The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

31 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I just reached the catacombs in Dark Souls 3. So far, I've beaten 7 main bosses (one super hard one - Dancer - that I didn't know was a late game boss, which explains why I died like 20 times in the process lol). It took a little farming (I found the godliest spot - right after beating Dancer), but I now have a pretty sick INT/DEX hybrid build, with enough strength to use solid swords and shields. I have ok armor, but I don't want to go heavier since I don't want to fat roll (is that even politically correct to say now? lol). Anyhow, I can see how this was a pre-template for Elden Ring. Structurally, on a gameplay/QoL level, they are almost identical. This game, so far, has a lot less bloat, though.

Damn bro, you beat Dancer hella early! Good shit.

Int/Dex is a solid build in DS3...might be the best Souls game to run that build.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Casual said:

Damn bro, you beat Dancer hella early! Good shit.

Int/Dex is a solid build in DS3...might be the best Souls game to run that build.

thanks man! yeah, my lothrick knight sword +7 (i forget what my shield is) is great for fast moving opponents. magic sucks when there's too much movement. though, it's godly for slower battles.  my sorcerer's cast is +9 and i have 40 int. i can melt a lot of enemies. i'd be even more powerful if i had access to the crystal spells. those OWN!

On 3/12/2023 at 3:19 PM, -GD-X said:

@JonbX @Jerrys Hair Line

you both would love Dark Souls 3. It has the QoL of Elden Ring, and it’s a blast (so far).  It’s 60 fps on ps5/series X. 

I have it on PC. Beat the first boss and died a few times after that and just never went back to it. Ill get to it eventually but not in a hurry to try it again.

15 minutes ago, JonbX said:

I have it on PC. Beat the first boss and died a few times after that and just never went back to it. Ill get to it eventually but not in a hurry to try it again.

the beginning is a bit daunting. however, once you get in the groove, it's extremely fair and awesome.

I was never really a big fan of DarkSouls games. I really did like Elden Ring. Im playing WoLong now and i really like that too. So at some point ill get back to DS3. Im not always in a mood where im fine replaying the same shit over and over after dying.

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

I was never really a big fan of DarkSouls games. I really did like Elden Ring. Im playing WoLong now and i really like that too. So at some point I’ll get back to DS3. Im not always in a mood where im fine replaying the same shit over and over after dying.

I get it man. Each game always takes a bit to grab me. But once they do, it’s like crack! 

Yeah i wasnt expecting to like Elden Ring but its one of my fav games ever. Wo Long i was expecting not to like to much either but i love the combat in the game and the boss battles are super fun.

I just get annoyed with replaying shit. Like if i die at a boss and you have to run through a bunch of shit to get back to the boss again. Its just disrespects my time. I tried DSremake on PS5 and i couldnt get into that either. It just felt dated to me.

21 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Yeah i wasnt expecting to like Elden Ring but its one of my fav games ever. Wo Long i was expecting not to like to much either but i love the combat in the game and the boss battles are super fun.

I just get annoyed with replaying shit. Like if i die at a boss and you have to run through a bunch of shit to get back to the boss again. Its just disrespects my time. I tried DSremake on PS5 and i couldnt get into that either. It just felt dated to me.

3 has a shit load of save points. it's basically Souls Ring. But yeah, wait until you are in the mood for it. check out some of the bosses. the designs are gorgeous!

I definitely dig the gothic makeover Anor Londo got. Though, there’s a part of me that feels like certain sections took a little too much inspiration from Bloodborne’s art design (and ambushes). No doubt, though, this area is gorgeous! The game is feeling like Souls Borne Ring lol, but that’s not a bad thing. I guess I miss how sections of Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls felt so distinct and memorable. This almost feels like a greatest hits compilation with some sweet remixes bundled in. Undead Settlement is still my favorite area. That one was definitely memorable. Let’s see how the rest plays out.  Oh, and those 2 gator fucks were…fucks. They were more annoying than the bosses lol. 

• Upvote 1

Slowly making my way through the Afrika Korps campaign in Company Of Heroes 3. Still early into it but i've noticed that unlike the last 2 games on the default difficulty, enemy squads and vehicles don't attack your positions as often. So instead of having to balance attacking and defending, you can just focus on dumping all of your troops and resources into attacking. Makes things easier to manage for RTS noobs like me.

I do hope they patch the zoom levels at some point. The default feels so claustrophobic at times.

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Little over 25 hours into Octopath Traveler 2 and I've pretty much lost all interest in the game. Don't think I'm going to stick with it because I don't see it getting any better.

You platinumed the snooze fest that was Soul Hacker 2 but can't get through chapter 2 in Octopath? Damn, lol.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

You platinumed the snooze fest that was Soul Hacker 2 but can't get through chapter 2 in Octopath? Damn, lol.

Actually I was around Chapter 3 last I checked.. 

I enjoyed the combat a lot more in Soul Hackers 2. I also enjoyed the characters a lot more, OT2's cast just feel like generic stock templates in comparison. Not to mention Soul Hackers 2 actually has an engaging plot. Sure, it's simple and straight forward but it does a much better job of driving the game forward compared to OT2's lack of a plot.

OT2's combat, its biggest strength, is actually pretty shallow and horribly balanced when you spend more time with it. Boost and Break are cool ideas but that's all they are, they're just cool ideas. They're not tuned or balanced properly so the entire combat system is extremely lopsided into the players favor. This makes for a very boring experience because the player just keeps getting stronger and stronger and the game's difficulty gets left in the dust. Doesn't help that the combat is solved within the first 10 hours and from then on the combat just becomes very routine. Not even Boss fights pose much of a threat. There were quite a few that made me go, "Wait, THAT was a Boss? LOL" 

So I dunno what else to tell you besides I just don't like it, dude. All this game did for me was reconfirm that Nintendo exclusives are overrated as fuck. And this is SUPPOSE to be BETTER than OT1. I'm unimpressed and feel cheated out of 60 bucks.

4 hours ago, Sabo said:

Actually I was around Chapter 3 last I checked.. 

I enjoyed the combat a lot more in Soul Hackers 2. I also enjoyed the characters a lot more, OT2's cast just feel like generic stock templates in comparison. Not to mention Soul Hackers 2 actually has an engaging plot. Sure, it's simple and straight forward but it does a much better job of driving the game forward compared to OT2's lack of a plot.

OT2's combat, its biggest strength, is actually pretty shallow and horribly balanced when you spend more time with it. Boost and Break are cool ideas but that's all they are, they're just cool ideas. They're not tuned or balanced properly so the entire combat system is extremely lopsided into the players favor. This makes for a very boring experience because the player just keeps getting stronger and stronger and the game's difficulty gets left in the dust. Doesn't help that the combat is solved within the first 10 hours and from then on the combat just becomes very routine. Not even Boss fights pose much of a threat. There were quite a few that made me go, "Wait, THAT was a Boss? LOL" 

So I dunno what else to tell you besides I just don't like it, dude. All this game did for me was reconfirm that Nintendo exclusives are overrated as fuck. And this is SUPPOSE to be BETTER than OT1. I'm unimpressed and feel cheated out of 60 bucks.

Soul Hacker 2 story/characters was just dumb Japanese anime drivel to me. I barely gave it a chance to be honest but whatever.

I'm not that far into Octopath, I finally got the whole cast and I started going through their new chapters. Their tales are not the most memorable but I like the narrative, it hasn't put me off to sleep yet. I still don't like how it's a bunch of disjointed tales and the party doesn't have a sense of camaraderie but that's a topic I don't care enough to get into. The story is fine to me anyhow. 

Dunno what you're talking about man because OT2 combat system is really good to me. Kinda redundant in some ways but I still like that pacing. Difficulty has definitely been on the easier said now, even when leveling every party member equally but that hasn't bothered me too much so far. It hasn't been too easy that it becomes completely braindead. You still get rewarded for playing well.

Not sure what you've heard but OT1 and OT2 are pretty much identical games.

SH2's cast are tropey but they're also actual characters. That makes all the difference to me. In SH2, I'm controlling a party of actual characters. In OT2, I felt like I was controlling a bunch of NPCs. Its also hilarious you can literally recruit actual NPCs and they will fit right in with the cast and don't look out of place LOL...

46 minutes ago, Sabo said:

SH2's cast are tropey but they're also actual characters. That makes all the difference to me. In SH2, I'm controlling a party of actual characters. In OT2, I felt like I was controlling a bunch of NPCs. Its also hilarious you can literally recruit actual NPCs and they will fit right in with the cast and don't look out of place LOL...

OCT2 has fine characters on their own, they just don't come off as very interesting outside of their story scenario. That's the problem with Octopath narrative structure, character feels like they are just tagging along for their own goals. It doesn't develop into one cohesive storyline and a tight group of intricate characters with different personalities that plays out one one another. 

It's not the biggest issue for me but I understand where you are coming from. 

Finished Dark Souls 3. Damn…the last two main bosses were a bitch lol. Though, I liked that I was forced to change up my tactics throughout each battle. Overall, this was a pretty awesome game. Yeah, it takes a lot from earlier titles (and refines them), but I still felt like there was enough to feel like an evolution in the series. In terms of difficulty, it’s weird. It’s easier and harder than Dark Souls 1. The enemies move/hit faster and some of the bosses legit had me dying a lot (mainly, the last 2). I haven’t played DS 2, so I can’t compare it to that. Maybe one day I’ll play the “black sheep” of the series. Do I like DS 3 better than the Demon’s and DS 1? Nah, but it’s pretty close. I still love the raw and tighter feel of Demon’s and the interconnectivity of DS 1. So far, my experience with these titles has been an amazing one, changing the way I view games as a whole. 

• Upvote 1