The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Started playing Hitman 2 and Requiem. Thanks gamepass :wow: 

The game runs well, just finished act 1, holy shit, this intro was intense. Immediately went into " :mjcry: -mode" when I heard Amicia and Hugo and also Lucas. 

Such a lighthearted intro and then it gets right into it. I play it on normal for now but honestly died a few times already because it wasn't clear where to go. Love it so far. Difficulty settings is definitely welcomed, remembering the frustrating parts later in the prequel. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Plague Tale?

100% There has never been moments so frustrating  I have ever experienced

^ idk man i cant talk properly when im drunk i dont know im just saying this shit has too many frustrating set pieces

Edited by kaz
9 hours ago, kaz said:

100% There has never been moments so frustrating  I have ever experienced

^ idk man i cant talk properly when im drunk i dont know im just saying this shit has too many frustrating set pieces

Are you playing while drunk? Maybe you're too slow to react/respond in those moments because of that. Just a thought :ben: 

Been checking out Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PC.  Awesome port.  The RT Shadows are MASSIVELY taxing on the GPU and CPU though when maxed out.  However, DLSS3 really does come to the rescue.  Nvidia just released a driver update which fixes vsync on Gsync/Gsync compatible displays with DLSS3.  So now there's no additional input lag for using DLSS3.. and not only that, but improvements to DLSS3 have made it more performant and higher quality.  So DLSS3 literally feels as responsive as the game should.  It's a massive improvement to the initial release.. and with RT shadows.. it's damn near essential.  RT reflections are also massively improved with RT Shadows, showing proper shadows in the reflections for farther in the distance.

I can run this game at over 200fps with DLSS3, and it feels and looks incredibly smooth.  Also, at 7680x3200 with DLAA (which is supersampling on top of that) I get 70-90fps with DLSS3.  It almost feels wrong.. like unfair to be using it :smilecry: 

20221119001606-1.jpg

20221119083723-1.jpg

20221118184321-1.jpg

20221119090514-1.jpg

Anyway, gonna get back on God of War Ragnarok before playing this any further.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Are you playing while drunk? Maybe you're too slow to react/respond in those moments because of that. Just a thought :ben: 

Nah, I'm always drunk, I tell you the part. It wasn't even that bad but I struggled. It was at chapter 2:

Spoiler

The first set piece when you avoid the archer on top was easy, just didn't stay right, but went to the left, easy evading everyone. But the second one after you come up from the underground. After you run from the rats, that chase scene, there is a huge set piece and I was mad because it doesn't have any checkpoints, no matter how far I got. I always got noticed once I had to cross the last part with a stick and fire. And I spent a lot of time evading everyone.

I was just mad I think but I also think the difficulty is very unforgiving, the spotting from enemies is downright painful. I was thinking about it because they introduced the difficulty settings, and that point I just tried the "narrative" setting and all it does, it makes enemies knock you down over and over and give you time to escape. I don't like it. I was thinking of a casual like my father playing it and he would struggle with controls alone. 

I just wish this would be more accessible for those people but oh well. I let myself get killed and put it back on normal diff. 

But it's fine, no biggie, this game OWNS so hard. 

1 hour ago, kaz said:

Nah, I'm always drunk, I tell you the part. It wasn't even that bad but I struggled. It was at chapter 2:

Reveal hidden contents

The first set piece when you avoid the archer on top was easy, just didn't stay right, but went to the left, easy evading everyone. But the second one after you come up from the underground. After you run from the rats, that chase scene, there is a huge set piece and I was mad because it doesn't have any checkpoints, no matter how far I got. I always got noticed once I had to cross the last part with a stick and fire. And I spent a lot of time evading everyone.

I was just mad I think but I also think the difficulty is very unforgiving, the spotting from enemies is downright painful. I was thinking about it because they introduced the difficulty settings, and that point I just tried the "narrative" setting and all it does, it makes enemies knock you down over and over and give you time to escape. I don't like it. I was thinking of a casual like my father playing it and he would struggle with controls alone. 

I just wish this would be more accessible for those people but oh well. I let myself get killed and put it back on normal diff. 

But it's fine, no biggie, this game OWNS so hard. 

You have to be aware of surroundings. Don't just crouch out in the open, always move from cover to cover or to grass that conceals you. The most unforgiving aspect is that enemies can spot you from a long distance, its not like Ass Creed where an enemy can be looking straight at you but it won't trigger their AI because they're out of range. In Plague Tale if you're in an enemy's line of sight, they WILL see you regardless of how far away you are.

Nah, I know how to play this but this set piece was ass. I sneaked around, took my time and the last moment they would spot me, I also didn't realize I had to go to that one door. I think that was the big issue. It's not that I didn't manage but I spent too much time there for my liking. 

The narrative difficulty is dumb though. They catch you and just won't kill you, I expected them to reduces guards on lookout etc. for someone who really doesn't play any games. This game world should be playable by everyone. 

Also I have to add, i wanted to clear it without being noticed, you could also just run the last part to the door. 

Either way game owns, I was just mad yesterday like I said

Edited by kaz
1 minute ago, kaz said:

Nah, I know how to play this but this set piece was ass. I sneaked around, took my time and the last moment they would spot me, I also didn't realize I had to go to that one door. I think that was the big issue. It's not that I didn't manage but I spent too much time there for my liking. 

The narrative difficulty is dumb though. They catch you and just won't kill you, I expected them to reduces guards on lookout etc. for someone who really doesn't play any games. This game world should be playable by everyone. 

Isn’t there difficulty settings? Can’t remember. 

• Ben 1

It's all good I wouldn't have written that if I wasn't drunk, so maybe twinb is right and I don't want to admit I was being impatient at the last part where I always get noticed. I can definitely admit that I had problems with that section though, alc or not. :ben: 

I trust ya if ya say it isn't as bad as the prequel overall.  That's good to hear, I was scared of later sections being like that. 

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
Just now, kaz said:

It's all good I wouldn't have written that if I wasn't drunk, so maybe twinb is right and I don't want to admit I was being impatient at the last part where I always get noticed. I can definitely admit that I had problems with that section though, alc or not. :ben: 

:-*

The piece of DLC, Operation Anchorage in Fallout 3 is the worst piece of content that Bethesda has ever created. 

They decided to cut everything that make Fallout what it is, there is no more inventory management and loot. You get ammo and health from fucking dispensers. Because it takes place in a simulation there's basically invisible walls everywhere and the game funnel you down tunnels with scripted combat sequences that closes down until you kill everyone. It's just fucking stupid.

It doesn't benefit the game in any way and my character build that has 1 point in endurance is really struggling with this piece of shit DLC despite wrecking everything else in the base game. Especially since I choose 'close combat gear' setup by accident and now I'm stuck with it. Just fucking terrible, I almost decided to skip the DLC entirely, but I need to get through this shit. I'll play like 25 minutes at a time maybe so that I don't end up killing myself.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

The piece of DLC, Operation Anchorage in Fallout 3 is the worst piece of content that Bethesda has ever created. 

They decided to cut everything that make Fallout what it is, there is no more inventory management and loot. You get ammo and health from fucking dispensers. Because it takes place in a simulation there's basically invisible walls everywhere and the game funnel you down tunnels with scripted combat sequences that closes down until you kill everyone. It's just fucking stupid.

It doesn't benefit the game in any way and my character build that has 1 point in endurance is really struggling with this piece of shit DLC despite wrecking everything else in the base game. Especially since I choose 'close combat gear' setup by accident and now I'm stuck with it. Just fucking terrible, I almost decided to skip the DLC entirely, but I need to get through this shit. I'll play like 25 minutes at a time maybe so that I don't end up killing myself.

Ramza, this is a love letter; I love you. BUT you are fucking wrong about this game. IT SUCKS. The base game fallout 3 I replayed in 2016 or so and even tho I liked the environments there were only 2 (TWO) characters I liked. First that undead guy in the (bar)?. Second some fucking mutant tied to a side quest, you free him and he does some shit, but the cool part is  the dialogue.

I likethe broken city and underground parts tho, that's a plus for this game

THATS IT. 

Spoiler

ok im drunk see ya, cunt

Edited by kaz
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

How would you compare it to 1and 2? 

All three are god tier action games....

Based on my first play through.  3's combat system and mechanics are the best in the series... 2 was the best overall package with better pacing and a better antagonist (those masked Lumen fights were *chefs kiss*)  and Part 1 is the OG. 

I'll have to play it again on the harder difficulties because that's when everything really shines in Bayonetta ganes. 

But for right now 3 is equal to part 2 and both are batter than 1.

Edited by Goukosan
  • aitch 1
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

All three a god tier action games....

Based on my first play through.  3's combat system and mechanics are the best in the series... 2 was the best overall package with better pacing and a better antagonist (those masked Lumen fights were *chefs kiss*)  and Part 1 is the OG. 

I'll have to play it again on the harder difficulties because that's when everything really shines in Bayonetta ganes. 

But for right now 3 is equal to part 2 and both are batter than 1.

Badass!!