The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

I think 4-2 (ritual path) may be the worst path to a boss loll. So, I went back to flamelurker in 2-2 and beat him pretty easily this time (I think I only got hit twice?). I was too underpowered my first time. 

51 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I think 4-2 (ritual path) may be the worst path to a boss loll. So, I went back to flamelurker in 2-2 and beat him pretty easily this time (I think I only got hit twice?). I was too underpowered my first time. 

That’s the level where you have to follow those narrow paths along the cliffside and there’s enemies that can cause you to easily fall off right? That area was fucked up :D 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That’s the level where you have to follow those narrow paths along the cliffside and there’s enemies that can cause you to easily fall off right? That area was fucked up :D 

Yup! :D I almost made it to the boss, but the damn reaper (the one that’s hiding) always gets me, even when I use distraction tricks. 

Pretty cool thing happened. Anyhow, I was looking for Yuria, but found an old knight in a cell. I released him. I later accidentally stumbled upon The Penetrator boss and the knight joined the fight and kept aggro-ing him for me. That ended up being the fastest and easiest boss battle. I wonder how it would have played out solo. Oh, there’s a change for how to save Yuria in the remake. Instead of having the official’s cap, you need all of his equipment. Fortunately, I’ve been exploring everything, thoroughly, and had all of the pieces. I’m assuming the devs did this to make fooling the official, who drops the steps, more believable. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Damn you plowed through that bitch real quick :ben:  Prior knowledge from Elden Ring probably helped a lot I imagine.

Oh yeah. You can see where ER got a lot of its inspiration from. DS is basically a tighter, more focused, ER. Both games use a lot of the same tactics. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Well damn, I made a lot of progress. I’m about to face the final boss of Demon’s Souls. What a wild ride! 

How'd you like valley of defilement? the ps5 remake maiden astraea ost is worse than the og but man, that fight is my fav :mjcry:  

Spoiler

did you you beat garl vinland or fought your way through the aids babies river :kaz: :mjcry:   

don't worry the biggest hit is yet to come

1 hour ago, kaz said:

How'd you like valley of defilement? the ps5 remake maiden astraea ost is worse than the og but man, that fight is my fav :mjcry:  

Hide contents

did you you beat garl vinland or fought your way through the aids babies river :kaz: :mjcry:   

don't worry the biggest hit is yet to come

Ha, I fought him. I stunned him, ran past him, and killed the broad. I think the Swamp of Sorrow, Prison of Hope and Upper Latria were my favorite areas. In many ways, I prefer the levels over the bosses. The battles were mostly on the easier side. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Ha, I fought him. I stunned him, ran past him, and killed the broad. I think the Swamp of Sorrow, Prison of Hope and Upper Latria were my favorite areas. In many ways, I prefer the levels over the bosses. The battles were mostly on the easier side. 

The lore about the area is just so good and the slight revelation when you do the last boss. I mean it is 

Spoiler

a gimmick fight in a game where most bosses are gimmicks, it's not even a fight. But it is still my fav, because of all the shit you see, and wade through those swamps, meet the filthy vendor woman crying about her babies and then finally get past garl vinland the last protector and then just ruin them by slaying astraea. I had tears in my eyes when I first did this boss,  they just wanted to be left alone and you are the bad guy :mjcry: 

when you enter the fog and the music starts playing and you see the dreglings on the cliff praying :mjcry:  the ps3 version was more emotional to me. 

But yea, the areas - the overall exploration is the big part of course. glad you enjoy this game, man. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kaz said:

The lore about the area is just so good and the slight revelation when you do the last boss. I mean it is 

Hide contents

a gimmick fight in a game where most bosses are gimmicks, it's not even a fight. But it is still my fav, because of all the shit you see, and wade through those swamps, meet the filthy vendor woman crying about her babies and then finally get past garl vinland the last protector and then just ruin them by slaying astraea. I had tears in my eyes when I first did this boss,  they just wanted to be left alone and you are the bad guy :mjcry: 

when you enter the fog and the music starts playing and you see the dreglings on the cliff praying :mjcry:  the ps3 version was more emotional to me. 

But yea, the areas - the overall exploration is the big part of course. glad you enjoy this game, man. 

I can safely say it’s in my top 5 games now. 

10 minutes ago, kaz said:

this game is amazing and so are you WOW :-*

:-*It truly is. I just finished it. I was scared af when 

Spoiler

There was another old king battle. But he was some fat slob lol. 

Godly game and I would dare say it’s nearly perfect. I’m tempted to do new game + to platinum it, but I already put in a good 30 hours. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Reveal hidden contents

Godly game and I would dare say it’s nearly perfect. I’m tempted to do new game + to platinum it, but I already put in a good 30 hours. 

30 hours means you are a GODGAMER. imagine all those pussy ass fgts yelling git gud and you just BLAST THROUGH. :kaz: 

damn, yea, I mentioned that one last disgusting display of a worm turned into a fight. I love it though. The music is godlike. sorry I have to post the ps3 version one. 

• aitch 1

Octopath Traveler 2 is godly. Very similar to the first game but somehow the small changes makes it a better game to me. There's a limit break like skill that is unique to every character, you now have two special skill that you can use for NPCs outside of combat depending on day and night cycle (which you can switch at any time), you can go on water with a canoe and some minor QOL improvements. 

Still very similar overall but it flows nicely so far, I play a lot of RPGs and this is one of the best I've played in a while. First 2023 release I buy and it's excellent, I'm very happy. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours into Ishin. I don't know how the Yakuza studio does it, but here we are with yet another game in the series and once again im obsessed with it :D The formula just doesn't get old for me and still manages to be surprising and engaging every single time. Its the one open world series that throws checklists at you but manages to make all that stuff fun and rewarding to complete. Looking forward to putting several dozen more hours into it.

16 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Hide contents

Had a great time reading your updates on this one man, what a classic game - wish I could experience again for the first time.

You planning on doing Dark Souls?

• Like 1