The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

played the conscript demo, this game owns hard. the game bugged out on me though at some point and I walked into the black infinity off-screen, then it killed my pc :D  had to restart this pos :D 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, kaz said:

played the conscript demo, this game owns hard. the game bugged out on me though at some point and I walked into the black infinity off-screen, then it killed my pc :D  had to restart this pos :D 

A 2D pixel isometric game just crashed your computer. Definitely sounds like it’s time for an upgrade :ben: 

• Haha 1
  • Ben 1
  • dead 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

A 2D pixel isometric game just crashed your computer. Definitely sounds like it’s time for an upgrade :ben: 

it didn't crash my computer I just couldn't get out of it. I tried everything but the application just wouldn't close.

I used the interact prompt on a door but it wouldn't open but I could walk through it and was just in the dark. Then I just restarted. Normally my pos would get the 🔨 for that but this time I was generous and just walked away for a min.  I definitely felt defeated. :ben:

Edited by kaz

Finished Sonic Frontiers

The game exceeded my expectations. The gameplay loop is actually pretty simple overall but traversing the world is enjoyable enough that completing the platforming challenges and getting as many collectibles/upgrades as possible never stopped being fun. Its very different from other games with open environments, where its just an excuse to try to get from point A to point B. Here I often felt like I was just exploring in random directions most of the time but it still managed to feel rewarding and I was gradually making progress through the story. Which surprisingly isn't that bad. There's not much of it but setting the devs built is both interesting and mysterious and there's genuine atmosphere throughout (partly thanks to the great OST). 

My only gripes were Sony's physics and the controls in general. Sometimes you feel like you don't have enough input over Sonic's movement and interactions with the environment, there's just a lack of consistency to it. This is especially true in the 2D/2.5D cyberspace levels, which were still fun but also represented many of the moments where I would think I was in control but then I would suddenly manage to fling Sonic off the level without knowing exactly what I did wrong.

And as I mentioned initially you have to accept that there isn't much variety to the gameplay. Everything you're doing in the first few hours of the game is essentially the same stuff you'll be doing during the last few.

Still the game was a pleasant surprise and If I weren't getting GoW I would have gone back in after the ending to finish up the content I missed including S ranking the cyberspace levels. There's a really good foundation here and it feels like Sonic Team has already done the hard work, now its just a matter of iterating on and expanding these ideas and we should see some nice improvements in a potential sequel.

I give it a 8/10 :obama:(but realistically if you're taking Sonic game standards into consideration its probably a 9 :D)

• Upvote 1

Can I get microsoft reward points by playing games on PC? Speako, that fakelem doesn't know :kaz: and everywhere I look it says its console only? 

How anti-consumer is microsoft really? Is this a joke? :D  I'm excluded from earning points from achievements just because I play on PC? :D  Or am I just stupid? :wonder: 

Bore'n off to a good start

Spoiler

just walked around almost an hour until I realized I missed that first puzzle on the upper floor. I love this game so far tho, atmosphere already on point. And it runs well on my trash-can the graphics and artstyle are soo good.

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, kaz said:

Can I get microsoft reward points by playing games on PC? Speako, that fakelem doesn't know :kaz: and everywhere I look it says its console only? 

How anti-consumer is microsoft really? Is this a joke? :D  I'm excluded from earning points from achievements just because I play on PC? :D  Or am I just stupid? :wonder: 

Any game from the Micorosft/Xbox stores on PC has achievement support.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Any game from the Micorosft/Xbox stores on PC has achievement support.

I know I might sound super dumb but can you please elaborate. I don't find any info on that I just started playing. 

I got the microsoft xbox app on my pc, log in with email, then i go to microsoft rewards site, log in with email. 

there is notihing about pc games achievements??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

all I found was (on the reward page) a link to a xbox app which specifally says its for console only.

The thing is, ultimately, I don't even care. I did those quiz with bing search and shit which was fun but there is no info of playing games or achievements. 

again please show me how or where I never found it I still think you can't earn reward points by playing on PC - PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE

10 minutes ago, kaz said:

I know I might sound super dumb but can you please elaborate. I don't find any info on that I just started playing. 

I got the microsoft xbox app on my pc, log in with email, then i go to microsoft rewards site, log in with email. 

there is notihing about pc games achievements??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

all I found was (on the reward page) a link to a xbox app which specifally says its for console only.

The thing is, ultimately, I don't even care. I did those quiz with bing search and shit which was fun but there is no info of playing games or achievements. 

again please show me how or where I never found it I still think you can't earn reward points by playing on PC - PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE

Im just talking about regular game achievements. I know nothing about their rewards program.

• Ben 1

Tried out Bowser’s Fury. It’s honestly a lot of fun and feels like what Odyssey should’ve been. It’s a perfect mix of 3D World and Odyssey. More structure, you know how many Sprites are in each world. Just overall a better experience. Excited for the next one in the franchise that’s more than likely launching with Switch 2. 

Finished Scorn.

Go in blind, people. I loved the game even though I got frustrated a few times but that was due to missing one small thing and one puzzle was just ass in my opinion.

Awesome game: the sense of dread, the visuals, the soundtrack, the weird ass sounds, the enemies. It was easy sailing too, a few times I had to fight and it was manageable. 

for anyone who played it @-GD-X

Spoiler

MY FAV PART was these ugly baby aliens LMFAO :D  they reminded me of that killer clown from outer space movie in a way, I just felt the same thing about them, they were so ugly I wanted to kill them all. The crushing machine :D wtf. 

I liked the ending to be honest, the theme and metaphors about rebirth is very clear. Looked up some more and liked the explanations, but I think it's a choice to do that or leave it as a mystery. 

• Like 1
Just now, kaz said:

Finished Scorn.

Go in blind, people. I loved the game even though I got frustrated a few times but that was due to missing one small thing and one puzzle was just ass in my opinion.

Awesome game: the sense of dread, the visuals, the soundtrack, the weird ass sounds, the enemies. It was easy sailing too, a few times I had to fight and it was manageable. 

for anyone who played it @-GD-X

Reveal hidden contents

MY FAV PART was these ugly baby aliens LMFAO :D  they reminded me of that killer clown from outer space movie in a way, I just felt the same thing about them, they were so ugly I wanted to kill them all. The crushing machine :D wtf. 

I liked the ending to be honest, the theme and metaphors about rebirth is very clear. Looked up some more and liked the explanations, but I think it's a choice to do that or leave it as a mystery. 

yasss!  a fellow scorn fan :bow: and i loved that part! how about the

Spoiler

part where you have to keep breaking your hand to use it?  :D godly!

but yeah, it's one of the best horror games i've played, and the visuals and sound design were stellar.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yasss!  a fellow scorn fan :bow: and i loved that part! how about the

Hide contents

part where you have to keep breaking your hand to use it?  :D godly!

but yeah, it's one of the best horror games i've played, and the visuals and sound design were stellar.

Spoiler

bro I was so confused about that at first :D  I liked that this thing (parasite) stayed with you the whole time, latched onto you, holding the health cherries and ammo for you. I was like thanks, pal. 

Also I forgot to mention, the fact that the guy you play was so human made it so good in my opinion, using all that machinery by sticking your hand in the holes. 

Amazing game. I wish I could have seen how the giant human head gets killed when you use that elevator, you could only hear that. That guy was my bro :mjcry:  I felt so bad ripping it open. (theories about that are interesting but again its a choice, i think letting it be a mystery or for your own interpretation owns too.) 

• Like 1
Just now, kaz said:
  Hide contents

bro I was so confused about that at first :D  I liked that this thing (parasite) stayed with you the whole time, latched onto you, holding the health cherries and ammo for you. I was like thanks, pal. 

Also I forgot to mention, the fact that the guy you play was so human made it so good in my opinion, using all that machinery by sticking your hand in the holes. 

Amazing game. I wish I could have seen how the giant human head gets killed when you use that elevator, you could only hear that. That guy was my bro :mjcry:  I felt so bad ripping it open. (theories about that are interesting but again its a choice, i think letting it be a mystery or for your own interpretation owns too.) 

i should read them. i'm glad you played the updated version (the save points were pretty bad pre-patch).

• Like 1