The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I have an unofficial patch installed but I don't think it add any new content. It fixes a lot of issues but it still doesn't make Vampire that much of a smooth experience to play in 2023, you know. 

What's crazy to me is that I haven't forgotten anything about it. I remember everything so far and I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast this morning. I can barely remember some games I've played last-year and here I could probably write you a complete summary of all the quests and story segments of VTMB. Now that is a memorable game.  

I pretty much have the haunted house segment at the beginning completely memorized. What a incredible start to the game :smoke: I remember playing through it for the first time and immediately knowing that the game was going to be phenomenal.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I pretty much have the haunted house segment at the beginning completely memorized. What a incredible start to the game :smoke: I remember playing through it for the first time and immediately knowing that the game was going to be phenomenal.

That haunted house used to scare the living shit out of me. :D 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Ramza said:

@Twinblade

Lmao, my algorithm was listening and now I have shit like this in my youtube recommendations. :D 

:kaz: so good. That makes me want to reinstall the game.

Its unfortunate that 2 is pretty much vaporware at this point. But even if it ever comes out there's just no way its going to live up to this one.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

:kaz: so good. That makes me want to reinstall the game.

Its unfortunate that 2 is pretty much vaporware at this point. But even if it ever comes out there's just no way its going to live up to this one.

It's not vaporware per say. It was destroyed by woke activists from inside, the game was very far into development until new management cancelled it because it wasn't woke enough. Or so I heard. 

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Glad you liked it. Those 2 are really talented and I can't wait to see what they do next.

I'm glad you liked the game too! I can't imagine their work balance but I love how they credit both of them for the story. 

They are the Adam and Eva in vidja to me right now. Their next project will blow your mind, trust me. :bow: 

8 hours ago, Ramza said:

It's not vaporware per say. It was destroyed by woke activists from inside, the game was very far into development until new management cancelled it because it wasn't woke enough. Or so I heard. 

No it was the opposite. The game apparently had some incredibly woke writing and themes and that contributed to them firing the original writer (Brian Mitsoda). Then they were in the process of rewriting the game but must have decided that it was better to just revamp entire parts of it and give it to a different studio.

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

No it was the opposite. The game apparently had some incredibly woke writing and themes and that contributed to them firing the original writer (Brian Mitsoda). Then they were in the process of rewriting the game but must have decided that it was better to just revamp entire parts of it and give it to a different studio.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's been subject to many re write already iirc. I'd need to look more into it.

Either way, it's pretty fucking dead now. 

• Like 1

As much as I enjoy Golf Story, it can be frustrating just how vague this game is. It expects you to already know how scoring works in golf, so I pretty much have no clue if im winning or losing during these long courses because it doesn't explain anything. Figuring out how the disc golf works was also annoying because of the controls.

Fun game but could have been tightened up a bit.

@Twinblade

I take back what I said about VTMB. This game still owns. My god. Truly one of the best WRPG of all time. 

I hate to say it but it aged better than my other favorite, New Vegas. Which is just so buggy, even to this day. 

• aitch 1
14 minutes ago, Ramza said:

@Twinblade

I take back what I said about VTMB. This game still owns. My god. Truly one of the best WRPG of all time. 

I hate to say it but it aged better than my other favorite, New Vegas. Which is just so buggy, even to this day. 

Its funny you started replaying the game because last month I was in a gaming lull and thought about playing through it again myself :D And the latest unofficial patch was released just 2 days ago so its impressive how it continues to be supported.

I haven't played the game in 10 years so it must be an even better experience now.

• aitch 1
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its funny you started replaying the game because last month I was in a gaming lull and thought about playing through it again myself :D And the latest unofficial patch was released just 2 days ago so its impressive how it continues to be supported.

I haven't played the game in 10 years so it must be an even better experience now.

Well, I'm just stunned the game isn't crashing every 25 mins and that no questline has bugged yet. :D  

I played that game the month it came out, it was really rough but I liked it so much, I powered through the bugs and shit. I don't think I could do that now though.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Well, I'm just stunned the game isn't crashing every 25 mins and that no questline has bugged yet. :D  

I played that game the month it came out, it was really rough but I liked it so much, I powered through the bugs and shit. I don't think I could do that now though.

Honestly im starting to think they should shelve 2 for now and just remake this one with revamped graphics, refined combat, and an extra layer of polish so there aren't any bugs/glitches. It would be guaranteed to be the best WRPG of whatever year it would come out in.

• Upvote 1

@Twinblade

VTMB stopped working on startup out of the blue. :|

So I downloaded a more recent version of the patch which messed it up even more. Also, my anti virus didn't like that patch at all. Go quite a few warnings. Either way, it didn't work.

This game is cursed. :( 

Oh well, it lives on in my memory. 

24 minutes ago, Ramza said:

@Twinblade

So I downloaded a more recent version of the patch which messed it up even more. Also, my anti virus didn't like that patch at all. Go quite a few warnings. Either way, it didn't work.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Ramza said:

@Twinblade

I had the same problem last time I wanted to replay. And I gave up. I read some versions and/or hardware combinations just cause problems.

Started playing Darkwood, it owns. @Twinblade IDK maybe you might like this, it has actually lore and a (kinda story) so it's not only survival poop but honestly the even that is actually fun.

@-GD-X I remember you said you loved Odyssey? Is it because it's now more closer to witcher 3 with the dialogue options etc? I kind of like it :gasp: Spartans are cool

also I chose Kassandra, don't tell me you played Gaylexio :D 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, kaz said:

I had the same problem last time I wanted to replay. And I gave up. I read some versions and/or hardware combinations just cause problems.

Started playing Darkwood, it owns. @Twinblade IDK maybe you might like this, it has actually lore and a (kinda story) so it's not only survival poop but honestly the even that is actually fun.

@-GD-X I remember you said you loved Odyssey? Is it because it's now more closer to witcher 3 with the dialogue options etc? I kind of like it :gasp: Spartans are cool

gaylexio is a smooth fucker. i banged a bunch of women lol.

• Ben 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

@Twinblade

Your anti virus might have started blocking it originally. You might need to make an exception and point to the game's exe

Also remember that the game was originally made for Windows XP so you can try compatibility mode. Right click on the exe, head to properties, click compatibility, and then enable the option and choose one of the earlier OS options. Example of what it looks like:

image.png.50a7185bc5ed2e7fdc4f6afa7d17e604.png

Also you can just back up your saves and try reinstalling the game.

41 minutes ago, kaz said:

I tried Darkwood and couldn't get into it. I think its a bit vague and relies a bit too much on wandering around and hoping you stumble across the crafting materials you need to progress.