The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Really enjoying Dead Cells.  Made some decent progress in the game with a bunch of perma upgrades and 4 boss fights.  They have done a fucking great job at combining the rogue and metroidvania game designs.  And it continues to feel tighter than most indie action/platformers.

Also, started up Hollow Knight and will dive in a little deeper once I cells myself out.  The art and atmosphere in Hollow Knight are both just :whoo:

PS. Death's Gambit is a flop to start lmao.  Game felt horrid.  Got a quick refund. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Really enjoying Dead Cells.  Made some decent progress in the game with a bunch of perma upgrades and 4 boss fights.  They have done a fucking great job at combining the rogue and metroidvania game designs.  And it continues to feel tighter than most indie action/platformers.

Also, started up Hollow Knight and will dive in a little deeper once I cells myself out.  The art and atmosphere in Hollow Knight are both just :whoo:

PS. Death's Gambit is a flop to start lmao.  Game felt horrid.  Got a quick refund. 

I'm still early in Dead Cells but I always have difficulty decided which items to keep in favour of others. Got any tips on a preferred load out that helped you progress?

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Boss said:

I think Death's Gambit feels mostly fine, its mainly the ladder climbing and rolling that don't feel that responsive.

about to easily put 40 hours into TEW2.  Seriously convinced at this point, if you PLAY games, there's much more hours and content to be had.  15 hour game??  If I skipped everything, fought 10% of the enemies, skipped cutscenes and didn't give a link about bullets and gameplay.  

for those that have played it:  whoa chapter 3 is huge. I'm also aware it's the biggest one by far. I've already sunk 10 hours likely into chapter 3. I have so much gel/weapons parts, I'm a bit lambasted and overwhelmed on what to upgrade.  Think Imma save it and see what I'll need in the following more linear chapters.

I've used probably about 5-8 handgun bullets and 2-3 shotgun bullets the entire game so far lmfao.   I've wiped out damn-near everything in Union. I'm actually about to go check right nao again lol.

@bthrxy zuzu, when should I move on from ch. 3? I have 22k gel and 800 weapons parts. Already upgraded stealth enough to do sneak kills around corners. and upgraded aim speed so I can crawl up to enemies faster (teh TEW2 staple trick, I reddit , I redo, i KNOW)

<3

Edited by kokujin
  • Upvote 1

TEW2 is so godly :bow:

Health -> defiance skill is good so you don't die needlessly if you get hit when low on health

Atheleticm -> Stamina & stamina recovery, always useful when needing to run away

Stealth -> Prowler and Predator, move faster when crouched and start sneak kills from a distance

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Health -> defiance skill is good so you don't die needlessly if you get hit when low on health

Atheleticm -> Stamina & stamina recovery, always useful when needing to run away

Stealth -> Prowler and Predator, move faster when crouched and start sneak kills from a distance

i loved that game. it just clicked better with me than the first. 

15 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I think Death's Gambit feels mostly fine, its mainly the ladder climbing and rolling that don't feel that responsive.

Lmao. Exactly. It feels horrid. 'Only the ladder climbing and rolling'...those are all pretty important elements........coming off dead cells it feels extra poopy

Edited by Boss
2 hours ago, bhytre said:

prowler is badass. sneaking up to enemies is badass. A fun loop/trick was upgrading "speed while aiming" under 'reload' option for guns, makes you move faster than .. all forms of prowler (165% speed).  Strange gif.

I will get defiance. It looked good actually.  A whole extra hit.  Methinks predator is wasteful? I can already get right behind enemies with ease.  But it looks badass.  Stamina recovery is actually dooope. Most don't realize (i'm talking much here), you can run, revive, run, revive, run pretty easily.    Will get all 3 of dems.  

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

i loved that game. it just clicked better with me than the first. 

Yeah it's pretty solid. I'm not saying it reinvents anything, however IMO a lot more fun and beefy feeling than The last of Us.  Skinny ringworm zombie hunting game, that was. TEW2 I feel beefy as fuck, but also have to be careful.

I haven't even gotten to any real bosses but I am excitebike 64 to do some.  Also... just the right amount of ammo given to those that want to blast their way through. I have soo much gunpowder it's insane. If I love it so much,

I'll try a second playthrough guns a blazing and see if I can last an entire campaign that way.

17 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I'm still early in Dead Cells but I always have difficulty decided which items to keep in favour of others. Got any tips on a preferred load out that helped you progress?

Well first thing I did was use cells to upgrade my health flask and the ability to retain gold up to $6000.  Having gold to start really helps make it through the early stages quicker by getting better items quicker.  I pretty much always use the 'die once' perk to get that extra bit of help.  I never skimp on survival health upgrades for HP.  As for items to keep during your playthrough, I have found that ice abilities give me the best chance. Ice bow, freeze blast, ice grenade...  They are great for crowd control and the effect will also work on bosses.  If anything, freeze abilities are OP.  I have a lot of newer abilities and weapons/skills now like the crusher, magnetic grenade and health tonic (which you can use once per level as a skill) that I find helpful for the later stages when enemies get a bit tougher.  There is an area with teleporting ninjas that slice you and you bleed out to death.  And I stay away from slower weapons like the broadsword.  Health regen is also something I hope for in my weapons perks.  Great thing is, you are forced into many different play styles, hope you find what works for you.  But my suggestion would be muthafuckin ice and hp - it will get the ball rolling.

Edited by Boss
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, kokujin said:

ummmm. damn.  LOL

also, this is a scene you only get if you (decide) backtrack all the fucking way back, just to talk to the first guy you see.

I reported your pm for racism. :leo: 

Just got through the Zlatko part of Detroit with Kara and the train chase with Connor. All my characters are still alive up to this point.  Game is really good and fucking beautiful to look at.

Also North is hot.

Edited by Ike
3 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Damn Polish trash ( :will: ) is huge, wtf were these autists thinking? :tom: 

they don't care what YOU think. they built worlds with love. lots of gay love too. 

5 hours ago, Ike said:

Just got through the Zlatko part of Detroit with Kara and the train chase with Connor. All my characters are still alive up to this point.  Game is really good and fucking beautiful to look at.

Also North is hot.

yeah i had to look up her actress when i played the game. she's gorgeous

Image result for Minka Kelly

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1

Yakuza 6 is one of the worst game I've played in the series. The combat is just garbage and the story is not compelling at all. I'm thinking of dropping it at this point.

Gonna skip Kiwami 2 as it don't look much better either. Still hyped for Fist of the North Star, at least it's combat looks satisfying.

Edited by Ramza