The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I was in the mood for something different so I bought this indie game that I had my eye on for a while. Its pretty much the ultimate junk food dopamine hit. The whole gameplay loop is you going around breaking shit for materials, using them to craft upgrades and items, occasionally killing zombies, and then repeating all that for supposedly 50+ hours. Not sure ill play it for that long but its fun to just pick up and play in short bursts

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

I think I’m finally bloodborne’d out. I never got around to replaying the dlc. Maybe in a few months. I looked into sekiro…and the monkey boss fight looked silly. Mind you, I’m someone who thought the sif fight in dark souls owned. I think I’m going to pass on the game. I watched a good amount of vids, hoping to get excited for it, and the main areas seem simple and devoid of worthy exploration. I’m just not feeling the vibe (based on what I’ve seen). I’m considering doing the ds3 dlc. 

yeah sekiro generally lacks the exploration of the soulsborne games. its areas are very self contained and it's much more focused on the action. so if that's not your jam, you made the right call.

DS/DS3 DLCs are both great options.

• Upvote 1

Been playing FFVI pixel remaster. Been a while since I played through this game, they did a great job with the updates. Being able to pump the XP up a bit (especially when you're trying to get your party to learn spells) makes it a lot more manageable to just casually play through. Amazing game all things considered, probably my favourite JRPG. Not sure what other ones I'll check out - probably go through 4, haven't played that in forever. Never played 1-3 so I might check out one of those at some point just to see where it all started.

• Upvote 1

kinda got bored with doom eternal, so I started dishonored 2 expansion: death of the outsider and it's just as brilliant as the main game. 

dishonored easily one of my fav IPs, so much cool lore to read and the gameplay is just fun, and I usually end up killing every guard, I only spare civilians even though I do a sneaky approach first. 

high chaos -> low chaos :dreamy: 

• Upvote 1

I don't think I've played a baseball game since the early PS2 era, but I've been watching a lot of Jomboy Media stuff over the last year and figured I'd fuck around in The Show 23 a bit.

Their version of Ultimate Team is so fucking good. Showdowns are awesome, the conquest stuff is awesome, mini-leagues are great to just mess with for a quick game or two, and all the different progression systems you're contributing to make opening packs a really common occurrence. In like two weeks of pretty casual play I have a team full of 90+ big name players. My fucking outfield is Bryce Harper, Ken Griffey Jr., and Sammy Sosa and I haven't spent a dime on microtransactions.

Some day I'll beat RE4. :downs:

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

I don't think I've played a baseball game since the early PS2 era, but I've been watching a lot of Jomboy Media stuff over the last year and figured I'd fuck around in The Show 23 a bit.

Their version of Ultimate Team is so fucking good. Showdowns are awesome, the conquest stuff is awesome, mini-leagues are great to just mess with for a quick game or two, and all the different progression systems you're contributing to make opening packs a really common occurrence. In like two weeks of pretty casual play I have a team full of 90+ big name players. My fucking outfield is Bryce Harper, Ken Griffey Jr., and Sammy Sosa and I haven't spent a dime on microtransactions.

Some day I'll beat RE4. :downs:

The Show is an excellent baseball franchise. I haven’t played it in a few years, but it’s always been amazing. 

• Upvote 1

Playing through RE 3. I honestly forgot I had it so I decided I'd play through it before I start RE4.

I pretty much beat the game in one sitting and I was taking my time. Finished the game in under 4 hours and was kind of shocked at that. I heard it was short but I didn't think it'd be that short. Probably because they cut out a lot of stuff from the original.

It's alright though despite its length. Definitely not as good as RE2 but I wasn't expecting it to be. The highlights for me would be the Nemesis fights, I thought they were fun. Well, except for the last fight, that one was annoying but that was mostly because it took me a while to realize you can stun him to make pushing in the power cores easier.

I'll probably do a Collectible cleanup run and then start a Inferno run (or is it Nightmare that's the highest difficulty?) to finish up for the Platinum.

Then it's on to RE4.

Been playing RE4. Barely touch the Story because I pretty much spend all my time playing Mercenaries. Not as good as vanilla RE5's Mercs mode but it's still really fun and much better than RE5's Mercs Reunion and RE6's Mercenaries. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Playing Paradise Killer atm and it's actually pretty cool. Feels like a sort of more open Danganronpa/Pheonix Wright but far more serious. Any else played it?

It seemed right up my alley but I couldn't get into it for some reason.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Playing Paradise Killer atm and it's actually pretty cool. Feels like a sort of more open Danganronpa/Pheonix Wright but far more serious. Any else played it?

Excellent game with great writing and an awesome style.

Not a big fan of the trial at the end but you'll see. I think I fucked up. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Excellent game with great writing and an awesome style.

Not a big fan of the trial at the end but you'll see. I think I fucked up. 

Yeah I did think it was going to be a game where it's open enough for a player to just get things wrong, but for now I'm just enjoying the investigating. The writing is top notch and it's such a unique setting. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah I did think it was going to be a game where it's open enough for a player to just get things wrong, but for now I'm just enjoying the investigating. The writing is top notch and it's such a unique setting. 

It's been like two years since I played it on PC, I don't remember it very well, I don't think you can mess up the investigating part if you are thorough. But yeah, the investigating overworld adds a lot to the game compared to let's say Phoenix Wright typical visual novel style 'gameplay'.

What I remember very well though is the overall style and vibe of the game. Very cool for what I believe is this indie studio first output. Pretty impressive. 

• Like 1

WTF is wrong with the scopes in RE4? The framerate drops considerably when you look through one. It's making these shooting range levels way harder than they should be. Its so weird because the framerate is surprisingly good any other time but the moment you look through a scope the frames dip like crazy. Honestly, scopes seem useless right now.

Played through the Jedi Survivor intro on PS5 and got to the first world. The game definitely has its share of unpolished moments. The transitions between cutscenes and gameplay in particular can be really jittery and dated looking. Its not smooth like what you'd see in most modern games. There's also some stuttering and framerate drops even in performance mode.

But I think the game is still somewhat impressive technically. There's a lot of detail in the environments and when you're fighting a bunch of enemies at once and there's lightsaber and blaster fire reflections all over the place it can look pretty damn cool.

Combat starts off simple but its pretty fun. I also appreciate how when you first start the game it just straight up gives you a single option right off the bat to disable puzzle hints. Sony could learn a thing or two here...

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Played through the Jedi Survivor intro on PS5 and got to the first world. The game definitely has its share of unpolished moments. The transitions between cutscenes and gameplay in particular can be really jittery and dated looking. Its not smooth like what you'd see in most modern games. There's also some stuttering and framerate drops even in performance mode.

But I think the game is still somewhat impressive technically. There's a lot of detail in the environments and when you're fighting a bunch of enemies at once and there's lightsaber and blaster fire reflections all over the place it can look pretty damn cool.

Combat starts off simple but its pretty fun. I also appreciate how when you first start the game it just straight up gives you a single option right off the bat to disable puzzle hints. Sony could learn a thing or two here...

Fucking word! 

Man the first planet in Jedi Survivor is actually way too large. Its impressive how detailed and varied its different environments are. But after exploring a sizeable chunk of it and completing a few side quests I felt like I got fill and just moved onto the next world. People who are completionists and want to fully explore large Star Wars themed levels will definitely have a great time though. I think im just gonna focus on getting through the story.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Im already like 17 hours into Jedi Survivor. There's a lot stuff in this game thats straight up Naughty Dog/Sony Santa Monica calibur. Its a shame the polish just isn't there.

Do you think it will eventually get patched? How was the original when it came out compared to its current state?