The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

15 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, i don't get it. unlike the first game, nearly every scene felt fair, with many ways to approach encounters.

yeah. Btw I got to the 5th world in sparks of hope. The 4th one had some cool battles, my favorite being the moving train one with the giant wiggler.

• aitch 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

Just now, Twinblade said:

yeah. Btw I got to the 5th world in sparks of hope. The 4th one had some cool battles, my favorite being the moving train one with the giant wiggler.

yasss! that part was awesome! 5 has some really cool shit too.

13 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Super late to the game but finally started RE8 and holy shit th4e start of this game is fucking incredible imo. Absolutely loving it. I think I may even like it more than the start of RE7. 

it goes downhill lol. aside from one cool as fuck section later in the game, i was underwhelmed.

14 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Well that's disappointing to hear.

I just got out of the castle and so far it's been great. Was hoping the other areas were gonna be as good. 

you may like it more than me. let me know!

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Super late to the game but finally started RE8 and holy shit th4e start of this game is fucking incredible imo. Absolutely loving it. I think I may even like it more than the start of RE7. 

That intro is indeed really cool.

• Like 1

Just pre-ordered Tactics Ogre: Reborn. 10/10 game but what retarded pricing, cost me 77$ CAD with taxes. 

I think I paid 40$ for the basically the same game on PSP back in 2010.

Edited by Ramza
10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Just pre-ordered Tactics Ogre: Reborn. 10/10 game but what retarded pricing, cost me 77$ CAD with taxes. 

I think I paid 40$ for the basically the same game on PSP back in 2010.

Damn breh, start using Greenmangaming.  It's 100% an authorized official retailer, and you earn XP for every purchase which can be used to get big discounts.

Before

tact.png

After 20% off

tact2.png

You basically get like continual 15-20% discounts on most titles once you max out your XP.  Some even have their own discounts and promotions.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/xp-offers/the-xp-program/

Greenmangaming is the best place to actually support game devs/pubs.. while also getting good discounts and loyalty rewards.  Fanatical is also another awesome retailer that has some great deals on games and bundles at times.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Remij said:

Damn breh, start using Greenmangaming.  It's 100% an authorized official retailer, and you earn XP for every purchase which can be used to get big discounts.

Before

tact.png

After 20% off

tact2.png

You basically get like continual 15-20% discounts on most titles once you max out your XP.  Some even have their own discounts and promotions.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/xp-offers/the-xp-program/

Greenmangaming is the best place to actually support game devs/pubs.. while also getting good discounts and loyalty rewards.  Fanatical is also another awesome retailer that has some great deals on games and bundles at times.

20% off is good. 

Although if the cards on steam keep some good value, that's like the amount I can save. Maybe a bit less. I'll check it out though.

Dude, their sales are better than on steam. 

Edited by Ramza
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

20% off is good. 

Although if the cards on steam keep some good value, that's like the amount I can save. Maybe a bit less. I'll check it out though.

Dude, their sales are better than on steam. 

Yep they are.  Pretty much all the time.

There's ONE downside though, and it may or may not be important to you, depending on the game you're buying... and that's the refund policy.  Buying off Steam directly gives you that 2h automatic refund policy no questions asked.  Greenmangaming understandably doesn't have that.  So if you're purchasing a game you're not sure you're going to want to keep if it turns out that it's just really bad, or tech issues or whatever... you might still want to purchase it on Steam itself.  However, if it's a game that you KNOW you're going to love and want to keep... GMG is definitely the way to go.

Just thought I'd throw that out there as well.

• Upvote 1

I’m a little over 3 hours in with Entrophy. It’s pretty damn good. It’s not the hardest game, but the puzzles are a lot of fun. It keeps adding new mechanics. I looked it up, and I’m past the halfway mark. Makes sense, considering it was only $24.99.

• Upvote 1

The Entrophy Centre has some pretty awesome puzzles. Not hard, but more clever, some requiring some cool planning, since you are manipulating time/order. However….the emergency and lockdown parts (outside of the puzzle sections) are god awful. They aren’t long, but they really fuck with the chill pace of the puzzles. Why do some puzzle games try to force annoying combat and shit platforming bits? I’m probably almost done. I’ll finish it later…maybe. So far, I would have given the game a 8.5, but pacing issues knock it down to 7.5. 

• Upvote 1

Finished Star Ocean The Divine Force after 37 hours.

This is definitely a return to form for the series (even though it will probably be the last one for a long time given its sales). The game has a sense of scale to it that I missed in what I played of SO5, and is more reminiscent of SO3 and 4. It still doesn't go quite as far when it comes to letting you travel to and explore a bunch of different planets, but it comes closer enough that it does live up to the Star Ocean title.

The pacing (especially in the first half), combat, and characters are the highlights of the whole experience. You're constantly seeing new environments, towns, meeting new characters, and its always fun. The different characters have their own varied combat styles and abilities and you'll spend a lot of time in menus unlocking, customizing, and upgrading skills. I did actually enjoy that aspect and didn't find it at all tedious, but some people might not feel the same way.

Also their mini game equivalent, Esowa was a lot of fun. The loop of going around challenging NPCs, gaining new 'Pawns' (the characters used to fight) and continually improving your deck never got old. I think its actually the most enjoyable mini game of this type since Gwent.

Game does have some downsides overall. The side quests are extremely weak, and are the most basic form of item fetch quests/monster kill quests that you can find. They're made worse by the complete lack of guidance as the game often gives you nothing much to go on. For example, even if you know which monster to kill for a quest both the description and even the glossary don't tell you where you can find it....there are some bizarre omissions like that which bring the game's lower budget and possibly rushed aspects to the surface.

Speaking of lower budget, you'll get that vibe everytime there's a cutscene and the characters open their mouths :ben: Its a likeable cast, but the lackluster facial and body animations leave something to be desired. Its completely at odds with their combat animations which are really slick looking. At least the voice acting are writing and mostly pretty good, though.

So yeah if I were to rate it I would give it a solid 8/10.

I know it'll never happen but I'd like to see a game in this series with a FF level budget one day. It could easily become the JRPG equivalent of Mass Effect if that happened.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1