The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

ok, i'm finally giving zelda botw a fair chance. my boy hooked me up with the switch version, and said i should at least put in 20 hours. i can do that.  i'm not expecting another OOT, so i think i have the right expectations. if at the 20 hour mark, i'm not sold...then it's not for me. i'm curious as to whether or not i'll like it. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

4 hours ago, -GD- said:

ok, i'm finally giving zelda botw a fair chance. my boy hooked me up with the switch version, and said i should at least put in 20 hours. i can do that.  i'm not expecting another OOT, so i think i have the right expectations. if at the 20 hour mark, i'm not sold...then it's not for me. i'm curious as to whether or not i'll like it. 

Be prepared to die a lot and to just get lost. It’s really amazing actually just exploring and looking at everything. This is the least linear Zelda game ever and the map is astronomically huge. It’s gorgeous to look at with it’s gorgeous art style. Just be prepared to be a little overwhelmed at first. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Ike said:

Be prepared to die a lot and to just get lost. It’s really amazing actually just exploring and looking at everything. This is the least linear Zelda game ever and the map is astronomically huge. It’s gorgeous to look at with it’s gorgeous art style. Just be prepared to be a little overwhelmed at first. 

yeah, i've taken the pros/cons from fans, and those who were disappointed by it.  i know what to expect. i definitely won't rush it. 

RE7 - Godly game. 

State of Decay 2 - The gameplay loop already starting to wear a little thin but I want tot play more to encounter more human survivor scenarioes

Sea of Thieves - Literally turned it off after 15 min. Not in the mood for whatever the shit that was. 

13 hours ago, madmaltese said:

RE7 - Godly game. 

State of Decay 2 - The gameplay loop already starting to wear a little thin but I want tot play more to encounter more human survivor scenarioes

Sea of Thieves - Literally turned it off after 15 min. Not in the mood for whatever the shit that was. 

LOL

19 hours ago, madmaltese said:

RE7 - Godly game. 

The human encounters are so similar and repetitive, they might as well be randomly generated. The game quickly turned into a bore for me, and im someone who really liked the original.

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The human encounters are so similar and repetitive, they might as well be randomly generated. The game quickly turned into a bore for me, and im someone who really liked the original.

That's a shame to hear since I'm already finding the rest of the gameplay a bit of a repetitive bore.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

I literally started the game, ran around some island with basically zero idea what im doing. Hopped on a ship and sailed for 2 min and was like, fuck this. 

Yea.. I feel that's what a lot of people have done without giving the game a proper chance.  The fact that the game doesn't hand hold you is just one of the things I love about it.

People these days just have no patience for anything if they aren't rewarded immediately. 

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea.. I feel that's what a lot of people have done without giving the game a proper chance.  The fact that the game doesn't hand hold you is just one of the things I love about it.

People these days just have no patience for anything if they aren't rewarded immediately. 

I usually don't mind that at all, in fact I like it, but this game does it very very poorly. Everyone I spoke to basically had the same text options and said the same thing, there was no real direction in what you should do and when you sort of get the idea what you should be doing it seems like its just sail to an island, get a chest, return it, get gold and be able to buy any of the cosmetic items they had for sail. That is the part that I really don't like. I play heaps of GaaS and have no problem with a grind but I like the reward to be more character progression based as opposed to simply cosmetic. 

15 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm calling quit on Ni no Kuni II after 38 hours or so. Don't even want to finish it.

Where are you? It sounds like you're at the home stretch, you might as well try to finish it.

Sucks to hear though, IIRC you were a big fan of the first one. 2 is definitely one of the more underwhelming big games i've played this year.

Edited by Twinblade
35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Where are you? It sounds like you're at the home stretch, you might as well try to finish it.

Sucks to hear though, IIRC you were a big fan of the first one. 2 is definitely one of the more underwhelming big games i've played this year.

There's no doubt the first game was better than this, even if it had it's faults too. This is just not enjoyable anymore.

Almost done with Dark Souls. Just got the last half of the DLC left. Sometimes I forget how amazing of a game it is. Even the worst areas in the game are generally quality. The only exceptions are probably Lost Izalith and Demon Ruins. Top 5 of all time for me. 

Been chipping away at the Octopath Traveller demo which has a 3 hour limit. Pretty close to that limit now, finished the thiefs intro and then went and recruited the alchemist. Think I can squeeze in most of a 3rd character before I'm done. Kinda on the fence of whether or not I'll grab it. A bit too long for my tastes, but it is suited pretty well to the handheld so I can see myself getting through it over time. The artstyle and music are great, gameplay is super traditional so far though, not necessarily a bad thing. I just remember how burnt out I got by the halfway point of Bravely Default and can imagine the same happening here. Might be better to just pass on it and get through some of my backlog. I've got Yakuza 0, RE7 and Hollow Knight all ready to start. Also have to go back to MHW at some point since I didn't really "finish" it. 

On 6/19/2018 at 1:18 PM, -GD- said:

I think 20 hours is a good amount. 

I was probably "hooked" around the 8 hour mark. Once I got a little ways into the second region. 

It's a game I still need to go back to and finish though. Stopped after probably 50-60 hours, just got burnt out. Just really daunting to go back to though, there's so much to keep track of in the world. 

I'd say to just explore how you want to, dont use any guides or feel pressured to do stuff in a specific order. If something in the distance catches your eye, just go check it out. There's really no penalty for doing so. Make sure you utilize the map markers though, it's one of the better ways to not get too lost. If you find a good weapon, mark that on a map...it'll respawn every time there's a bloodmoon. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Casual said:

I think 20 hours is a good amount. 

I was probably "hooked" around the 8 hour mark. Once I got a little ways into the second region. 

It's a game I still need to go back to and finish though. Stopped after probably 50-60 hours, just got burnt out. Just really daunting to go back to though, there's so much to keep track of in the world. 

I'd say to just explore how you want to, dont use any guides or feel pressured to do stuff in a specific order. If something in the distance catches your eye, just go check it out. There's really no penalty for doing so. Make sure you utilize the map markers though, it's one of the better ways to not get too lost. If you find a good weapon, mark that on a map...it'll respawn every time there's a bloodmoon. 

funny enough, that's what i've been doing. i've done about 15 shrines, so far. i've barely done any of the campaign. i just love the traversal/exploration aspect a lot. i can't say i'm a fan of the combat. 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

funny enough, that's what i've been doing. i've done about 15 shrines, so far. i've barely done any of the campaign. i just love the traversal/exploration aspect a lot. i can't say i'm a fan of the combat. 

Yeah. The campaign is probably the least interesting part of the game lol. Didn't even finish it myself. Combat you're either gonna love or hate, I did enjoy experimenting with the physics and seeing what you can do to kill stuff, but the straight up sword combat isn't the most fun. It does get better, I think, when you're facing more well equipped enemies. Farming items for the higher level armor sets had some enjoyable fights. 

You should also make sure to do:

Eventide Isle

• Like 1