The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

While the visual cutbacks are apparent, the scale of the levels (in just the second world) blows the first out of the water. Holy fuck! 

Yeah they mentioned that the levels are actually open now.  They made the necessary sacrifices to make it into that type of world design.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The worlds are cool (im on the 3rd) but I don't think they're big enough to warrant not just the drop in visual fidelity but also the constant loading times.

I don’t mind the load times. I was expecting worse, to be honest. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Sparks of Hope seems to have a lot of content. My save file is showing 45% completion after 16 hours. I finished the main quest line for the 3rd world 2 hours ago and have been doing side content in it since then, and there’s still a bunch of stuff I have left.

yeah, 3 is long af, but in a great way. some of the battles have actually been pretty challenging (for me, at least). i feel like some battles reward you for changing up your squad (like luigi's long rang attacks). i'm enjoying the side stuff. unfortunately (and fortunately), my film's main edit date starts today, instead of next week. so, my gaming time will be like a few hours a week moving forward.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, 3 is long af, but in a great way. some of the battles have actually been pretty challenging (for me, at least). i feel like some battles reward you for changing up your squad (like luigi's long rang attacks). i'm enjoying the side stuff. unfortunately (and fortunately), my film's main edit date starts today, instead of next week. so, my gaming time will be like a few hours a week moving forward.

Yeah I stuck with the same group of characters in the first game but this one encourages you to mix them up, and thanks to their unique weapons and abilities they fill roles that can always be useful depending on the battle.

Picked up Assassins Creed Unity for like 7 bucks and goddamn... Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla ain't got shit on this game.

The Assassin's Creed series was more or less dead to me after those three games. Out of the three, I only beat Origins and I thought the game was a slog. I didn't even get halfway through Odyssey before I dropped it. And Valhalla? LOL, I barely got 5 hours into Valhalla before I "Nope" the fuck out of that game. Those three games killed any interest I would have in the series.

But then I saw Unity for dirt cheap and figured what the hell? No matter how bad Unity supposedly is, it can't be any worse than those 3 games.

And to my surprise... Unity is not a bad game. In fact, Unity has been pretty good so far.

Now I don't know if it's just nice to play an actual Assassin's Creed game instead of another lame ass Witcher 3 clone or if Unity is just a lot better than people originally gave it credit for. Or maybe it's a little bit of both. Either way though I'm honestly enjoying the game.

This game is nearly 10 years old yet it still looks stunning and the world, while not as large as the later games, makes up for it by being so fuckin' dense. I don't think I've played an open world game that lets you go inside so many buildings. It's kind of nuts to be honest.

Then theres the parkour. Running on the ground is just as entertaining as running on the roofs. Watching Arno's animations as he zips through the terrain and around obstacles is just mesmerizing. I spend more time just running around the map doing random shit than I do anything else because it's just fun to run around in this game's world.

So yeah, Unity> Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla. And it's not even close IMO.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Picked up Assassins Creed Unity for like 7 bucks and goddamn... Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla ain't got shit on this game.

The Assassin's Creed series was more or less dead to me after those three games. Out of the three, I only beat Origins and I thought the game was a slog. I didn't even get halfway through Odyssey before I dropped it. And Valhalla? LOL, I barely got 5 hours into Valhalla before I "Nope" the fuck out of that game. Those three games killed any interest I would have in the series.

But then I saw Unity for dirt cheap and figured what the hell? No matter how bad Unity supposedly is, it can't be any worse than those 3 games.

And to my surprise... Unity is not a bad game. In fact, Unity has been pretty good so far.

Now I don't know if it's just nice to play an actual Assassin's Creed game instead of another lame ass Witcher 3 clone or if Unity is just a lot better than people originally gave it credit for. Or maybe it's a little bit of both. Either way though I'm honestly enjoying the game.

This game is nearly 10 years old yet it still looks stunning and the world, while not as large as the later games, makes up for it by being so fuckin' dense. I don't think I've played an open world game that lets you go inside so many buildings. It's kind of nuts to be honest.

Then theres the parkour. Running on the ground is just as entertaining as running on the roofs. Watching Arno's animations as he zips through the terrain and around obstacles is just mesmerizing. I spend more time just running around the map doing random shit than I do anything else because it's just fun to run around in this game's world.

So yeah, Unity> Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla. And it's not even close IMO.

For sure.  Still a completely stunning looking game.

The ONLY knock that I can put against it is that when on the rooftops the LOD is pretty bad off into the distance.

Other than that.. it's incredible.

I took these pics 8 years ago.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

The ONLY knock that I can put against it is that when on the rooftops the LOD is pretty bad off into the distance.

Magnificent. That and Sabo comment makes me want to play it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

JFC, what a pretty game. I don't even want to know how long it took to render some of the stuff in this game. I legit wouldn't be surprised if a handful of designers spent literal years doing some of this stuff. The attention to details and the desire to perfectly recreate some of these landmarks is ridiculous.

I've never been a big graphics guy but even I have stopped inside some of these buildings in pure awe over what I was looking at. The game can be truly breath taking sometimes and just leave you with a genuine "Whoa..." feeling. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Remij said:

holy fuck! i don't know why i never gave this a chance. i wasn't really a fan of the first 2 AC games, so maybe that's why. i didn't mind the witcher 3 knockoffs...until they got too stale. this looks incredible!

2 hours into SIgnalis. Game is damn cool. Pretty much a sci fi RE

Just wish it was more challenging as its been pretty easy so far. You can avoid most of the enemies and the game floods you with ammo and healing items. Still a solid experience so far and im eager to play more of it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

2 hours into SIgnalis. Game is damn cool. Pretty much a sci fi RE

Just wish it was more challenging as its been pretty easy so far. You can avoid most of the enemies and the game floods you with ammo and healing items. Still a solid experience so far and im eager to play more of it.

I actually like the sound of that. I don't like my survival horror games being too challenging, at least not on my first try. :happysad: Keep us updated. 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Just bought a AAA sandwich :juggle:

Screenshot_20221028_121951.jpg

god damn! mario rabbids is a legit GOTY contender. some of these later battles are incredible and force you to constantly swap characters and mix up your strategies and upgrades/sparks. also, the overworlds are dope and very intricate.