The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

45 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Demon’s Souls might be harder than Elden Ring because of the lack of support when it comes to summoning and getting into co-op with other players. I imagine it’s community is pretty small right now.

No clue. I’m using a mage guide. There’s definitely way less cheesing now lol. Apparently, the ps5 remake is harder than than the original. I have died a bunch of times, while exploring areas 1- 4. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Demon’s Souls might be harder than Elden Ring because of the lack of support when it comes to summoning and getting into co-op with other players. I imagine it’s community is pretty small right now.

I never coop Souls games, it's unbalanced and ruins boss fights. 

I've beaten DeS offline many times and it's by far the easiest Souls games, except for DS2 but we don't talk about DS2. 

The prison area is awesome. I spent a few hours exploring it. I had gotten far into it, but I made a dumb fall. Fortunately, there are a fuck ton of short cuts back to the area I was at. But…I need a break from it. My eyes are killing me lol

edit: I rescued that prisoner and he’s now at the Nexus. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

I never coop Souls games, it's unbalanced and ruins boss fights. 

I've beaten DeS offline many times and it's by far the easiest Souls games, except for DS2 but we don't talk about DS2. 

You missed out. Demon's Souls online features in particular were mind blowing for its time. I don't know how people could play it offline.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You missed out. Demon's Souls online features in particular were mind blowing for its time. I don't know how people could play it offline.

I’m digging the unknown via solo. I haven’t fought any more bosses yet, so maybe my opinion will change :D 

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Even solo I think the message system, and seeing bloodstains, other players' ghosts, etc is a big part of the experience.

Ohhhh I’ve seen all kinds of hints on the ground. They’ve come in handy. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It's not like I never played it online. I loved playing as the boss in 3-2. People would beg me on PSN to let them pass and shit. 

But it's still trash to coop online. The bosses get wrecked in seconds, the difficulty is out the window. Only an idiot would think it's the superior experience.

9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's not like I never played it online. I loved playing as the boss in 3-2. People would beg me on PSN to let them pass and shit. 

But it's still trash to coop online. The bosses get wrecked in seconds, the difficulty is out the window. Only an idiot would think it's the superior experience.

Can't say I agree. Co-op leads to hilarious moments, like watching the people you summon get wrecked by enemies or bosses. I remember in the original one of my favorite things to do was watching noobs mistime the dragon fire attack on the bridge and die before we even got to the boss at the end.

Games should be fun first and Demon's Souls is more fun with other people. Could care less about the effect that has on the difficulty.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I like it a lot! The first main boss was pretty easy (just used fire bombs and a sword). I like how cohesive it all feels. The short cuts are neat too. 

That's awesome to hear! I'd be curious to see your views when you're done with it since you're going from the largest most modern Souls in ER to the first, core Souls game in DS. I really believe DS holds up incredibly well and in many ways still does thing better than the newer ones. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

That's awesome to hear! I'd be curious to see your views when you're done with it since you're going from the largest most modern Souls in ER to the first, core Souls game in DS. I really believe DS holds up incredibly well and in many ways still does thing better than the newer ones. 

One thing I like is how you can freely move between levels. It’s a lot less linear than I expected. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Can't say I agree. Co-op leads to hilarious moments, like watching the people you summon get wrecked by enemies or bosses. I remember in the original one of my favorite things to do was watching noobs mistime the dragon fire attack on the bridge and die before we even got to the boss at the end.

Games should be fun first and Demon's Souls is more fun with other people. Could care less about the effect that has on the difficulty.

Lol. I guess I have funny online moments like this as well. There's this one time I was playing DeS with Crazy Monkey. There's this room early on in the second (?) world where there are explosive barrels everywhere and one of those fat clown enemies that cast fire spells, I told CM to wait up and went there alone, acting all mighty because it was like my 8th run playing this game. Somehow I messed up and I died in the room. He laughed so fucking much. Good times.

The issue though is not so much that it becomes too easy, it's that it's straight up broken in coop. Bosses are only meant to aggro one person at a time, so the others can just get cheap hits in the back.

When I was playing DS3 it was really bad, there are bosses that the music theme barely had time to start and the fight was already over, how is that more fun? I had no satisfaction playing DS3 and that was because of playing coop with friends. 

I love (and hate) red phantoms invasions, I love seeing messages or phantom on the ground but coop is straight up broken shit.

• Upvote 1

Finished Hogwarts Legacy with 68% completion after 36 hours. I was definitely rushing towards the end because I wanted to finish the game before Ishin dropped.

It was a really good time overall. Definitely has the typical open world bloat, but you recognize early on what type of content you should try to avoid to get to the good stuff. Some of the best story and character content actually does occur in the side quests involving a couple of specific other students. I think if you skip those and just blast through the main story, then you definitely won't get as much enjoyment out of the storytelling.

The main story does leave a bit to be desired, there's just so many characters when it comes to the professors, the villains, students etc and as a result nobody gets the proper backstory or development that they could have. Many of the professors just feel like they exist to increase your collection of spells through the classes. The game thankfully does do a lot when it comes to the gameplay loop, the side quests as I mentioned are pretty good and lead to you discovering new things whether it be spells, beasts for your vivarium, etc. There's actually a huge chunk of the world I didn't explore either, so even though its relatively small by open world standards there's still a lot to see and do. It helps that navigating it either via the broomstick or mountable beasts always feels pretty damn good.

So yeah I think score wise I would give it somewhere between a 8-8.5. Im sure the game will sell an insane amount of copies so a sequel is guaranteed, I just hope that they can focus more on the characters the next time around.

• Upvote 2

The bosses seem easier, so far, in Demon’s Souls. I beat Armored Spider on my first try. 

edit: I thought the lack of safe points would bug me. However, the shortcuts are well spaced out. 

so far, it’s a pretty dope game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • aitch 1