The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

just coming back to this thread but i guess im retarded for getting stuck twice early on :reg:  But i haven't come across any prograss halting issues since then. I finished the firefly level and am almost done with the Luma Pools. This area has a lot of cool little environmental puzzles.

Edited by Twinblade
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

just coming back to this thread but i guess im retarded for getting stuck twice early on :reg:  But i haven't come across any prograss halting issues since then. I finished the firefly level and am almost done with the Luma Pools. This area has a lot of cool little environmental puzzles.

There's definitely times where the game doesn't really give you any indication that a certain ability or whatever is what you need to use... but nothing that should halt your progress really.  For me there were certain collectibles that I didn't realize how to get earlier on, and came back to them far later on.   There was ONE collectible that I don't think I would have ever gotten on my own.. but I used a guide for that specific one and that was it.  The game took me around 17h to 100%.

I'm definitely going to be coming back to it at some point.  I want to 100% achievements for both games, but it's going to be a LOOONG process.  I'll probably try speedrun strats to beat both without dying.  Next up are HL:A and Doom Eternal though.

Needed a quick game that wasn't too demanding. So I just completed AssCreed Liberation on the PC, me doing just about every single little thing, full syncing all the objectives, was about 15 hours.

Don't know if this is going to spur me into playing more AssCreed, if it scratched the itch just enough to go and play something else different. Probably going to play something else different.

I finished Murder by Numbers. I was shocked to see that my playtime on steam was over 35 hours. Time kind of flies by when you're solving the more complex Picross puzzles, and honestly they're so exhausting that I consider them to be the game's weakness. The writing and mysteries in general are actually pretty solid, but those puzzles get tiresome especially once they start dolling out nothing but the 15 x 15 grid ones (especially recycled ones during the game's last case).

If there was more variety to the gameplay this would have been a great spiritual successor to the Ace Attorney games. They definitely nailed the OST (same composer after all). Some of the tracks are quite catchy and very evocative of AA:

Edited by Twinblade
On 2020-03-16 at 12:47 PM, jehurey said:

Needed a quick game that wasn't too demanding. So I just completed AssCreed Liberation on the PC, me doing just about every single little thing, full syncing all the objectives, was about 15 hours.

Don't know if this is going to spur me into playing more AssCreed, if it scratched the itch just enough to go and play something else different. Probably going to play something else different.

Odyssey takes 50+ hours to finish and 100 to truly complete it (see all of the cool secret shit). 

Just finished Ori. Great game. The art style is gorgeous but I think the music is up there as well, it really compliments the vibe that the game is going for. Probably the best production values in a side scroller game ever if I’ll be honest.

Edited by Twinblade
13 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Took me forever to figure out what to do in Luma

Those things In the water that are trying to shoot shit. Shoot projectiles at them and they’ll start shooting bubbles

39 minutes ago, Delita said:

Is right now most people’s experience with Ori? I’m noticing most people discovering this game with this sequel. Did no one pkay the first game? It was always a fantastic game 

Ori and The Blind Forest was my fav metroidvania game up until WIll of the Wisps.

1 hour ago, Delita said:

Is right now most people’s experience with Ori? I’m noticing most people discovering this game with this sequel. Did no one pkay the first game? It was always a fantastic game 

Its weird, i really like metroidvanias but I remember picking up the first game and a few minutes in something about it kind of put me off. It was a busy time in gaming IIRC and ended up getting distracted, so I never got back around to trying it again.

Edited by Twinblade
14 hours ago, Delita said:

I didn’t like the first game, initially, but then loved it. 

however, I’ve played too many metroidvanias, so I don’t know if I’ll play the sequel.