically no character development or storytelling.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

@-GD-X You will like Escape Academy. Im a few rooms in and while the puzzle solutions are sometimes pretty straightforward, the rooms are fun to explore and solve. The only disappointment is that they don't make much use of the school setting. I thought it would be more Persona-esque in that regard, but that aspect of the game is pretty barebones and there's very practically no character development or storytelling.

Free on GP, right? 

I finished Escape Academy. Its pretty short, about 5-6 hours long at most maybe 7 for people who have trouble with some of the puzzles. There are some tricky ones especially later on that i thought were pretty clever and fun to figure out. However I think the storytelling and setting is very much wasted potential. The idea of an escape academy where the best escapists and puzzle solvers congregate is pretty interesting, but they do nothing with it. Going into it expecting nothing more than a series of puzzle rooms is probably the best way to enjoy it.

• Upvote 1

Got quite a few things going right now actually.

• Stray - I don't imagine this will take too long.  Will completely knock it out this weekend.
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X emulated - playing through this and surprised at how quickly it's going.  Even after all these years I still remember this game pretty well.
  • Forza Horizon 5 - downloaded the Hot Wheels DLC.  It's very good.  Classic feel, and just having fun doing races and completing the campaign.
  • The Legend of Bumbo - I just love playing this game, and it recently got a patch which added some stuff.. currently getting all the endings for achievements.
  • Sonic Origins - Making my way through the games bit by bit.
  • TMNT: Shredder's Revenge - jumping in and out of online games to play around.  Working on finishing with all characters.

The last 4 games are nice in that I can just jump on play for 15-20 min and do a race, or a level or whatever, and work through them.

Edited by Remij
  • Upvote 2
28 minutes ago, Remij said:

Got quite a few things going right now actually.

• Stray - I don't imagine this will take too long.  Will completely knock it out this weekend.
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X emulated - playing through this and surprised at how quickly it's going.  Even after all these years I still remember this game pretty well.
  • Forza Horizon 5 - downloaded the Hot Wheels DLC.  It's very good.  Classic feel, and just having fun doing races and completing the campaign.
  • The Legend of Bumbo - I just love playing this game, and it recently got a patch which added some stuff.. currently getting all the endings for achievements.
  • Sonic Origins - Making my way through the games bit by bit.
  • TMNT: Shredder's Revenge - jumping in and out of online games to play around.  Working on finishing with all characters.

The last 4 games are nice in that I can just jump on play for 15-20 min and do a race, or a level or whatever, and work through them.

O damn. I didn’t know hot wheels had dropped! 

@kaz Squad is a pretty fun game. I've been joining the servers that are labeled as noob/new player friendly and the community is pretty chill. These dudes are funny too, this one squad leader convinced us that we're just gonna go straight into their main base and take the enemy on that way, so he drives a slow ass truck towards it and all 8 of us get destroyed by a BMP at once :D Its not really a sandbox like BF is but you still get some fun moments like that.

Played some more Stray a bit earlier.  We're gonna jump back on in a little while.. but it's taking longer than expected, which is actually a nice surprise.  Got over 6 hours in it and just started Midtown.  I love these environments so much to the point where I'm wishing it was a full fledged AAA game with more expanded gameplay elements and ideas.. because in almost every environment you go in you can just see all the possibilities.

Clearly the team had to limit their scope.. but man.  They've really showed a ton of potential.

Anyone who finished it know how much more I've got?  I've just found

Spoiler

Clementine

• Like 1