The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

god damn! mario rabbids is a legit GOTY contender. some of these later battles are incredible and force you to constantly swap characters and mix up your strategies and upgrades/sparks. also, the overworlds are dope and very intricate.

The big dudes in the 4th world that pull your characters towards them and then do a ground pound attack are brutal :meh:  

Edit: I just did the train track puzzle. That was pretty fun and actually required a bit of thinking.

• aitch 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The big dudes in the 4th world that pull your characters towards them and then do a ground pound attack are brutal :meh:  

Edit: I just did the train track puzzle. That was pretty fun and actually required a bit of thinking.

yeah, make sure you have luigi and mario in those battles. their sharpshooter/hero sight counters kill them.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Ramza said:

I actually like the sound of that. I don't like my survival horror games being too challenging, at least not on my first try. :happysad: Keep us updated. 

I’m 8 hours in. I thought I had finished it but it just keeps going :D game is very cool. The gameplay is classic RE when it comes to exploration, combat, puzzle solving, and inventory management but it merges that with a slick and sometimes trippy anime/sci vibe. It doesn’t reinvent the wheel in anyway but as someone who craves this kind of game I’m having a really good time with it and appreciate everything it does.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I’m 8 hours in. I thought I had finished it but it just keeps going :D game is very cool. The gameplay is classic RE when it comes to exploration, combat, puzzle solving, and inventory management but it merges that with a slick and sometimes trippy anime/sci vibe. It doesn’t reinvent the wheel in anyway but as someone who craves this kind of game I’m having a really good time with it and appreciate everything it does.

Well, I like the style a lot, I really don't have time to play it but I'll keep my eye on when it gets on sale.

I finished Days Gone  I decided to stick with it after hating the start of the game and it does become better once you start unlocking more thingd and getting progress. As a shooter it can be pretty good.

But FUCK do open world games suck and this game has ALL of the probpems that ever plagued open world games rolled into one. The constant travelling from A to B to A to C to A just to start missions, the "emergent gameplay" aka lets just spam enemies or repetitive sidetadks every couple of minutes , the terrible pacing of the story because the game needs to pad out its length with a few more missioms before the story is allowed to move forward, the fat weighty, janky Rockstar movement and animation, and the collect-a-thon so bad it puts Rare's N64 era games to shame.

I was thinking about trying Red Dead 2 after this but fuck that :facep: I'm burned out on open world games for a long while and I onoe Rockstar games share many of the same problems.

Actually come to think of it its mostly Rockstar games that have these problems. I don't remember Horizon having a lot of this bullshit.

Anyway since then I've been craving real games aka games that let you just play, and I'm been exclusively on the Deck. This thing has taken all my time I've never played this month in a long while. Working from home these past few years I don't feel like sitting at a desk for hours doing work and then transitioning to sitting at a desk playing PC games you know? So the Deck has been great for that. I saw vampire survivors on sale too and decided to give it a try and yeah I can see why people pour hours into this thing, its deeper than it looks in videos.

Probably going to be a Deck exclusive gamer for a little while. Just catching up on my huge backlog mostly.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

I finished Days Gone  I decided to stick with it after hating the start of the game and it does become better once you start unlocking more thingd and getting progress. As a shooter it can be pretty good.

But FUCK do open world games suck and this game has ALL of the probpems that ever plagued open world games rolled into one. The constant travelling from A to B to A to C to A just to start missions, the "emergent gameplay" aka lets just spam enemies or repetitive sidetadks every couple of minutes , the terrible pacing of the story because the game needs to pad out its length with a few more missioms before the story is allowed to move forward, the fat weighty, janky Rockstar movement and animation, and the collect-a-thon so bad it puts Rare's N64 era games to shame.

I was thinking about trying Red Dead 2 after this but fuck that :facep: I'm burned out on open world games for a long while and I onoe Rockstar games share many of the same problems.

Actually come to think of it its mostly Rockstar games that have these problems. I don't remember Horizon having a lot of this bullshit.

Anyway since then I've been craving real games aka games that let you just play, and I'm been exclusively on the Deck. This thing has taken all my time I've never played this month in a long while. Working from home these past few years I don't feel like sitting at a desk for hours doing work and then transitioning to sitting at a desk playing PC games you know? So the Deck has been great for that. I saw vampire survivors on sale too and decided to give it a try and yeah I can see why people pour hours into this thing, its deeper than it looks in videos.

Probably going to be a Deck exclusive gamer for a little while. Just catching up on my huge backlog mostly.

I hear ya on the open world fatigue. I’ve been playing more linear games lately, with tighter campaigns. So much better imo. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I hear ya on the open world fatigue. I’ve been playing more linear games lately, with tighter campaigns. So much better imo. 

Yeah less padding and time wasting between getting to the meat of the gameplay. I'm craving some old PS2 games for that reason, less fluff and more gameplay :glad:

• Like 1

Finished Signalis. That was a hell of an experience :wow2: For a $20 indie game made mostly by 2 people I couldn't help but be extremely impressed. There is a lot to the universe and story, some of which I admittedly didn't fully comprehend. But this is one of those games where people will analyze everything that happened and come up with their own theories which is going to be interesting to see.

Anyway, time to dig into Star Ocean.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Finished Signalis. That was a hell of an experience :wow2: For a $20 indie game made mostly by 2 people I couldn't help but be extremely impressed. There is a lot to the universe and story, some of which I admittedly didn't fully comprehend. But this is one of those games where people will analyze everything that happened and come up with their own theories which is going to be interesting to see.

Anyway, time to dig into Star Ocean.

You're a fucking beast when it comes to powering through these games breh :wow2: 

Looking forward to your thoughts on Star Ocean before I decide on whether to buy it or not. :fblike: 

Just finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy on PC this morning.  

Man, I forgot how awesome the final train set-piece is in LL.  What an awesome sequence that was.

Makes you wonder what they could do on PS5/PC.

58 minutes ago, Remij said:

Just finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy on PC this morning.  

Man, I forgot how awesome the final train set-piece is in LL.  What an awesome sequence that was.

Makes you wonder what they could do on PS5/PC.

Yeah, I can’t wait to see their next game. 

• Like 1

Might do my first month of hobo-pass soon :ben:  it's actually very good timing, lots of shit I'm interested in, I just have trouble to decide in which order I wanna play them.

Plague Tale: Requiem, Scorn, Outer Worlds, Signalis, Moonscars, Hitman 2 and 3, Asscreed Odyssey(?), Fallout 4(?), Far Cry 5(?)..... not sure about the last three...

Microsoft :blessed:  for the gaymers :blessed: 

Edited by kaz
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, kaz said:

Might do my first month of hobo-pass soon :ben:  it's actually very good timing, lots of shit I'm interested in, I just have trouble to decide in which order I wanna play them.

Plague Tale: Requiem, Scorn, Outer Worlds, Signalis, Moonscars, Hitman 2 and 3, Asscreed Odyssey(?), Fallout 4(?), Far Cry 5(?)..... not sure about the last three...

Microsoft :blessed:  for the gaymers :blessed: 

Fuck yeah. It’s amazing right now.