The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Think I`m nearing the end of Hollow Knight. God it`s good. Might be a top 5 Metroidvania. Maybe even Top 3....Metroid Prime and Super Metroid are definitely ahead of it, but it makes a case for #3.

Pretty hyped to try out Dead Cells next week. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Casual said:

Think I`m nearing the end of Hollow Knight. God it`s good. Might be a top 5 Metroidvania. Maybe even Top 3....Metroid Prime and Super Metroid are definitely ahead of it, but it makes a case for #3.

Pretty hyped to try out Dead Cells next week. 

yeah same. hollow knight is a surprise for me because this game kept the same quality until the end. It's rare nowadays. It's 2nd place for me.

Beat Bloodstained Curse of the Moon. The last stage fucking sucked but otherwise it was alright. 

Still, I could have lived without. 6.5/10

Beat Wolfenstein II. I put the difficulty on the easiest difficulty (something I rarely ever do) because the difficulty is poorly balanced. Even with overcharged health and full armor you still die in a matter of seconds, while everyone are bullet sponges. The worst is when an explosion drop BJ on his ass, you're guaranteed to die before he can even get back up. This game doesn't know if it wants to be an old school FPS like Duke Nukem or a modern FPS a la CoD. The hybrid design choices only hurts the game. The story also started to falter a bit during the end.

I loved it for it's story and meaty singleplayer campaign but it has too many gameplay quirks that needs to be addressed. 7.5/10

Finished Alien Isolation a few days ago, loved it. Sick atmosphere throughout the game and amazing use of sound.

Quite lengthy too with a bit too much filler, navigating around gets confusing at some parts since there's not much handholding in the game.

Worst thing about the game is that you can get randomly killed by the alien sometimes, which is unavoidable if he happens to spawn too close to you and you have nowhere to hide and can't outrun it. So you need to save often if you don't like losing progress.

Still loved the experience.

Played Sniper Elite 3, first time I tried the franchise. Godly to see how enemies get BTFO by your shots but otherwise it's too simple and arcadey, shelved it after the first 3 levels.

Now actually playing Polish trash :will: 

I figured I'd have to eventually try the game I bashed for so long :tom: The combat is seriously trash though, Jesus Christ  :mj: 

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

Finished Alien Isolation a few days ago, loved it. Sick atmosphere throughout the game and amazing use of sound.

Quite lengthy too with a bit too much filler, navigating around gets confusing at some parts since there's not much handholding in the game.

Worst thing about the game is that you can get randomly killed by the alien sometimes, which is unavoidable if he happens to spawn too close to you and you have nowhere to hide and can't outrun it. So you need to save often if you don't like losing progress.

Still loved the experience.

Played Sniper Elite 3, first time I tried the franchise. Godly to see how enemies get BTFO by your shots but otherwise it's too simple and arcadey, shelved it after the first 3 levels.

Now actually playing Polish trash :will: 

I figured I'd have to eventually try the game I bashed for so long :tom: The combat is seriously trash though, Jesus Christ  :mj: 

Change the movement to alternate method in the options menu by the way, makes it feel less like a PC port.

Witcher 3 is great for it's story, characters, quests, dialogues, player choices, music, etc. The gameplay simply isn't great and it never really gets better from what you have already experienced early on.

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Change the movement to alternate method in the options menu by the way, makes it feel less like a PC port.

Witcher 3 is great for it's story, characters, quests, dialogues, player choices, music, etc. The gameplay simply isn't great and it never really gets better from what you have already experienced early on.

this

34 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Seems dreadful for what looks like a very lenghty game

Its a long game, but by RPG standards there really isn't that much combat. You won't spend hours crawling through dungeons and having to kill dozens upon dozens of enemies at once. The combat encounters are sparse and usually over pretty quickly.

Edited by Twinblade
55 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I have done three different playthrough and never managed to coming close to ever finishing the main game. Let alone tackled on the DLCs.

The Gwent cards game is awesome by the way. You should really dive in and buy any cards or play anyone you come across.

42 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its a long game, but by RPG standards there really isn't that much combat. You won't spend hours crawling through dungeons and having to kill dozens upon dozens of enemies at once. The combat encounters are sparse and usually over pretty quickly.

ya. the combat doesn't get tiresome. 

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

once you get into the story, you won't want to stop playing. also, some of the side missions are a lot of fun. 

14 hours ago, -GD- said:

once you get into the story, you won't want to stop playing. also, some of the side missions are a lot of fun. 

Yeah. It'll get its hooks in you.

I've been contemplating starting another run soon. It's just so daunting. Something I wanna do though.

Honestly,  if you really hate the combat just lower the difficulty, you can get pretty OP quickly and just breeze through the encounters while getting to absorb the story.

3 hours ago, Casual said:

Yeah. It'll get its hooks in you.

I've been contemplating starting another run soon. It's just so daunting. Something I wanna do though.

Honestly,  if you really hate the combat just lower the difficulty, you can get pretty OP quickly and just breeze through the encounters while getting to absorb the story.

LOL that's what i did

31 minutes ago, Ike said:

Been steadily making my way through Detroit when I can. It’s amazingly gorgeous and I really like the story. Also, Kara is hot. 

how far are you?

here's the actress in real life

19 minutes ago, -GD- said:

how far are you?

here's the actress in real life

Last part I did was on the streets with Kara after I ran away from the house with the girl. She needs long hair but she’s hot AF IRL too.  

Edited by Ike
  • Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Ike said:

Last part I did was on the streets with Kara after I ran away from the house with the girl. She needs long hair but she’s hot AF IRL too.  

Oh man..the game gets even better later into it. 

45 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Oh man..the game gets even better later into it. 

I’m playing more tonight. I have my evenings back which is awesome. Might even just marathon the rest this evening. About how much game is left? 

10 minutes ago, Ike said:

I’m playing more tonight. I have my evenings back which is awesome. Might even just marathon the rest this evening. About how much game is left? 

you are about 30-40% in.