The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Finished Act 1 and started the next Act on Pentiment. It's slightly better than earlier but honestly not at all impressed with the game and I mean that even within it's genre. Atm I'd say its a 6.5. Practically zero memorable or very engaging characters, story and plot is ok, the gameplay is extremely limited even in a dialogue based detective type game, maneuvering around the world is a pain and the pace is extremely slow. This certainly aint no Disco Elysium. 

So I had to have a break from it as it was boring me and I decided to try Vampire Survivors. 

Holy shit this game is like crack. Was up for 3h playing it. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Just now, madmaltese said:

Finished Act 1 and started the next Act on Pentiment. It's slightly better than earlier but honestly not at all impressed with the game and I mean that even within it's genre. Atm I'd say its a 6.5. Practically zero memorable or very engaging characters, story and plot is ok, the gameplay is extremely limited even in a dialogue based detective type game, maneuvering around the world is a pain and the pace is extremely slow. This certainly aint no Disco Elysium. 

So I had to have a break from it as it was boring me and I decided to try Vampire Survivors

it seems like everyone loves vampire survivors. i should give it a try.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

So I had to have a break from it as it was boring me and I decided to try Vampire Survivors. 

Yeah I think im gonna skip it.

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

it seems like everyone loves vampire survivors. i should give it a try.

Im less hot on it now than I was before. I feel like i've hit a wall and I can't figure out how to progress to the next level, plus i've already earned enough gold to get all of the unlocks so im not feeling the carrot on a stick effect as much.

The first 10-15 hours were a lot of fun though so you can definitely get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im less hot on it now than I was before. I feel like i've hit a wall and I can't figure out how to progress to the next level, plus i've already earned enough gold to get all of the unlocks so im not feeling the carrot on a stick effect as much.

The first 10-15 hours were a lot of fun though so you can definitely get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Can very much see this happening but it is very much a 'here for a good time not a long time' kind of game. That initial gameplay loop that hooks you in when things click is truly superb.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

hmm depends what you’re in the mood for. The Beast Inside is a bit longer and has puzzles as well as some basic combat. The Quarry is light on mechanics and more focused on the cinematic, choice based storytelling.

Does the difficulty setting affect the puzzles in The Beast Inside? Are the QTEs obnoxious in The Quarry? (I have the Xbox version; I should have gotten ps5 version, since I’m used to QTEs with the PS controllers). 

22 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Does the difficulty setting affect the puzzles in The Beast Inside? Are the QTEs obnoxious in The Quarry? (I have the Xbox version; I should have gotten ps5 version, since I’m used to QTEs with the PS controllers). 

I think there's a few more required steps on the harder difficulty when it comes to solving the puzzles. There's not much info out there on what the exact differences are, though.

As for The Quarry, the QTEs aren't that frequent and the timing is pretty forgiving, so you'll be fine with the Xbox controller.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think there's a few more required steps on the harder difficulty when it comes to solving the puzzles. There's not much info out there on what the exact differences are, though.

As for The Quarry, the QTEs aren't that frequent and the timing is pretty forgiving, so you'll be fine with the Xbox controller.

Thanks man!

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Impossible. You don't have all the upgrades available yet. Yet, you don't even have all weapons/characters yet.

I'm almost 30 hours in and nowhere near close to have all upgrades. I have beaten every level many times in multiple modes, including the secret onces.

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Impossible. You don't have all the upgrades available yet. Yet, you don't even have all weapons/characters yet.

I'm almost 30 hours in and nowhere near close to have all upgrades. I have beaten every level many times in multiple modes, including the secret onces.

I unlocked all of the passive upgrades like more health regen, exp bonuses, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more. Im just kind of annoyed right now because i've played through the 5th level so many times (surviving up to the 30 minute mark before the reapers kill me) but i've yet to unlock the next one and the game isn't giving me any indication of what the criteria for that even is.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I unlocked all of the passive upgrades like more health regen, exp bonuses, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more. Im just kind of annoyed right now because i've played through the 5th level so many times (surviving up to the 30 minute mark before the reapers kill me) but i've yet to unlock the next one and the game isn't giving me any indication of what the criteria for that even is.

There are some really hidden stuff in this game. I don't remember, look it up, but there are items on the map, one secret level requires you to pick all items before the time limit, the challenge is reaching them. Check your map, there's usually an item, north, south, east and west on every level. I remember doing some shenanigans to unlock the secret levels but that was a while back so I'm not sure.

You missed out on the boss fight though and the post end characters+new weapons, it's not that big of a deal though if you are tired of it. 

6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

There are some really hidden stuff in this game. I don't remember, look it up, but there are items on the map, one secret level requires you to pick all items before the time limit, the challenge is reaching them. Check your map, there's usually an item, north, south, east and west on every level. I remember doing some shenanigans to unlock the secret levels but that was a while back so I'm not sure.

You missed out on the boss fight though and the post end characters+new weapons, it's not that big of a deal though if you are tired of it. 

I just want a bit of guidance without having to look stuff up. I remember the achievements would straight up tell you that you need to get your character to a specific level to unlock the next stage, then they stopped doing that for some reason.

I finished A Plague Tale: Requiem.

I just want to say: 

Spoiler

:mjcry: 

Spoiler

What an amazing game. The game is very similar to the first one, which is a good thing. 

The story continuation is well done, the character development of Amicia and Hugo is so good for a vidja.

I'm a huge fan of their voice acting work, so much talent,  I said it before about the prequel but they kept the same quality. I wish they would both win awards for that, definitely deserved. It reminded me of Layers of Fear 2 which was the last time I was amazed by the voice acting for the two kids.

I don't want to get into the technical side, it still looked amazing even at low settings. And I just want to praise everyone who worked on this, I think I can safely say we are all hyped up to see what they will do next. :bow:  Asobo Studio :bow: 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, kaz said:

I finished A Plague Tale: Requiem.

I just want to say: 

Reveal hidden contents

:mjcry: 

Reveal hidden contents

What an amazing game. The game is very similar to the first one, which is a good thing. 

The story continuation is well done, the character development of Amicia and Hugo is so good for a vidja.

I'm a huge fan of their voice acting work, so much talent,  I said it before about the prequel but they kept the same quality. I wish they would both win awards for that, definitely deserved. It reminded me of Layers of Fear 2 which was the last time I was amazed by the voice acting for the two kids.

I don't want to get into the technical side, it still looked amazing even at low settings. And I just want to praise everyone who worked on this, I think I can safely say we are all hyped up to see what they will do next. :bow:  Asobo Studio :bow: 

Yeah i've been thinking about it lately and Im pretty sure its going to be my GOTY. The game hits so many highs and it really is such a memorable adventure. Glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah i've been thinking about it lately and Im pretty sure its going to be my GOTY. The game hits so many highs and it really is such a memorable adventure. Glad you enjoyed it.

I’d say Elden Ring is my number one (only souls game that grabbed me). But A Plague Tale is easily a close runner-up. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I’d say Elden Ring is my number one (only souls game that grabbed me). But A Plague Tale is easily a close runner-up. 

Didn't play it yet but I can totally understand your choice, being the first souls game you got into. I wish you would try Demon's Souls too. I mean I know you are a graphics guy and with that remaster on PS5 it's the best time to play it. I'm not a souls crack like some others but I always loved this game for the atmosphere and lore.

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, kaz said:

Didn't play it yet but I can totally understand your choice, being the first souls game you got into. I wish you would try Demon's Souls too. I mean I know you are a graphics guy and with that remaster on PS5 it's the best time to play it. I'm not a souls crack like some others but I always loved this game for the atmosphere and lore.

I actually would love to play it.