The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

haha yeah it happens. Comes in waves. Eventually some game will come by that will grab you enough to motivate you again. 

yeah that atomic heart game looks promising.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m totally fine with that tbh. 

I admit I used to be more hyped for the game until I found out that it was open world and apparently 25 hours long. I just want a tightly designed, linear shooter. Not sure why everything needs to be open world nowadays.

58 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I admit I used to be more hyped for the game until I found out that it was open world and apparently 25 hours long. I just want a tightly designed, linear shooter. Not sure why everything needs to be open world nowadays.

Maybe the side missions are skippable. 

So Yakuza Like a Dragon... not really feeling this. Don't get the praise for it.

I'm around Chapter 6 and so far I've found the gameplay to be too basic and the game flow to be terrible. For the first 4 or so Chapters you get like 5 minutes of gameplay and then 20 minutes of cutscene. Rinse and repeat. The cutscenes themselves aren't good because the dialogue ranges from average to bad. Not sure if it's just weird localisation or bad writing but the dialogue in this game is awkward a lot of the time. Don't really find any of the characters interesting either. Especially Ichiban, for all the hype this dude got I like him the least, he's obnoxious in a bad way and too much of an idiot.

Don't think I'm going to stick with this game. It seems overrated as fuck.

Finished Psychonauts 2 today. Great game, the sheer amount of creative art design in each level made it so that it never got old. Every new stage was a treat and the story was awesome, great writing with interesting characters/plot twists.

I got a bit tired of the combat by the end but I had a great time with this overall. A very strong 8/10. 

I'm not a big platformer guy but I got Spyro Collection downloading right now. My experience with the original games was very limited, I think I played the demo once back in the days. I'm in the mood for nostalgia gaming so I hope it does the trick. 

Edited by Ramza
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Finished Psychonauts 2 today. Great game, the sheer amount of creative art design in each level made it so that it never got old. Every new stage was a treat and the story was awesome, great writing with interesting characters/plot twists.

I got a bit tired of the combat by the end but I had a great time with this overall. A very strong 8/10. 

I'm not a big platformer guy but I got Spyro Collection downloading right now. My experience with the original games was very limited, I think I played the demo once back in the days. I'm in the mood for nostalgia gaming so I hope it does the trick. 

I loved revisiting the Spyro remakes :aitch: Probably my favorite 3D platformer series.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I loved revisiting the Spyro remakes :aitch: Probably my favorite 3D platformer series.

had these on my radar for a bit - never really played them back in the day. just saw the trilogy was 12 bucks on steam, downloading now.

feels like i'm juggling way too many games atm but ill add another to the pile.

32 minutes ago, Casual said:

had these on my radar for a bit - never really played them back in the day. just saw the trilogy was 12 bucks on steam, downloading now.

feels like i'm juggling way too many games atm but ill add another to the pile.

Spyro 1 is extremely easy so far. It probably won't distract you from other games too much. 

I also tend to play too many games at once, recently I decided I would only play two games playthrough at the same time. Otherwise I never finish anything, or I force myself to quickly finish games.

Those STEAM sales aren't helping though. Just bought MK11 Ultimate.

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Spyro 1 is extremely easy so far. It probably won't distract you from other games too much. 

I also tend to play too many games at once, recently I decided I would only play two games playthrough at the same time. Otherwise I never finish anything, or I force myself to quickly finish games.

Those STEAM sales aren't helping though. Just bought MK11 Ultimate.

Shiiii I only play one game at a time. 2 or more and I’ll never finish them. 

I almost finished my 2nd playthrough of HiFi Rush. This game was really what i needed. 

Lots of things on my backlog and lots of things coming out soon. I just dont have time to play all the games i want anymore. 

Next game ill actually buy is probably Octopath 2.

• Upvote 1

Is Soul Hackers 2 any good? It's on sale right now and I'm thinking about buying it. I know the dungeons are bland and tedious but that's something I would say about all the SMT games TBH. How bad are the dungeons? No worse than usual or are they actually really bad?

9 hours ago, Sabo said:

Is Soul Hackers 2 any good? It's on sale right now and I'm thinking about buying it. I know the dungeons are bland and tedious but that's something I would say about all the SMT games TBH. How bad are the dungeons? No worse than usual or are they actually really bad?

It's not good. The dungeons are boring maze as usual but that's not the issue.

The game wants you to grind those repetitive and samey looking dungeons for three of the characters. Basically the same dungeon layout and the same enemies you have seen before x 3. It adds a lot of padding on top of a base game that already has quite a lot of filler and a somewhat slow pace.

I guess maybe you could enjoy this game if you can avoid most of it's optional content and rush through it. If you're more of a completionist type though, I'd say avoid it at all cost, the game will drive you mad.

I personally didn't care for the character or story but I started skipping the cutscenes early on so I can't say much more than that when it comes to the narrative. 

For what it's worth, the combat system is quite good, the rest is solid typical SMT fare but there's just too much filler for it's own good. Like it's insulting and it's not challenging enough or something to warrant such a tedious grind. 

11 hours ago, Ramza said:

It's not good. The dungeons are boring maze as usual but that's not the issue.

The game wants you to grind those repetitive and samey looking dungeons for three of the characters. Basically the same dungeon layout and the same enemies you have seen before x 3. It adds a lot of padding on top of a base game that already has quite a lot of filler and a somewhat slow pace.

I guess maybe you could enjoy this game if you can avoid most of it's optional content and rush through it. If you're more of a completionist type though, I'd say avoid it at all cost, the game will drive you mad.

I personally didn't care for the character or story but I started skipping the cutscenes early on so I can't say much more than that when it comes to the narrative. 

For what it's worth, the combat system is quite good, the rest is solid typical SMT fare but there's just too much filler for it's own good. Like it's insulting and it's not challenging enough or something to warrant such a tedious grind. 

LOL I ended up buying it like an hour after I made that previous post. Put about 6 hours into it so far and it's not too bad, I'm enjoying it more than Yakuza Like a Dragon at least. 

Some early impressions:

-The Sabbath system seems like it could be interesting once I unlock some more Skills for it. 

-The Mystique and COMP systems look like they could provide some interesting character build setups so I'm looking forward to messing around with these systems as I get deeper into the game.

-The dungeons are pretty bland but I was already expecting that so they're not bothering me yet.

-I've done quite a few of the side quests and I'd say so far they were quick and simple. A lot of them I've been completing as I'm going through the Main Quest so I'm not really going out of way for them. A lot of them are more like Side Tasks instead of Side Quests so they don't really bother me. 

- Story is pretty straight forward so far. Not good, not bad.

- Characters are a bit of a mixed bag. I like Ringo and Saizo, don't really care for Milady and Arrow. Maybe they'll grow on me.