The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

11 hours ago, Ramza said:

I need to stop buying so many games.

Just finished this epic 70 hours SRPG called Expeditions: Rome. My GOTY for 2022 so far.

Still playing SMT: Soul Grinding 2. About 30 hours in but I'm about to quit. 

Still playing Deadly Premonition 2, 20 + hours in. I haven't talked about this game much so far. All I'm going to say for now is that I enjoy main story quite a lot but the way the game was designed really feels like padding out the game time, so many mandatory fetch quests that takes a week of in-game time because it has to be done on certain days.

Bought Ace Combat 7 again, beat it twice on PS4 and I felt like playing it again while listening to the OST.

Pre-ordered The Diofield Chronicles. I haven't played the demo and barely looked at the game. I'm going in blind. 

And I just bought Fatal Frame: Maiden of the Black Water. I've been wanting to play this game ever since the WiiU version came out but never did for some reason. 

DP2's dungeons were worse than the constant fetch quests for me. Some of the worst level design and gameplay i've experienced in recent memory and somehow much worse than the dungeons in the first game.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

DP2's dungeons were worse than the constant fetch quests for me. Some of the worst level design and gameplay i've experienced in recent memory and somehow much worse than the dungeons in the first game.

It's fine on PC, I get easy headshots from afar and can easily dodge most enemies. I didn't even get hit during the first boss dungeon fight. So while the gameplay isn't good, I think it's perfectly tolerable. I have no issue with the level design, the dungeons are pretty boring but it's not as if it's possible to get lost, just a bunch of corridors with some off beaten paths with items. Considering that's like 15% of my game time in the entire game, I actually welcome those segments has a nice change of pace. 

Did you play through the whole game? I swear every new piece of evidence now slow down the story progress to a crawl. There's this one item I needed and I had to wait 7 days just to get it and what did I get after the fetch quest that had me scouring every vending machine in town for a can of spinach? Another forgettable fetch quests with vague direction that sends you back scouring all over town. :|

This shit reminds me of Shenmue 3 at times. How can we stop the player from progressing in the main content of the game? 

In DP1 I had barely delved into the side content at all, here's it's majority of my gameplay experience. Shame because I really love the story. Even if Swery 65 is a dirty leftist. 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

It's fine on PC, I get easy headshots from afar and can easily dodge most enemies. I didn't even get hit during the first boss dungeon fight. So while the gameplay isn't good, I think it's perfectly tolerable. I have no issue with the level design, the dungeons are pretty boring but it's not as if it's possible to get lost, just a bunch of corridors with some off beaten paths with items. Considering that's like 15% of my game time in the entire game, I actually welcome those segments has a nice change of pace. 

Did you play through the whole game? I swear every new piece of evidence now slow down the story progress to a crawl. There's this one item I needed and I had to wait 7 days just to get it and what did I get after the fetch quest that had me scouring every vending machine in town for a can of spinach? Another forgettable fetch quests with vague direction that sends you back scouring all over town. :|

This shit reminds me of Shenmue 3 at times. How can we stop the player from progressing in the main content of the game? 

In DP1 I had barely delved into the side content at all, here's it's majority of my gameplay experience. Shame because I really love the story. Even if Swery 65 is a dirty leftist. 

Yeah the pacing is terrible. Everything about the game's structure feels poorly put together. And while the story does fair a bit better it doesnt hit the highs of the first game for me. 

About 10 hours into Steelrising. This game has some really solid gameplay and level design. There's actually more Metroidvania elements than in the typical Souls or Souls-like and it often feels like a 3D Castlevania at times. You'll never be able to completely explore an area on your first go because you'll need additional gadgets and abilities that are only unlocked after beating each area's boss. 

The only let down so far is the story. Its pretty mediocre and after Greedfall I definitely expected more from this studio in that regard.

19 hours ago, Twinblade said:

About 10 hours into Steelrising. This game has some really solid gameplay and level design. There's actually more Metroidvania elements than in the typical Souls or Souls-like and it often feels like a 3D Castlevania at times. You'll never be able to completely explore an area on your first go because you'll need additional gadgets and abilities that are only unlocked after beating each area's boss. 

The only let down so far is the story. Its pretty mediocre and after Greedfall I definitely expected more from this studio in that regard.

the story and cutscenes are just dreadful. It’s amazing they managed to make a setting and premise so interesting but the actual story be such hot doo doo.

Gameplay is pretty legit though. I’d say one of my only gripes is for a souls game it’s pretty easy. 

I haven’t played their previous games but if this is representative of their talent, then I’d say they’re on the path to an  AAA hit in the future 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Delita said:

the story and cutscenes are just dreadful. It’s amazing they managed to make a setting and premise so interesting but the actual story be such hot doo doo.

Gameplay is pretty legit though. I’d say one of my only gripes is for a souls game it’s pretty easy. 

I haven’t played their previous games but if this is representative of their talent, then I’d say they’re on the path to an  AAA hit in the future 

They've been around for a bit but Greedfall is what put them on the map. Worth playing if you're ever in the mood for a lower budget Bioware-esque RPG

Played a bit of Splatoon 3's MP. Its kind of crazy how much of a pass it gets for being one of the few multiplayer games on switch. A similar game on current gen systems would have been laughed at if it released like this. The main playlist only having 2 maps in its rotation at any time is just completely puzzling and it only takes a few matches before you're bored of seeing the same maps over and over again.

Finished Steelrising. This did feel like a 7/7.5 game overall. At around the halfway mark you end up seeing most of what the game has to offer from a gameplay perspective. You gain access to a bunch of side quests which make the story more interesting but they really boil down to just backtracking through the same levels and picking up a note or item, all while fighting the same few enemies using the same few weapons, and that was one of the game's biggest issues. the game doesn't introduce any new enemies, weapons, or gameplay features in the 2nd half so it really feels like you're just going through the motions. Oddly enough Greedfall had similar issues but the story and characters were consistently engaging enough that the gameplay issues didn't bother me as much.

Enjoyable game but should have been a budget title if ill be honest.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Finished Steelrising. This did feel like a 7/7.5 game overall. At around the halfway mark you end up seeing most of what the game has to offer from a gameplay perspective. You gain access to a bunch of side quests which make the story more interesting but they really boil down to just backtracking through the same levels and picking up a note or item, all while fighting the same few enemies using the same few weapons, and that was one of the game's biggest issues. the game doesn't introduce any new enemies, weapons, or gameplay features in the 2nd half so it really feels like you're just going through the motions. Oddly enough Greedfall had similar issues but the story and characters were consistently engaging enough that the gameplay issues didn't bother me as much.

Enjoyable game but should have been a budget title if ill be honest.

i dig the look of the game. i could see myself giving it a whirl when it drops to $20.

• Upvote 1

Finished up the DLCs and plat'd Spider-Man Remastered on PC.  Some of those were a pain in the ass.

dsa11.png

Some screenshots

20220913000933-1.jpg

20220914025804-1.jpg

20220915234914-1.jpg

20220914045223-1.jpg

Bring on Miles Morales and Uncharted: LoT :blessed: 

Edited by Remij
  • Upvote 1

im on the 4th world in Splatoon 3's campaign. Its honestly a pretty big disappointment compared to Splatoon 2. The hub areas with all the collectibles scattered about is a nice addition and there's a basic skill tree with abilities you can unlock which adds an interesting RPG element. It all seems good until you play the actual levels which are the core of the game. The problem is that most of them are short and simple challenges focused on a single mechanic that you can finish in 1-3 minutes. For example there's the ones where you're on a single platform and need to destroy a bunch of targets, or there's one where you ride along a series of rails to get from point A to B. Or maybe the focus is on using a specific type of block (like the sponges) get to the end of the level. 2 had all of these ideas but they were incorporated into much larger and more elaborately designed levels.

This game feels so much shallower in comparison and im really not sure what they were thinking with this type of design where they doubled the number of levels but made each one worse and less interesting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

idk why, but puzzle games like that where background/foreground objects can change in size depending on the perspective make me kinda queasy, so I avoid them.

Oh man, this one is pretty amazing! But I feel ya. Certain games with trippy art styles do the same to me.

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Oh man, this one is pretty amazing! But I feel ya. Certain games with trippy art styles do the same to me.

In other news I Just started The Pedestrian, really cool game so far :wow2: do you know how long it is? I've already unlocked 2 100 point achievements in less than a hour of game time.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

In other news I Just started The Pedestrian, really cool game so far :wow2: do you know how long it is? I've already unlocked 2 100 point achievements in less than a hour of game time.

It’s short. 3 hours? Godly game, though :wow2:

edit: there are 1,000 points. So maybe 4? Some sections will definitely take longer! The puzzles get very elaborate. 

I beat Superliminal. Wow, that was short. However, that was a wild 2-2 1/2 hours. The puzzles were a lot of fun, and I’m in awe of all of the programming wizardry. @Twinblade, I too usually get nauseas from these kinds of games, but only one part (15 seconds long?) made me a little dizzy. Overall, that was an amazing experience! 

• Upvote 1

I tried the early access version of Grounded. It made me realize that the actual 'survival' components is what I dislike the most about these type of games. The exploration, crafting, and building is all good but then you have to maintain your thirst/hunger levels, and then also worry about enemies attacking you out of nowhere. Then there's also the fact that even in the story campaign, the game never pauses when you're going through the menus, so I was figuring out what I needed to craft next and this strong bug just came out of nowhere and killed me almost instantly.

I was set on getting this game before but I now realize its not for me. I really want to see more games like Spiritfarer and DQ Builders, that don't put any of these constraints on the player. Hell or even like Cult of the Lamb, that game has a lot of survival mechanics but they're pretty forgiving in comparison so you can focus on the actual building and resource management.