The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Played a little bit of Nioh 2 today (2 hours maybe?). Don't have work tomorrow so I plan to put in a long session with the game.

I'm liking it so far, level design is a lot better compared to Nioh 1. For starters the shortcuts in this game are useful and don't feel pointless like they did in the first game.

The bosses I've fought were the ones in the betas and trials so it was nice to see the final game has you getting them out of the way so soon. Pretty much nothing but new bosses from this point on and I'm still very early into the game.

Ori is just not well designed, seriously. I just spent a hour wandering around trying to figure out how to get to the next area before giving up and using a faq.

I assumed the purple projectiles were just used for that extra air dash, but you can aim them in mid air to break purple barriers. The game doesn't convey that all. I can't imagine the type of bullshit they're gonna pull later on

39 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Ori is just not well designed, seriously. I just spent a hour wandering around trying to figure out how to get to the next area before giving up and using a faq.

Hide contents

I assumed the purple projectiles were just used for that extra air dash, but you can aim them in mid air to break purple barriers. The game doesn't convey that all. I can't imagine the type of bullshit they're gonna pull later on

Just stop then... you're clearly not a logical enough thinker for this series :mj: 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

isn’t it completely obvious whenever you use the projectiles to launch yourself and see them fling the other way rather than explode, and then you see a guy shooting the sane color projectiles right next to a door with the exact same unique color that maybe I should put 1 and 1 together :interesting: 

you make it sound like it’s some advanced calculus problem when it’s really just the square block goes into the square hole unless you need instructions for that too

Edited by Delita
1 hour ago, Delita said:

isn’t it completely obvious whenever you use the projectiles to launch yourself and see them fling the other way rather than explode, and then you see a guy shooting the sane color projectiles right next to a door with the exact same unique color that maybe I should put 1 and 1 together :interesting: 

you make it sound like it’s some advanced calculus problem when it’s really just the square block goes into the square hole unless you need instructions for that too

Exactly.

I don't get it.  It's like he wants the game to put a marker where to go next and highlight every single interactable object..  They give you some obvious clues.. and sometimes not quite so obvious.. the whole idea is that you have to experiment with the abilities you have.  That's one of the things I like so much about these games is that there's an element of rewarding ingenuity and experimentation.  There's obvious intended ways to accomplish things, but sometimes if you think outside the box, and use the games systems to your advantage you can seemingly accomplish things before you feel you should have.. which is a great feeling.

I just finished a section of the game which stumped me for about 10 minutes before pass this one part.  I kept doing one thing because I was sure that was the only thing that made sense.. then sure enough I realized my mistake and got through.  There was no in game hint or anything.. I figured it out on my own... and felt better about it than if the game would have just told me exactly what I had to do.

8 hours ago, Delita said:

Literally the first thing i did at that part was lead the enemy on so that its projectile hit the barrier DIRECTLY yet that did absolutely nothing, but me redirecting it with the stupid dash was enough to break it? Please tell me how that could possibly be anything but bad, inconsistent design? If a game is going to break its own rules like that then it absolutely needs to inform the player. Stuff like that needlessly kills the flow of the game.

Edited by Twinblade
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Literally the first thing i did at that part was lead the enemy on so that its projectile hit the barrier DIRECTLY yet that did absolutely nothing, but me redirecting it with the stupid dash was enough to break it? Please tell me how that could possibly be anything but bad, inconsistent design? If a game is going to break its own rules like that then it absolutely needs to inform the player. Stuff like that needlessly kills the flow of the game.

:reg:  you seriously were doing that? 

When the game literally gives you the mechanic to do what you’re trying to do and you’re doing it in a hilariously dumb and complicated way that I don’t believe one person who played the game even attempted, that’s your own fault, not the game’s.

I just don’t know how much more you want the game to literally dumb things down and have everything spelled out for you in big bold letters. It’s one of the only metroidvanias I can play where I don’t need a guide because the entire game is very intuitive and well designed

Edited by Delita
17 minutes ago, Delita said:

:reg:  you seriously were doing that? 

When the game literally gives you the mechanic to do what you’re trying to do and you’re doing it in a hilariously dumb and complicated way that I don’t believe one person who played the game even attempted, that’s your own fault, not the game’s.

I just don’t know how much more you want the game to literally dumb things down and have everything spelled out for you in big bold letters. It’s one of the only metroidvanias I can play where I don’t need a guide because the entire game is very intuitive and well designed

Remember, it's coming from a guy that couldn't get Geforce Now to work for over an hour because he had to "install" the game... :hest: 

• Haha 1

If you don't want to explore the whole map there have been points where I can see your not sure what to do. Also I didn't immediately know to shoot the purples backwards either. I assumed it was an ability I didn't have yet. But soon after I figured it out pretty quickly.

14 minutes ago, Delita said:

Ugh I think I’m done with Ori 2. It’s just too good

The art and music at Luma Pools :whew:

I'm working on 100%.  I've got a lot of the areas fully done just getting cells now.  Pretty sure I'm right before the final stretch.

Absolutely AMAZING game.

5 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Can you go back to do things you missed after you beat the game ?

I'm literally just in the last level as we speak.  You'll know when it is.. so you'll be able to finish up anything you want to get before that if you want.  There's still collectibles in this last area so I'm gonna grab them before I finish it.  I'll let you know if you can go back after you beat it.

49 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Thanks . I'm not too far in . In the part where you got to find the 3 lights or whatever 

Yea, just beat it.  Yes, after you finish the game, you'll get the credits.  Then it'll go to the starting screen and you can continue and it will start you off at the warp right before the final boss.

Really amazing game.  I loved it.

• Upvote 1