The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

On 2022-12-30 at 10:13 AM, Twinblade said:

Playing NMH3. This game is completely fucking bonkers. There’s no way suda wasn’t on drugs when making it :ben: 

My first impression as well. The whole shtick with the aliens was hilarious.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Ramza said:

My first impression as well. The whole shtick with the aliens was hilarious.

I think its great how 

Spoiler

Sometimes you'll start a ranked match to defeat one of the aliens and they end up randomly getting killed by someone else :D This game has some pretty clever moments in how it introduces the 'real' bosses you end up fighting

I do think the game's gameplay loop and structure leave something to be desired though. I much prefer the traditional handcrafted levels with their own themes that you would explore and fight to before getting to the boss. Now you just do those arena fights that practically feel randomly generated. It definitely seems like they had some real budget constraints when making this game.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think its great how 

Hide contents

Sometimes you'll start a ranked match to defeat one of the aliens and they end up randomly getting killed by someone else :D This game has some pretty clever moments in how it introduces the 'real' bosses you end up fighting

I do think the game's gameplay loop and structure leave something to be desired though. I much prefer the traditional handcrafted levels with their own themes that you would explore and fight to before getting to the boss. Now you just do those arena fights that practically feel randomly generated. It definitely seems like they had some real budget constraints when making this game.

I couldn't agree more. I said something very similar when I criticized the game. Still fun but they got to drop the open world shit. 

I finally got around to God of War Ragnarok. Not gonna lie, it had all the same probpems as the first game :ben:

It does make me nostalgic for the old games. To think we could have been fighting spartans, minotaurs and hydras and instead we got igaunas and snot spitting frog-men :9:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Finished No More Heroes 3. Game did end up being a bit of let down.

It starts off quite well, with a slick anime cutscene and crazy intro that really leaves an impression. Its weird and random but still presents a structure to the story and characters.

Unfortunately it goes nowhere and ends up being a incoherent mess overall. Most of the aliens you fight are not at all developed, there are characters that are suddenly introduced and then leave with little to no context, and it feels like Suda's goal was just to be as random and weird as possible without actually putting together a cohesive story.

The combat is average at best but given the game's relatively short length its mostly fine for what it is. The biggest issue is just how half baked the gameplay structure is. You go around the empty open world getting into arena fights or playing mini games to earn enough money to then challenge the next boss. Then you just repeat that over and over again. There's not much else to do in the open world and it feels straight up unfinished. There are areas with huge flat plains and it often feels like they ran out of time or money and were unable to actually fill those spots in with props or things to do.

So yeah even though I did get enjoyment from just how weird and unexpected the game can be at times (the school horror game parody was a highlight), it often feels unfinished and unfocused to its detriment.

6.5/10.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Finished No More Heroes 3. Game did end up being a bit of let down.

It starts off quite well, with a slick anime cutscene and crazy intro that really leaves an impression. Its weird and random but still presents a structure to the story and characters.

Unfortunately it goes nowhere and ends up being a incoherent mess overall. Most of the aliens you fight are not at all developed, there are characters that are suddenly introduced and then leave with little to no context, and it feels like Suda's goal was just to be as random and weird as possible without actually putting together a cohesive story.

The combat is average at best but given the game's relatively short length its mostly fine for what it is. The biggest issue is just how half baked the gameplay structure is. You go around the empty open world getting into arena fights or playing mini games to earn enough money to then challenge the next boss. Then you just repeat that over and over again. There's not much else to do in the open world and it feels straight up unfinished. There are areas with huge flat plains and it often feels like they ran out of time or money and were unable to actually fill those spots in with props or things to do.

So yeah even though I did get enjoyment from just how weird and unexpected the game can be at times (the school horror game parody was a highlight), it often feels unfinished and unfocused to its detriment.

6.5/10.

That's a pretty fair review. I think I appreciate the whacky stuff a bit more than you. I also think the combat is good but you're pretty spot on overall. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I bought Golf Story @-GD-X This game is very fun! Nailing a shot from long distance in particular feels really damn satisfying. 

Yeah, it was my Switch killer app. I also dug the light humor and chill vibe of the game. 

So I was going through this insanely annoying mission in Fallout 76, possibly the most annoyed I have ever been in a Fallout game...

It's an old military nuclear missile silo base, with regenerating bots enemies that keeps spawning non stop and insane laser turrets in every fucking room you enter that just pummels you non stop. It's super long and has tons of boring ass sub mission where you need to repair shit, protect another bot repairing shit and what not. I was almost done, 45 mins in, super annoyed, seething with fucking rage.

And then, the server fails and kicks me out. Came back, I'm now out of the silo and the quest disappeared, which means I would have to start it all over again.

Fuck this game and fuck online gaming. I'm done, uninstalling it.

Maybe I'll get back to it next season but I seriously doubt it. They'd need to make some stellar story content for me to give a shit. 

I need a good single player game now. 

Finished Signalis. Amazing game and a proper silent hill tribute. Made by two people

Spoiler

We won vidja, folks, what's next? world domination? DEUTSCHLAND NUMMER EINS :lawd:

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, kaz said:

Finished Signalis. Amazing game and a proper silent hill tribute. Made by two people

Reveal hidden contents

We won vidja, folks, what's next? world domination? DEUTSCHLAND NUMMER EINS :lawd:

Glad you liked it. Those 2 are really talented and I can't wait to see what they do next.

• Like 1

Played some old games for fun. 

Sonic Adventure, man, I don't remember the controls being this bad. Shit camera too. This game shows the limitations of the Dreamcast controller having only one joy stick. 

Panzer Dragoon Remake. I never played the Saturn originals, I liked Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox but this is just average as fuck. A product of it's time that should stay in the past. 

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines. One of my all time favorite, that voice acting and dialogues are still spectacular. But the game has certainly aged a lot graphically and combined with the shitty gameplay, it's hard to appreciate it as much I used to. 

Final Fantasy X Remaster. This is the one game that my respect for has increased ten folds. Sure, Tidus is still a goofy ass character and the character design is generally awful. But this is the last real FF game that was ever made, with a very refined turn based combat system, good story and a lovely Uematsu soundtrack. It destroys FFVIIR.

Chrono Cross Radiant Dreamer Edition. Doesn't seem to be as buggy as when I played it last-year but it's still far from perfect. Either way, the combat is system is fucking trash. Like this game is the opposite of FFX, I'm totally losing my respect and love for it. It's still really cool, story and art design wise but man, the combat system is not just bad, it's stupid and boring af. 

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Played some old games for fun. 

Sonic Adventure, man, I don't remember the controls being this bad. Shit camera too. This game shows the limitations of the Dreamcast controller having only one joy stick. 

Panzer Dragoon Remake. I never played the Saturn originals, I liked Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox but this is just average as fuck. A product of it's time that should stay in the past. 

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines. One of my all time favorite, that voice acting and dialogues are still spectacular. But the game has certainly aged a lot graphically and combined with the shitty gameplay, it's hard to appreciate it as much I used to. 

Final Fantasy X Remaster. This is the one game that my respect for has increased ten folds. Sure, Tidus is still a goofy ass character and the character design is generally awful. But this is the last real FF game that was ever made, with a very refined turn based combat system, good story and a lovely Uematsu soundtrack. It destroys FFVIIR.

Chrono Cross Radiant Dreamer Edition. Doesn't seem to be as buggy as when I played it last-year but it's still far from perfect. Either way, the combat is system is fucking trash. Like this game is the opposite of FFX, I'm totally losing my respect and love for it. It's still really cool, story and art design wise but man, the combat system is not just bad, it's stupid and boring af. 

You should play VTMB with the unofficial patch.

It improves and adds a bunch of stuff, including content that was already in the game files but ended up being cut from the original release.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You should play VTMB with the unofficial patch.

It improves and adds a bunch of stuff, including content that was already in the game files but ended up being cut from the original release.

I have an unofficial patch installed but I don't think it add any new content. It fixes a lot of issues but it still doesn't make Vampire that much of a smooth experience to play in 2023, you know. 

What's crazy to me is that I haven't forgotten anything about it. I remember everything so far and I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast this morning. I can barely remember some games I've played last-year and here I could probably write you a complete summary of all the quests and story segments of VTMB. Now that is a memorable game.  

Edited by Ramza