The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I can’t wait to see their next game. 

Yea, there's a rumor of that new team that Naughty Dog has set up working on a "beloved IP"... which I assume is Uncharted.

TLOU is incredible visually, but it doesn't have the same epic set-piece moments that Uncharted has... which isn't a bad thing of course, it's a different game... but man it makes you wonder what they could do on PS5..  Some parts in UC4 and LL look obviously dated... certain areas of levels aren't quite to the same level as other parts, but man, [some parts are still incredible.  A new UC game would look insane.

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, there's a rumor of that new team that Naughty Dog has set up working on a "beloved IP"... which I assume is Uncharted.

TLOU is incredible visually, but it doesn't have the same epic set-piece moments that Uncharted has... which isn't a bad thing of course, it's a different game... but man it makes you wonder what they could do on PS5..  Some parts in UC4 and LL look obviously dated... certain areas of levels aren't quite to the same level as other parts, but man, [some parts are still incredible.  A new UC game would look insane.

Fuck yeah! It would probably be Nathan’s daughter.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Fuck yeah! It would probably be Nathan’s daughter.

Yep that's the logical thing for them to do since they set themselves up for it.  It could even be Chloe or Nadine again, since at the end of LL Nadine talks about leaving Shorline behind and continuing to treasure hunt.

But yeah, Drake's daughter makes the most sense.

51 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yep that's the logical thing for them to do since they set themselves up for it.  It could even be Chloe or Nadine again, since at the end of LL Nadine talks about leaving Shorline behind and continuing to treasure hunt.

But yeah, Drake's daughter makes the most sense.

It would be pretty wild to have Nathan as a Sully type mentor. 

• Like 1

New San Diego team that hasn't revealed what theyve been working on is rumoured to be doing UC now. I also think the rumour was that it was Sully based. 

But yeah nothing comes close to UC set pieces.

I'm now on Chapter 12 of Requiem. Been fucking awesome. Some of the settings of these chapters are so damn cool. It is the pinnacle of simple game design feeling grand and epic. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

New San Diego team that hasn't revealed what theyve been working on is rumoured to be doing UC now. I also think the rumour was that it was Sully based. 

I'm now on Chapter 12 of Requiem. Been fucking awesome. Some of the settings of these chapters are so damn cool. It is the pinnacle of simple game design feeling grand and epic. 

Really?  A young Sully based story would be awesome as well.  Never thought of that.

But yea, for sure.  They could do some amazing things on PS5 lol.. especially with the SSD now.

I’m on the last planet of Mario Rabbids. The one before was awesome! I didn’t expect the twists with that boss fight. Some fun puzzles too. The level design has been pretty great in the last few worlds. This is a true sequel, greatly improving the core game in every way. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Brooo yes! A young Sully! That would be epic!

and I told ya Requiem get significantly better. It’s one of my favorite games this year. 

• Like 2

I finished Mario Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. That was a wild end! As for the game, itself, I easily give it a 9.5, ranking it in my top 3 titles this year (quite possibly my favorite Switch exclusive). 

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I finished Mario Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. That was a wild end! As for the game, itself, I easily give it a 9.5, ranking it in my top 3 titles this year (quite possibly my favorite Switch exclusive). 

Damn thats high praise. I don't personally think the game is on that level yet. The combat is really good but most of the gameplay outside of that doesn't stand out too much. Plus the story and writing are pretty forgettable so far.

16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Damn thats high praise. I don't personally think the game is on that level yet. The combat is really good but most of the gameplay outside of that doesn't stand out too much. Plus the story and writing are pretty forgettable so far.

I have no clue what the game is about lol, I didn’t even pay attention to the story :D. However, it’s the best game I’ve played in this genre. I never cared for stuff like X-com and Gears Tactics, but this just hits nicely. I love how the battles force you mix shit up. I tried a “tried and true” approach in one battle and got my ass handed to me lol. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I have no clue what the game is about lol, I didn’t even pay attention to the story :D. However, it’s the best game I’ve played in this genre. I never cared for stuff like X-com and Gears Tactics, but this just hits nicely. I love how the battles force you mix shit up. I tried a “tried and true” approach in one battle and got my ass handed to me lol. 

Im not sure if you're familiar with the Mario and Luigi RPGs, but I thought about how Nintendo could take those games (which have really good writing, storytelling, etc) and combine them with the turn based gameplay loop from Sparks of Hope. That would be a near perfect RPG.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im not sure if you're familiar with the Mario and Luigi RPGs, but I thought about how Nintendo could take those games (which have really good writing, storytelling, etc) and combine them with the turn based gameplay loop from Sparks of Hope. That would be a near perfect RPG.

I thought the exact same thing! Yeah, that would be perfection! 

Been kinda bouncing between a bunch of stuff...

Playing P5R again with the Gamepass release. Just finished the second palace. Still such a good game, might play SMTV again when I'm wrapped up with it.

Jumped into Bowser's Fury on Yuzu. Imo this is such a better take on open world Mario than Odyssey was. I hope we get a full game as an evolution of this style.

Dabbling in OW2 here and there. I think the game itself is pretty fun tbh, not really concerned with the monetitzation since I don't care about the skins. Fun game to jump into for a few matches and it's super smooth.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

@Ramza Was it you who posted about this game before? I had it on my wishlist and I just got a notification that it officially released (and is no longer in early access). I might check it out

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1673630/Eternal_Evil/

Yes, I saw it on sale for relatively cheap once. Still curious to see what it's like but I don't have the time. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Finished Reqium. Man that was awesome. Excellent story, great pacing and constant escalation. Thought it was over at one point but still had multiple chapters to go. Some great moments, superb graphics, voice acting and settings. 

Fuck yeah!!! 

Im still seeing a surprising amount of lukewarm reviews/thoughts on Requiem and it just leaves me scratching my head. Im convinced if the game were Sony exclusive it would have gotten a far better reception just based on that fact.

TLOU and TLOU2 are so highly regarded yet a game practically cut from that same cloth gets nitpicked to hell.....

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im still seeing a surprising amount of lukewarm reviews/thoughts on Requiem and it just leaves me scratching my head. Im convinced if the game were Sony exclusive it would have gotten a far better reception just based on that fact.

TLOU and TLOU2 are so highly regarded yet a game practically cut from that same cloth gets nitpicked to hell.....

yeah, i don't get it. unlike the first game, nearly every scene felt fair, with many ways to approach encounters.

• Like 1