The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

4 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Getting closer and closer to that Spidey plat

It’s becoming an obsession every time a new collectible in the city pops up. I have to get them all. They made traveling in the world just fun that you don’t mind at all. There’s almost a rhythm to the movement. I still haven’t even done much story because of that. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

played a bunch of Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Its good, but they continue to expand on the busy work and very game-y design. Seriously, it feels like half of my playtime is spent spamming the batman vision button and collecting bullshit or watching XP indicators pop up on the screen. That stuff lessens the immersion and hurts the pacing, while reminding you that you're definitely playing a video game. This is one of the reasons why Naughty Dog is still at the top of the genre, they realize that less is more and focus on the aspects that matter most.

I’ve been hearing a lot of negative things. Apparently, it’s just not that exciting. I will still get it, once I finish Spider-Man. 

8 hours ago, Remij_ said:

I'd rather play this any day than that.  At least running around collecting shit gives you a reason to look around the beautiful environments.  In UC4 you can go way out of your way and you get a stupid fucking medal that means and does nothing.  Here you actually have to craft weapons and ammo, and clothing ect ect.  It's simply much better.  Also, stop spamming the batman vision dummy.. the game becomes more immersive simply by doing that... (but of course you don't want to miss anything, do you?)

Also, the characters are definitely much better in this one than any other TR reboot that's for sure.  The acting is surprisingly good in some parts.  I'm  still relatively early though.  The jungle is fucking gorgeous too.

The game is designed around the collection bullshit, you can't avoid it and it would be even harder to ignore it. Of course im gonna keep spamming the batman vision, or else im gonna miss out on those resources that the game is constantly throwing in my face.

And no, having bullshit to craft that makes a few irrelevant numbers go up is not better. Tomb Raider is not supposed to be a RPG, its supposed to be an immersive action/adventure game. These last few games have mechanics and features that completely take you out of the experience.

Edited by Twinblade
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The game is designed around the collection bullshit, you can't avoid it and it would be even harder to ignore it. Of course im gonna keep spamming the batman vision, or else im gonna miss out on those resources that the game is constantly throwing in my face.

And no, having bullshit to craft that makes a few irrelevant numbers go up is not better. Tomb Raider is not supposed to be a RPG, its supposed to be an immersive action/adventure game. These last few games have mechanics and features that completely take you out of the experience.

It shits on Uncharted gameplay-wise man.. get fucking real.  You claim it's throwing it in your face but you have to keep spamming the vision to see it LOL... ok.  

This is better than Uncharted in so many ways... and it IS an action adventure game.  The puzzles are a million times better than anything in Uncharted.  For collecting shit you don't have to go far out of your way for anything lmao..  You're making a mountain out of nothing.

16 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It shits on Uncharted gameplay-wise man.. get fucking real.  You claim it's throwing it in your face but you have to keep spamming the vision to see it LOL... ok.  

This is better than Uncharted in so many ways... and it IS an action adventure game.  The puzzles are a million times better than anything in Uncharted.  For collecting shit you don't have to go far out of your way for anything lmao..  You're making a mountain out of nothing.

I was always on the side of Tomb Raider > Uncharted until the rebooted series. They started losing focus on what the series is about and each new game is more over-designed than the last. The puzzles in Shadow are good, but if you actually think this game or the last 2 can hold a candle to UC4......:D

Just now, Twinblade said:

I was always on the side of Tomb Raider > Uncharted until the rebooted series. They started losing focus on what the series is about and each new game is more over-designed than the last. The puzzles in Shadow are good, but if you actually think this game or the last 2 can hold a candle to UC4......:D

UC4 sucks man.. I dunno what to tell you.  Rise was better than UC4 and this is too so far... by far. :| 

Yea I was being a dumbass.  I still disagree with him about Uncharted, but Twinky never said anything that wasn't true to an extent about TR.  Truth is that he's pretty objective and usually tells things like it is.  I guess I just don't find the collecting shit as tedious as most others would.  I'm loving Shadow so far.  It's much better than Rise for me.. but I'm still relatively early.

18 hours ago, Ike said:

It’s becoming an obsession every time a new collectible in the city pops up. I have to get them all. They made traveling in the world just fun that you don’t mind at all. There’s almost a rhythm to the movement. I still haven’t even done much story because of that. 

Yeah, while this game doesn't do anything new in the open world genre it imo has the best implementation of collectibles ever. Slow trickle instead of just all flooding the map at once, all tied in some way to the story, all used as a means to upgrade multiple items from gadgets to unlocking new suits. Plus the fact the traversal is so fun makes them a joy to do. 

24 minutes ago, Ike said:

Just read that the voice of MJ in Spider-Man PS4 is the same actress as Nadine in UC4.

Holy shit! Laura Bailey is one of the best. I think I’m one of the few peeps who liked uncharted LL more than 4 (loved 4, though). 

8 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Holy shit! Laura Bailey is one of the best. I think I’m one of the few peeps who liked uncharted LL more than 4 (loved 4, though). 

I still need to play LL. Loved UC4 and the whole series in general.

53 minutes ago, Ike said:

I still need to play LL. Loved UC4 and the whole series in general.

LL is a tighter game, and I thought the two female leads did an excellent job, they also experimented with a more open world mission structure. I’m guessing they’re using the feedback for TLOU 2.