The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I can’t stop playing Souls games. My copy of 3 arrived and I’m going to fire it up this weekend. I skipped 2 because, aside from one really cool boss, I didn’t like the artistic vibe. However, 3 is gorgeous. It’s like a more sinister and gothic take on the first. 

I feel like you’re gonna enjoy 3 the most, just based on the things you’ve pointed out about the others. 

• aitch 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

9 hours ago, kaz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They were easy boss fights, but I enjoyed the hedige rolling around and the design and area of the "whale" boss fight. 

And yea like I said, they let you quit and I said it's a weird decision but also I really respect that. Like I mentioned the guy just had enough, it's more of a gimmick thing in my opinion. If someone really chooses this to quit and the game ends, they would be like what the fuck and reload the save :ben:  

also I don't really like to rate games with numbers but I think if you didn't like the ending and hated the bosses your rating seems a bit off? 7/10? :ben: 

The open world was poorly designed and filled with annoyances. That can't be ignored.

and 7/10 is a good score by my rating scale. I could love a game and think its only a 8 or 8.5.

• Ben 1
3 hours ago, Casual said:

I feel like you’re gonna enjoy 3 the most, just based on the things you’ve pointed out about the others. 

It definitely makes a great first impression. That first boss was cool looking! Also, the combat feels faster and more fluid. Artistically, this game is gorgeous! As a whole, I feel like it’s a mix of the other Soul games I’ve played, like the return of a hub like Demon’s. Fast travel from the start is definitely pretty convenient. However…and this is surprising of me to say…but I liked the lack of fast travel (well for the first half) of 1. I think it made finding shortcuts that much more rewarding. 

• Upvote 1

Put about 10 hours into Octopath Traveler II and it's alright.

The stories for the characters I've experienced so far range from decent to "I really don't give a shit". Despite the claims that the writing in this game is supposedly better (never played the first so I don't know) I'd have to say the game is definitely getting carried by the combat so far. Maybe the story will take center stage and improve as I get further into the game but right now I'd say it's pretty generic stuff.

• Upvote 1

@Twinblade that's what I mean with your rating being off, you hated so much of it - the story is nosense in your opinion, the ending, the choice to quit, the skills, the bosses, the overworld - so a 7/10 seems awfully high. :ben:  but it's ok man. 

@-GD-X damn dude, I haven't played DS3 yet. but i was listening to some of the soundtrack and seen a few boss fights. Now I wanna play too.

• aitch 1
6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

It definitely makes a great first impression. That first boss was cool looking! Also, the combat feels faster and more fluid. Artistically, this game is gorgeous! As a whole, I feel like it’s a mix of the other Soul games I’ve played, like the return of a hub like Demon’s. Fast travel from the start is definitely pretty convenient. However…and this is surprising of me to say…but I liked the lack of fast travel (well for the first half) of 1. I think it made finding shortcuts that much more rewarding. 

Yeah I hear you. There’s definitely still shortcuts but they’re far more contained to smaller sections. The world can feel a lot more linear sometimes as a result. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, kaz said:

@Twinblade that's what I mean with your rating being off, you hated so much of it - the story is nosense in your opinion, the ending, the choice to quit, the skills, the bosses, the overworld - so a 7/10 seems awfully high. :ben:  but it's ok man. 

@-GD-X damn dude, I haven't played DS3 yet. but i was listening to some of the soundtrack and seen a few boss fights. Now I wanna play too.

It looks and sounds great! Join me! 

Finished Ishin after 47 hours. Solid game overall, though it definitely did lose some steam after the 30 hour mark for me. While the setting was a cool change of pace it also brings its own limitations when it comes to the mini games and the side content in general.

But im even more excited for the next game now. I think there's another spin off focused on Kiryu coming out later this year, and then next year we'll get a main entry with Yakuza 8.

started playing the evil within. I hated the intro and the controls are absolute ass. I hate the stupid stealth part and not having enough ammo, I hope I get to blast through later lol.  I'm in chapter 5 I think

Spoiler

that part in the dark halls/rooms with many invisible enemies is pretty cool though. you only know where they are if they bump into tables and seats or step into puddles

26 minutes ago, kaz said:

started playing the evil within. I hated the intro and the controls are absolute ass. I hate the stupid stealth part and not having enough ammo, I hope I get to blast through later lol.  I'm in chapter 5 I think

Reveal hidden contents

that part in the dark halls/rooms with many invisible enemies is pretty cool though. you only know where they are if they bump into tables and seats or step into puddles

I liked 2 more. It gave me old school survival horror vibes. 

10 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Cleared out all of Undead Settlement (boss included). That was an ownage area! I

The Road of Sacrifices and The Keep are owning. Taking my time with each area NPC, though. 

Making me want to play DS3 again. Actually I gotta do a DS1 playthrough but I've been waiting for it to hit steam sale (I have Remastered for PS4).

Undead Settlement is such a cool area, great intro to the game. The Keep, imo, is a bit of a lowpoint of the game, but it's still solid.

What weapons you using?

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, Casual said:

Making me want to play DS3 again. Actually I gotta do a DS1 playthrough but I've been waiting for it to hit steam sale (I have Remastered for PS4).

Undead Settlement is such a cool area, great intro to the game. The Keep, imo, is a bit of a lowpoint of the game, but it's still solid.

What weapons you using?

I alternate between a Uchigatana +3 and Great Soul Arrow. The combo has been doing me pretty well, though, I have died a few times when battling Crystal Sage. Phase 1 is fine. Phase 2 fucks me up. I have a decent shield (75 magic protection) . I'm going to try other approaches later. I agree that The Keep, while cool, isn't as rich in meaningful content as Undead.

Next co-op game I am playing is Prodeus.

Pretty fucking awesome. And you can maintain a conversation with your co-op buddy without having to think too much about the game, or read stuff, or do tasks that require strict coordination.

Just frag away.

13 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Started The Quarry

the game is as good, and as elaborate, as you make it. i recommend using a guide on your second/third playthroughs, if you want to see some pretty big changes in the story.

• Like 1

I just reached the catacombs in Dark Souls 3. So far, I've beaten 7 main bosses (one super hard one - Dancer - that I didn't know was a late game boss, which explains why I died like 20 times in the process lol). It took a little farming (I found the godliest spot - right after beating Dancer), but I now have a pretty sick INT/DEX hybrid build, with enough strength to use solid swords and shields. I have ok armor, but I don't want to go heavier since I don't want to fat roll (is that even politically correct to say now? lol). Anyhow, I can see how this was a pre-template for Elden Ring. Structurally, on a gameplay/QoL level, they are almost identical. This game, so far, has a lot less bloat, though.

• Upvote 1