The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Sekiro might honestly be the hardest Souls/Souls-like game at least for me. The sword combat focused around parries and precise timing was really demanding. And unlike the other games there's no opportunities to just cheese your way through. You either git gud or you're fucked.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Sekiro might honestly be the hardest Souls/Souls-like game at least for me. The sword combat focused around parries and precise timing was really demanding. And unlike the other games there's no opportunities to just cheese your way through. You either git gud or you're fucked.

Yeah, I watched some vids. I think the souls series is about as challenging as I’d like a game to be. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Started Wolong. Feels like a Nioh lite tbh. Far more action based and significantly easier but still fairly fun so far. 

Yeah. On chapter 4 myself. It’s solid enough, it’s like nioh meets sekiro with a much more forgiving parry window. Never been a huge fan of the loot (or anything other than the combat, honestly) in nioh but it’s fun for now. 

4 minutes ago, Casual said:

Yeah. On chapter 4 myself. It’s solid enough, it’s like nioh meets sekiro with a much more forgiving parry window. Never been a huge fan of the loot (or anything other than the combat, honestly) in nioh but it’s fun for now. 

Spot on. It's got an incredibly forgiving parry window which makes it a lot more accessible. 

I like the whole loot stuff about Nioh (and this) so that's a positive for me. I'll defs try and make my way through the game. Just doesn't have that satisfying feeling that Souls and Nioh games usually have. 

:aitch: Been playing a lot  GT7 in PSVR2, it's very addicting.

The feel of being in an actual racing car is unmatched and it's impossible for me to go back to racing on a standard flatscreen after experiencing this,

A short clip of my gameplay i uploaded to twitter. Forgive the 720p since PS5 only uploads in 720p to twitter.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • aitch 1

I can’t stop playing Souls games. My copy of 3 arrived and I’m going to fire it up this weekend. I skipped 2 because, aside from one really cool boss, I didn’t like the artistic vibe. However, 3 is gorgeous. It’s like a more sinister and gothic take on the first. 

• Upvote 1
  • Geese 1
14 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I can’t stop playing Souls games. My copy of 3 arrived and I’m going to fire it up this weekend. I skipped 2 because, aside from one really cool boss, I didn’t like the artistic vibe. However, 3 is gorgeous. It’s like a more sinister and gothic take on the first. 

:lul:

• Haha 1
On 3/3/2023 at 11:22 PM, Twinblade said:

Finished Atomic Heart. The story was nonsense overall and the ending made no sense.  

The world and gameplay in general fair better and keep the game mostly entertaining throughout, and are helped by the sharp visuals and surprisingly good soundtrack.  

But ultimately it does fall short of its potential. There’s actually not as many weapons or powers as you’d expect from a game that tries to mimic Bioshock so it does sometimes feel repetitive and is nowhere near as dynamic as that series. And as mad and myself already mentioned in the other thread, the design of the open world is pretty bad and leaves a lot to be desired. Exploring it isn’t enjoyable thanks to the annoying respawning enemies and it’s missing basic features like being able to place waypoints on the map which is a pretty ridiculous omission. You’d think that would be one of the first things they would implement in an open world game…

So yeah I had a decent time with it despite the issues but there’s a lot of room for improvement.

7/10

I finished it a few days ago as well. It really is just bioslav but I kind of enjoyed the ending. The abilities are boring but I was never a fan of bioshocks abilities either. Some were clever but the standard "let me freeze you" and shit got boring quick and bioshock also had shitty weapons lol. I remember in Infinite the only one I liked was that raven attack, I just spammed that and easily picked off my targets. 

I really enjoyed two boss fights

Spoiler

The Hedgie one and the one right before the lighthouse :kaz: :kaz:  i fucking laughed all the way from there on. I was like yea, slavus, just take bioshock one, give the main character some ominous agent name and let him repeat the phrase "crispy critters" :kaz: 

P-3 even said something like "looks nice, a rapture" when he was in the evelator revealing neptune. 

but I still enjoyed the ending. There are 3 endings and the good one is basically quitting when you talk to that hag zina or whatever her name was. I kept going of course and got the bad ending where... (in case you didn't see it and chose to quit) 

Spoiler

charles basically takes over and it is implied he destroys humanity. I liked that plot twist honestly, nothing too special but yea. also the whole war trauma of Plutonium-3, his erased wifes memories and the catch phrase to keep him from losing his mind because his brain was fighting off the limbo stuff etc.

the fact that they let you quit the game early is weird but i respect that, not many games have the balls to just call it quits and in a way its realistic, at this point after he shredded Larisa in that elevator he just wanted to blow his brains out and be over with it lmfao. 

7 minutes ago, kaz said:

I finished it a few days ago as well. It really is just bioslav but I kind of enjoyed the ending. The abilities are boring but I was never a fan of bioshocks abilities either. Some were clever but the standard "let me freeze you" and shit got boring quick and bioshock also had shitty weapons lol. I remember in Infinite the only one I liked was that raven attack, I just spammed that and easily picked off my targets. 

I really enjoyed two boss fights

Hide contents

The Hedgie one and the one right before the lighthouse :kaz: :kaz:  i fucking laughed all the way from there on. I was like yea, slavus, just take bioshock one, give the main character some ominous agent name and let him repeat the phrase "crispy critters" :kaz: 

P-3 even said something like "looks nice, a rapture" when he was in the evelator revealing neptune. 

but I still enjoyed the ending. There are 3 endings and the good one is basically quitting when you talk to that hag zina or whatever her name was. I kept going of course and got the bad ending where... (in case you didn't see it and chose to quit) 

Hide contents

charles basically takes over and it is implied he destroys humanity. I liked that plot twist honestly, nothing too special but yea. also the whole war trauma of Plutonium-3, his erased wifes memories and the catch phrase to keep him from losing his mind because his brain was fighting off the limbo stuff etc.

the fact that they let you quit the game early is weird but i respect that, not many games have the balls to just call it quits and in a way its realistic, at this point after he shredded Larisa in that elevator he just wanted to blow his brains out and be over with it lmfao. 

Thats a weird way to handle things

Spoiler

If the intention is to quit before you make either choice. That doesn't exactly make for a fullfiling game. I do think they could have handled that better

Can't say I was a big fan of the boss fights either. The first one was cool because of how its animations and how it traversed around you, but in general the bosses just felt like bullet sponges with way too much health.

• Ben 1
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats a weird way to handle things

Hide contents

If the intention is to quit before you make either choice. That doesn't exactly make for a fullfiling game. I do think they could have handled that better

Can't say I was a big fan of the boss fights either. The first one was cool because of how its animations and how it traversed around you, but in general the bosses just felt like bullet sponges with way too much health.

Spoiler

They were easy boss fights, but I enjoyed the hedige rolling around and the design and area of the "whale" boss fight. 

And yea like I said, they let you quit and I said it's a weird decision but also I really respect that. Like I mentioned the guy just had enough, it's more of a gimmick thing in my opinion. If someone really chooses this to quit and the game ends, they would be like what the fuck and reload the save :ben:  

also I don't really like to rate games with numbers but I think if you didn't like the ending and hated the bosses your rating seems a bit off? 7/10? :ben: 

Edited by kaz