The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Monster Hunter World is good and the game moves at a real good pace. I like it. 

Radial-G Racing Revolved for PSVR. Not as good as Wipeout/10

Little Nightmares. Cool visuals and hmmm... let me get you back on that.

probably half way through hong kong. man that game has so much to read. I like it more than dragonfall because the characters are all well made. except duncan he is a little bitch. 

love gobbet that bitch. and her rats madness and folly. B) 

Edited by saltyhermitdenial

Zelda isn’t for me. I tried. I put in over 10 hours. It’s a well-designed world, but I just don’t have the motivation to push on. 

Now im replaying mass effect 1. The last 2 eps of the expanse has made me crave this series. 

Finished up Dark Souls Remastered. Such a godly game :bow:.

Got a bit ADD after that. Went back and forth about whether to start Yakuza or RE7. Decided on neither. 

Jumped back into MHW and picked up where I left off, just after the main story ended, hunting a Pukei Pukei in the first area. Was kinda hard to go back to after Dark Souls, controls took some adjustment. I think I'll keep this one in the rotation, it's a decent game to kill 45-60 minutes with and make some progress.

Played a bit of Rocket League cause it had been a while. I suck at this game.

Finished my 3 hour limit for the Octopath Traveler demo. It's good for what it is, still on the fence though.

Downloaded Hollow Knight for Switch. Only played an hourish but I'm loving it already. The animation and atmosphere is really top tier.

Then I finally landed on finishing up Horizon. I should never have put that one down. Spent a couple hours mostly just getting used to it again and figuring out what the hell I should even be doing, but I think I'm about 2/3rds done the main quest now. For those of you that did Frozen Wilds, should I beat the game completely first?

gonna play mass effect 1 for the first time after i'm done with shadowrun hong kong. Idk ME2 was really boring half way through. never touched 3.

Just finished Vampyr after 31 hours.

I actually really enjoyed the game. Its deeply flawed, and ill get to that in a bit, but overall Its by far my favorite Dontnod game (not a Life is Strange fan).

There are some interesting and elaborate systems in the game. You spend a lot of time just wandering around the various HUBs speaking with citizens and unlocking parts of their backstory to raise their 'blood quality'. As it gets higher and higher for each civilian that results in them giving more XP if you decide to kill them. I did a no kill playthrough to get the best ending, but as a result the game was actually really hard in places. I ended up doing the majority of the side quests because you need every bit of XP you can get. Even then I often myself under-leveled. I imagine that if I had gone the evil route and killed as many people as possible the game would have been piss easy in comparison.

As for the combat, i think its serviceable. It doesn't really flow at first and does feel clumsy (think Witcher 3) but I got used to it and had some mild fun using the powers I unlocked. Unfortunately because of the aforementioned balance i didn't really get to experience most of the moves because you don't get much XP to play around with. There is some jankiness to it thats annoying, such as the camera getting out of control or you getting stuck in a corner resulting in enemies just pummeling you until you die. It also has that very rare but annoying design choice where used resources don't get replenished when you die. For example if you use 5 shotgun shells on a boss and die, that ammo doesn't get replenished when the checkpoint reloads.

Combat pro tip for people who check the game out: You're gonna be abusing the dash move A LOT , so be sure to pump a lot of points into endurance.

Navigating around the world could have been better too. Theres no fast travel, so you end up relying on the map a lot to get from place to place. This is usually fine because the city is authentic looking and has a nice atmosphere to it, but constantly being attacked by the enemies scattered throughout can be annoying.

In regards to the story and characters in general, everything is actually really well written, and the presentation in general is quite good (outside of the character models which are not modeled/animated as well as other games). Music and voice acting are really good as well. And while it does cover many typical vampire themes and tropes, the main characters' background does change things up a bit. This is where the game shines for sure, especially as someone who was craving a good vampire story (its been ages since we had a game like VTMB).

My final verdict:

8/10

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, saltyhermitdenial said:

gonna play mass effect 1 for the first time after i'm done with shadowrun hong kong. Idk ME2 was really boring half way through. never touched 3.

Do it bro! Pc? 

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Just finished Vampyr after 31 hours.

I actually really enjoyed the game. Its deeply flawed, and ill get to that in a bit, but overall Its by far my favorite Dontnod game (not a Life is Strange fan).

There are some interesting and elaborate systems in the game. You spend a lot of time just wandering around the various HUBs speaking with citizens and unlocking parts of their backstory to raise their 'blood quality'. As it gets higher and higher for each civilian that results in them giving more XP if you decide to kill them. I did a no kill playthrough to get the best ending, but as a result the game was actually really hard in places. I ended up doing the majority of the side quests because you need every bit of XP you can get. Even then I often myself under-leveled. I imagine that if I had gone the evil route and killed as many people as possible the game would have been piss easy in comparison.

As for the combat, i think its serviceable. It doesn't really flow at first and does feel clumsy (think Witcher 3) but I got used to it and had some mild fun using the powers I unlocked. Unfortunately because of the aforementioned balance i didn't really get to experience most of the moves because you don't get much XP to play around with. There is some jankiness to it thats annoying, such as the camera getting out of control or you getting stuck in a corner resulting in enemies just pummeling you until you die. It also has that very rare but annoying design choice where used resources don't get replenished when you die. For example if you use 5 shotgun shells on a boss and die, that ammo doesn't get replenished when the checkpoint reloads.

Combat pro tip for people who check the game out: You're gonna be abusing the dash move A LOT , so be sure to pump a lot of points into endurance.

Navigating around the world could have been better too. Theres no fast travel, so you end up relying on the map a lot to get from place to place. This is usually fine because the city is authentic looking and has a nice atmosphere to it, but constantly being attacked by the enemies scattered throughout can be annoying.

In regards to the story and characters in general, everything is actually really well written, and the presentation in general is quite good (outside of the character models which are not modeled/animated as well as other games). Music and voice acting are really good as well. And while it does cover many typical vampire themes and tropes, the main characters' background does change things up a bit. This is where the game shines for sure, especially as someone who was craving a good vampire story (its been ages since we had a game like VTMB).

My final verdict:

Reveal hidden contents

8/10

Nice review bro 

13 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Do it bro! Pc? 

yea. goon play it after I finished shadowrun hong kong. guess i just play all 3. like i said idk why but me2 bored me to death at some point but im a sucker for sci-fi so i have to play it.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, saltyhermitdenial said:

yea. goon play it after I finished shadowrun hong kong. guess i just play all 3. like i said idk why but me2 bored me to death at some point but im a sucker for sci-fi so i have to play it.

Good. Because the OG 360 one runs like caca, unless you are playing it on the one x (improves frame rate big time). 

Make sure you disable film grain and motion blur. 

Playing the donkey Kong expansion in Mario Rabbids. I forgot how gorgeous this game is :aitch: but the gameplay is where it’s at. Donkey Kong is a badass character. I love how it’s a brand new campaign. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, -GD- said:

Good. Because the OG 360 one runs like caca, unless you are playing it on the one x (improves frame rate big time). 

Make sure you disable film grain and motion blur. 

film grain ok but why motion blur? it makes every game so much better for me 

49 minutes ago, saltyhermitdenial said:

film grain ok but why motion blur? it makes every game so much better for me 

Maybe it’s better on pc, but the use of it in the 360 version sucks imo

4 hours ago, -GD- said:

Maybe it’s better on pc, but the use of it in the 360 version sucks imo

It's years ago that I played on 360. PC it is for me and let me tell ya motion blur is awesome in this game. My pc is not hulk hogan but it gets the job done :glad: 

• Like 1