The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

13 hours ago, kaz said:

Ramza, this is a love letter; I love you. BUT you are fucking wrong about this game. IT SUCKS. The base game fallout 3 I replayed in 2016 or so and even tho I liked the environments there were only 2 (TWO) characters I liked. First that undead guy in the (bar)?. Second some fucking mutant tied to a side quest, you free him and he does some shit, but the cool part is  the dialogue.

I likethe broken city and underground parts tho, that's a plus for this game

THATS IT. 

Reveal hidden contents

ok im drunk see ya, cunt

I don't really expect amazing characters out of a Bethesda RPG and I wasn't trying to say that the game is amazing, I was complaining and saying the DLC is the worst thing Bethesda has ever made. lol

I enjoy the game and I love the Fallout series. I could point out everything that is wrong in FO3 more than what it does right but it's still Fallout. 

I have 200 hours + played in FO4 and it's not particularly worse than this. 

And yeah Fawkes the super mutant is pretty funny. But man, the companions in this game are basically accessories that follow you around. I was really scared to bring him to the Brotherhood of Steel at first thinking they would shoot at us on sight but then I realized no one reacts to your companion and they don't seem to have side quest tied to them. It's super lame.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kaz said:

Maybe I try Fallout 4 after I finish Outer Worlds. 

Oh god. Avoid joining the minutemen faction if you don't want to get bogged down in randomly generated settlement missions and building crap. 

The other factions have that too but it's less annoying. 

Finished the main story of Fallout 3 for the first time. Easily the worst main questline in a Bethesda game, let alone Fallout. Just trash. 

At least you can keep playing if you have operation anchorage installed post ending. Usually not the case, but the DLC haven't been all that great (New Vegas DLC were a lot more interesting), Point Lookout new area turned out to be somewhat disappointing. I need to check the alien DLC before I stop playing this game though. 

15 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Nice bro! Excellent PC port. 

Yeah, it's really quite good.  The new RT Shadows are really quite taxing though, you can literally half your FPS just by turning them on.. and in some cases they look way better.. and in other cases they have some weird issues.  Overall probably not worth the performance hit for most people.  The RT Shadows are really hard on the CPU, and unless you've got a top of the line Intel CPU, you instantly notice the hit in the open world, the CPU demands can drop the FPS to like 70-80... but that's where DLSS3 comes into play.

When I got my 4090 I tried DLSS3 in Spider-Man Remastered, and I could notice it felt a little laggy because of the added input latency from the vsync/gsync issue, and DLSS3 had some artifacting you could see on the UI and briefly at other times... but since they updated the drivers and fixed the vsync/gsync with DLSS3, and have since improved their algorithm, it now literally feels just a smooth and responsive as the framerate would suggest.  There's no way I'd play either of these Spider-Man games without it now.  5760x2400 at over 100fps... or 7680x3200 at 60fps locked.  It's crazy :D 

It's pretty impressive how much detail Insomniac put into the city, with tons of NPCs wandering around and detailed cars driving by.  In ultrawide you really get some nice vistas where it's just surprising how much is going on all around you. 

20221126133852-1.jpg

Spider-Man 2 is going to make this look like trash too. :whew: 

Edited by Remij
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

Yeah, it's really quite good.  The new RT Shadows are really quite taxing though, you can literally half your FPS just by turning them on.. and in some cases they look way better.. and in other cases they have some weird issues.  Overall probably not worth the performance hit for most people.  The RT Shadows are really hard on the CPU, and unless you've got a top of the line Intel CPU, you instantly notice the hit in the open world, the CPU demands can drop the FPS to like 70-80... but that's where DLSS3 comes into play.

When I got my 4090 I tried DLSS3 in Spider-Man Remastered, and I could notice it felt a little laggy because of the added input latency from the vsync/gsync issue, and DLSS3 had some artifacting you could see on the UI and briefly at other times... but since they updated the drivers and fixed the vsync/gsync with DLSS3, and have since improved their algorithm, it now literally feels just a smooth and responsive as the framerate would suggest.  There's no way I'd play either of these Spider-Man games without it now.  5760x2400 at over 100fps... or 7680x3200 at 60fps locked.  It's crazy :D 

It's pretty impressive how much detail Insomniac put into the city, with tons of NPCs wandering around and detailed cars driving by.  In ultrawide you really get some nice vistas where it's just surprising how much is going on all around you. 

20221126133852-1.jpg

Spider-Man 2 is going to make this look like trash too. :whew: 

Holy shit! That looks even better than that matrix demo! 

• Like 1

Since finishing Ragnarok I played and finished Stray. What a perfect chill game after Ragnarok. Super simple gameplay but the setting and cool little story really elevate it. Doesn't outstay it's welcome too. Really enjoyed it. 8/10

I then started Pentiment and have played through the first full day of the game (say about an hour or so). Not sure if anyone else here has played or been playing this but this first hour may be some of the slowest most boring start to a game I have ever played and I like graphic novels. There is absolute zero hook atm, nothing to intrigue me on the story or characters or world. It's dry af. The art style impact wears off near instantly given how bland the rest of it is and atm I am absolutely baffled at what the point of anything really is. This got a 10 from IGN right? What the hell am I missing. I shall persevere but regardless this has a horrible start to a game. I'd imagine every casual gamer that booted it to try it to be long gone by now.  

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Since finishing Ragnarok I played and finished Stray. What a perfect chill game after Ragnarok. Super simple gameplay but the setting and cool little story really elevate it. Doesn't outstay it's welcome too. Really enjoyed it. 8/10

I then started Pentiment and have played through the first full day of the game (say about an hour or so). Not sure if anyone else here has played or been playing this but this first hour may be some of the slowest most boring start to a game I have ever played and I like graphic novels. There is absolute zero hook atm, nothing to intrigue me on the story or characters or world. It's dry af. The art style impact wears off near instantly given how bland the rest of it is and atm I am absolutely baffled at what the point of anything really is. This got a 10 from IGN right? What the hell am I missing. I shall preserve but regardless this has a horrible start to a game. I'd imagine every casual gamer that booted it to try it to be long gone by now.  

Let us know if Pentiment gets better. I have gamepass but I still find something off about the game, enough so that Im not sure I want to commit to playing it (especially since its supposedly 15-20 hours long).

Just now, Twinblade said:

Let us know if Pentiment gets better. I have gamepass but I still find something off about the game, enough so that Im not sure I want to commit to playing it (especially since its supposedly 15-20 hours long).

15-20h!!!

I can guarantee you I won't be hanging around for that long unless it gets significantly better.