The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Played a few courses on Kirby and The Forgotten Land this weekend. Game is charming af. The level design while easy, still provides some challenge with the bonuses. The music is great and it's so colorful with superb art direction. Will be playing more. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Ike said:

Played a few courses on Kirby and The Forgotten Land this weekend. Game is charming af. The level design while easy, still provides some challenge with the bonuses. The music is great and it's so colorful with superb art direction. Will be playing more. 

The later half owns! 

• Like 2

Jetpack Joyride 2 is a fantastic time killer on IOS. I loved the original. This is maybe a bit too familiar, but that’s actually a great thing (for me). Love the more intricate upgrade system. Oh, no micro-transactions. @ghostz would like this.  

• Like 1
On 2022-08-22 at 4:49 AM, Twinblade said:

I actually haven't played as much Days Gone as i'd like to this weekend because I also bought Mutant Year Zero and its so damn good I keep on booting it up instead. Some really well designed TBS mechanics in this game.

oh ya, I loved mutant, i loved the chars as well I just wish they would make a proper srpg out of it. The game is barebones, more like a tech-combat demo. 

I haven't played this story focused x-com yet, I might try this one. I just wish people would make more SRPGs, cant get enough, but not mission type based but story based with exploration :ben: 

• Upvote 1

new path of exile league, started last friday... and playing world of warships now :|  

finished my second GODpunk playthrough in 50 hours :glad:  I want more

and back to wasteland 2 still have to finish the second part in cali

• Upvote 1

Yeah well Soul Hackers 2 is not bad but it sure took it's sweet time introducing the various mechanics and features. At first I thought I was playing a dumbed down SMT game, I was starting to doubt if it would even be possible to fuse demons.

Overall, it's closer to Persona than anything else, minus the day to day social aspect. The main difference here is every party member can have it's own demon, which in turn will dictate their abilities and movesets obviously. Exploiting weak points does not give a turn advantage, instead you get stack which will hurt all enemies at the end of a turn, the more stacks, the more damage. Similar to Persona party attack when every demons are knocked down. In turn, if the enemies exploit your elemental weakness, it won't have any serious disadvantage other than the boost in damage. I think it's easier than most SMT games but there's still SMT bs every now and then.

There's a lot of ''dungeons'' in this, it reminds me of SMTIV or old school SMT games. They're really long and grindy. I think most people would hate this, there's even a series of dungeon that all looks the same for every character and you can tackle them in any order.

It's really nothing we haven't seen before and the story is really hard to get into it. It's in the far future and the world is weird. I can feel some NieR Automata influence in this. It tries to be mysterious like SMTIII but it just comes off as pretentious anime crap to me. The characters are fun and not annoying though. I find it impossible to care about the main plot at all and it spent so much time on cutscenes a la Persona 5, I started fast forwarding cutscenes a lot when I get bored. (yes, that's actually a in-game feature, they know the pacing was shit)

I'm still enjoying it, the combat is solid, fast and snappy. It's very addictive gameplay wise like any other SMT game. Everything comes off together really nicely but it's also nothing special at the same time. Unless you have never played a Atlus game before. 

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The battles towards the end of Mutant Year Zero are ridiculous. There’s no way to stealthily take out enemies because they’re all next to each other so you have to fight like 10-12 high level ones at once.

Save, try stealth kill, reload. Unfortunately, that's the big issue of this game, they expect you to take most of the enemies down stealthily before starting a fight. There's always a way but it might mean picking them off in a particular order, which takes a long time. 

Once your guys are high level though, if you play smart you might survive a tough fight. I got through some tough shits at the end. But yeah, the game is poorly balanced in that regard. If it wasn't it would be a near perfect game, unfortunately that's a big fucking glaring issue. 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Save, try stealth kill, reload. Unfortunately, that's the big issue of this game, they expect you to take most of the enemies down stealthily before starting a fight. There's always a way but it might mean picking them off in a particular order, which takes a long time. 

Once your guys are high level though, if you play smart you might survive a tough fight. I got through some tough shits at the end. But yeah, the game is poorly balanced in that regard. If it wasn't it would be a near perfect game, unfortunately that's a big fucking glaring issue. 

im right before the eden gate, and all the enemies are stationary and placed right next to each other. there's no way to aggro one without getting the attention of everyone else. Then there's also a boss enemy that can possess one of your characters. When that happens you're pretty much guaranteed to lose the battle in my experience. 

In all my 30+ years of gaming I have never skipped so much story as I am now doing in Soul Hackers 2. This is trash and spend almost as much time on cutscenes as Persona 5 but the main difference is that the story in Persona games is actually entertaining.

It's a shame because I don't mind the main characters. Ringo in particular is fun, she's like 2B but the complete opposite in terms of personality, she's upbeat and funny. The main plot is sleep inducing however and the villains are just anime trash rejects.

I still love the gameplay and all the little new additions that rolled during later chapters add some depth. The characters here plays set roles and you have to take that into consideration when choosing and fusing demons. There's a lot of character customizations with the weapon upgrades and passive skills to take into consideration. It's a good RPG but not one I would recommend for it's narrative.

The dungeons are brutal in this. Long ass corridors with doors that lock behind you or teleports. It's very much designed like the old school SMT games in that regard. You can save anywhere at least though. It's a very grindy SMT game that wants you to go back to old dungeons to farm. All the sidequests are pretty much designed like that.

This is a 8/10 for me but it would be a 6/10 if you couldn't fast forward or skip the cutscenes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I more or less feel the same way you do about Soul Hackers, though you said this feels closer to something like persona where as I see what you mean and it’s true but I think it’s something a bit closer to games like Etrian odyssey, Class of heroes, or wizardry…you know ,those first person dungeon crawlers.

I can’t sit here and say I don’t like it, because it has the exact qualities that made me love SMT in the first place in regards to gameplay. 

But I just think a lot of the games issues can be attributed mostly due to budget from what I see because if this was suppose to be a throwback to 90s SMT , those at least had a fucking traversable world map, even if it was just moving a triangle through a world 

so yeah an 8 feels about right, though you’re a fan of SMT pre-persona 4 like me.

someone who started playing SMT after persona probably won’t appreciate  it’s qualities very much 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Delita said:

I more or less feel the same way you do about Soul Hackers, though you said this feels closer to something like persona where as I see what you mean and it’s true but I think it’s something a bit closer to games like Etrian odyssey, Class of heroes, or wizardry…you know ,those first person dungeon crawlers.

I can’t sit here and say I don’t like it, because it has the exact qualities that made me love SMT in the first place in regards to gameplay. 

But I just think a lot of the games issues can be attributed mostly due to budget from what I see because if this was suppose to be a throwback to 90s SMT , those at least had a fucking traversable world map, even if it was just moving a triangle through a world 

so yeah an 8 feels about right, though you’re a fan of SMT pre-persona 4 like me.

someone who started playing SMT after persona probably won’t appreciate  it’s qualities very much 

Character drama and the amount of cutscenes reminds me of Persona 3-4-5.

The level design is totally old school first person dungeon crawlers, I'm with you on that one. 

I can't imagine casual RPG fans will love this. I don't know where you're at the but the soul axis dungeons makes this game grindy as fuck, even for me who enjoy maxing out all my demons before fusing them. You don't have to do those dungeons but they unlock the best character passive skills like getting more stacks for the sabbath. So in a way, it's actually kinda mandatory. The worst part is that the demons found in them are the same as in the new chapter dungeon that unlocked. This is a wasted opportunity, the place should have been filled with at least a few unique demons you can't get anywhere else. It totally feels like filler, definitely a cheap way to artificially extend the length of the game.

On 2022-08-31 at 1:49 PM, Ramza said:

Character drama and the amount of cutscenes reminds me of Persona 3-4-5.

The level design is totally old school first person dungeon crawlers, I'm with you on that one. 

I can't imagine casual RPG fans will love this. I don't know where you're at the but the soul axis dungeons makes this game grindy as fuck, even for me who enjoy maxing out all my demons before fusing them. You don't have to do those dungeons but they unlock the best character passive skills like getting more stacks for the sabbath. So in a way, it's actually kinda mandatory. The worst part is that the demons found in them are the same as in the new chapter dungeon that unlocked. This is a wasted opportunity, the place should have been filled with at least a few unique demons you can't get anywhere else. It totally feels like filler, definitely a cheap way to artificially extend the length of the game.

Artificially extend the length of the game pretty much sums up my experience with this game. I just reached the 3rd dungeon and it’s….literally the exact same dungeon as dungeon 2. Another subway. I gave the game a pass for the axis but when the main dungeons are regurgitated and Grindy I can see this game really just does not respect the players time at all.

it’s sad because there’s several likable things about the game but actually playing it really feels like a chore. 

44 minutes ago, Delita said:

Artificially extend the length of the game pretty much sums up my experience with this game. I just reached the 3rd dungeon and it’s….literally the exact same dungeon as dungeon 2. Another subway. I gave the game a pass for the axis but when the main dungeons are regurgitated and Grindy I can see this game really just does not respect the players time at all.

it’s sad because there’s several likable things about the game but actually playing it really feels like a chore. 

Haha, yeah I had a similar reaction when I saw another subway, it's a bit different later on though but also one of the worst part with the automatic closing doors. Haha, enjoy. 

Yeah, this is a great RPG but the expectations of grinding is ridiculous here. I've been skipping most of the sidequests and I'm still OP anyway, it's not like I have any reason to do them. A few unlocks special fusions which is neat I guess but still hardly worth the time.

I also skip 95% of fights once the EXP payout for a dungeon is starting to be really slow, I just hit them and continue on my way. There's at least that because if it was random encounters it would have driven me insane.

Playing more TMNT Cowabunga Collection... and god damn.  I just realized how much this collection improves Tutrles in Time in both the Arcade and SNES versions.

I always liked TMNT: Hyperstone Heist on the Genesis more because the game had a dedicated dash button.  I always loved dashing and shoulder bashing in that game. 

In the Arcade and SNES versions of Turtles in Time, you had to hold forward in the direction you were moving and you'd eventually start dashing.  Moving was really constricted comparatively.  The SNES version controls far tighter than the Arcade version despite having the same scheme.

Well, now in the Cowabunga Collection you can set an option to have a dash button, just like the Genesis' Hyperstone Heist.  This completely fixes the biggest issue with Turtles in Time, and is now quite easily my favorite game of them all.  The Arcade version has far better graphics and animation than the SNES, but the SNES version has better controls and extra levels.. so it comes out on top.

Really though, all 3 games are phenomenal.  Literal Turtle arcade perfection.  This collection is awesome and I'm really glad I picker it up. :aitch:

• Upvote 1

I finished Jetpack Joyride 2. That was a blast! I think the game had too many ways to update weapons (a lot of weapons too) and vehicles, though. They didn’t feel necessary. I just kept updating my Jetpack and leveling up both health/attack. I didn’t have to grind much either. The factory is a neat touch. I had fun building it up. It basically generates coins, tokens and gems. Also, the arcade is great! It’s a changing collection of mini-games to update your character skill set.  Overall, it’s one of the best on-the-go titles, especially if you like some depth with your arcade action. 

• Upvote 1