The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I tried Darkwood and couldn't get into it. I think its a bit vague and relies a bit too much on wandering around and hoping you stumble across the crafting materials you need to progress.

That's exactly not the case and I wish you would give it another try.

I would never be hyped or even started the game if I knew there wasn't lore and a story going forward in this game.

Spoiler

The survival mechanics seem fundamental but they are really not meaning you can progress even if you die, you respawn and explore. story relevant areas are time locked and you can explore freely. 

It's still an unforgiving game and you want to survive at best but you don't have to. 

Edited by kaz
6 hours ago, Casual said:

Been playing Chained Echoes the past couple days. This one flew under my radar but one of the best SNES style jrpgs I’ve come across. Some great takes on the genre with a superb battle system. 

Steam users were gushing over this game when it came out. I don't like pixel art much anymore so I didn't pay attention to it.

How's the story and pacing?

11 hours ago, Ramza said:

Steam users were gushing over this game when it came out. I don't like pixel art much anymore so I didn't pay attention to it.

How's the story and pacing?

It's pretty standard JRPG stuff, ragtag group of people that come together for a common cause, the characters are interesting enough so far. Story itself is also fine...nothing mindblowing so far but it's keeping my attention and has potential to go places.

Pacing wise it's been great though, moving stuff along pretty quickly and judging by the average time to beat it seems like it'll continue to be a tight experience. \

It's on gamepass, btw. Worth taking a look - you'll know pretty quickly if it's your thing.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Casual said:

It's pretty standard JRPG stuff, ragtag group of people that come together for a common cause, the characters are interesting enough so far. Story itself is also fine...nothing mindblowing so far but it's keeping my attention and has potential to go places.

Pacing wise it's been great though, moving stuff along pretty quickly and judging by the average time to beat it seems like it'll continue to be a tight experience. \

It's on gamepass, btw. Worth taking a look - you'll know pretty quickly if it's your thing.

Sounds good. Slow pacing can really kill JRPGs for me these days.

I don't have Gamepass and never will, for the record. I'll wait for when it gets on sale for cheap. 

^ damn star citizen looks amazing, too bad this game will never release and stays empty :sad:  at this point they should just give us modding tools and stuff so people can create their own campaigns 

3 hours ago, kaz said:

^ damn star citizen looks amazing, too bad this game will never release and stays empty :sad:  at this point they should just give us modding tools and stuff so people can create their own campaigns 

I think Squadron 42 will release even if Star Citizen is never finished. They’ve shifted most production to Squadron 42 and that’s why it’s taking so long to finish with Star Citizen itself. Sometime around 2019/2020 they decided to stop developing heavily on Star Citizen and focus mainly on Squadron 42 and then have a smaller team working on Star Citizen while the main team focuses on Squadron 42.

I guess the reasoning is that if Squadron 42 launches and it’s a hit the funds from it can go towards funding the rest of Star Citizen and it will also boost confidence in the IP from the general public.

I like Star Citizen but I’m mainly in it for Squadron 42 since I loved the Wing Commander games back in the day.

Plowed through all of Dead Space over the weekend. Took me just over 13 hours so I think it is slightly longer than the original. The few side quests probably contributed to that, but admittedly they're pretty simple and don't add much in the way of content or really anything that interesting for that matter.

It definitely leans more toward the Last of Us Part 1 style of remake, even with the changes. A lot of stuff about the game is familiar, it just looks better and is more refined and polished. The controls for the Zero G segments are much better and easier to deal with. Some of the set pieces were also completely changed for the better (the asteroid shooting segment for example). So ultimately it is very much the definitive version of Dead Space, even if it doesn't do anything that new or groundbreaking. 

I do think for these reasons its a bit overpriced. I payed $60 for the PC version but I was surprised to see that the console versions are $70. Thats just wayyyy too much. I think both versions should have been around $50.

So yeah this is the best way to experience the game especially if you're new to it, but unless you are a huge fan of the original then I wouldn't really consider it a must play or anything.

8/10

• Upvote 2

Eiyuden Chronicles Rising is awesome. Fun charming action sidescroller RPG with a very fast pacing. 

I always thought this game was just a cheap cash-in before the real Eiyuden but this is pretty sweet and makes me even more excited for the real Suikoden like RPG. I believe these guys might just pull it off now that I've played this. 

Also, Sunset Overdrive is some of the fun I had with an Insomniac game. I usually don't like their stuff much, it's not perfect but it's a good open world experience and that's not something I say often. The easy traversal mechanics is pretty cool. I just wish I wasn't constantly being attacked all the time.

• Like 1

Been playing quite a bit of BF2042 on the PS5.

I like the latest update for classes though I'll have to be honest that I miss running around as a medic with an RPG.

Nothing like being able to revive your teammates and at the same time being able to deal with enemy vehicles and armor.

It's an update that needed to be done for balancing issues but I kinda miss a few previous features the game had.

32 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Been playing quite a bit of BF2042 on the PS5.

I like the latest update for classes though I'll have to be honest that I miss running around as a medic with an RPG.

Nothing like being able to revive your teammates and at the same time being able to deal with enemy vehicles and armor.

It's an update that needed to be done for balancing issues but I kinda miss a few previous features the game had.

I've been meaning to try the classes update but admittedly I haven't played the game in a while. The seasons just don't have enough new content, I played S3 when it came out for a few days and then felt like I got my fill of it.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I've been meaning to try the classes update but admittedly I haven't played the game in a while. The seasons just don't have enough new content, I played S3 when it came out for a few days and then felt like I got my fill of it.

Yea, the content is lacking compared to other big shooters I'll admit.

I just find the game fun for all those "Only in Battlefield" moments.

Hoping the next BF game is a lot better than this though. I really miss BF3 and BF4, best BF games ever IMO.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

Yea, the content is lacking compared to other big shooters I'll admit.

I just find the game fun for all those "Only in Battlefield" moments.

Hoping the next BF game is a lot better than this though. I really miss BF3 and BF4, best BF games ever IMO.

Yeah Digital Foundry actually put out a video looking back at BF3 a few weeks ago and I was blown away by how ahead of its time it was from a technical perspective. This was DICE at their best

• aitch 1

DLSS 3 update for Cyberpunk 2077 dropped and now it's possible to get triple digit framerates on the RTX 4090 with everything maxed out at 4K with Psycho RT settings :aitch: . It could only do that on Ultra RT Settings at 4K before and even then it would still drop below 100fps, now it's consistently above 100fps.

:banderoos: I was benchmarking my modded CP2077 game with the update and I took this shot...

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2023.02.02 - 05.01.16.48 (1).jpg

Bonus photomode shots:

195487864_2022-12-27_2257_1(1).thumb.jpg.1a74551d88c35fc96372450874d504a9.jpg

FnT4TxZXEAAs95P.thumb.jpg.ba0a76c975259041be0992e6f0e6a75f.jpg

2022-12-28_0010_1.thumb.jpg.d6afe9bd9e7bc29024adfec5b9fd213e.jpg

FnT9ksrXoAEaAp8.thumb.jpg.45e81fb0bda45fed8a0082368bb46b64.jpg

Edited by FIREPOWER