The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

2 hours ago, Casual said:

Man, I finally went back and beat Celeste...had originally stopped at the hotel part (Chapter 3). Not really sure why. But god damn, what an incredible game. Especially the second half...perfect difficulty, the mechanics are all amazing and they layer them so well. The art design pretty much gets better every chapter, music too. Had 50 berries and ~800 deaths. Probably gonna take a go at the b-sides and pick up some more of the berries. Might be my favourite of those types of platformers. Really great game. 

Need something else for my Switch now. Thinking maybe Undertale, or Owlboy. Haven't played either of those. 

Look into The Messenger.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

So yeah wayyy late to the game, but...

Not sure what I was doing sleeping on Bioshock Infinite - but it's proof positive that I shouldn't buy 25 games at once simply because they're on sale. :D 

I just launched it the other day, and completed it minutes ago, and yeah was stunning.

3 hours ago, Casual said:

Man, I finally went back and beat Celeste...had originally stopped at the hotel part (Chapter 3). Not really sure why. But god damn, what an incredible game. Especially the second half...perfect difficulty, the mechanics are all amazing and they layer them so well. The art design pretty much gets better every chapter, music too. Had 50 berries and ~800 deaths. Probably gonna take a go at the b-sides and pick up some more of the berries. Might be my favourite of those types of platformers. Really great game. 

Need something else for my Switch now. Thinking maybe Undertale, or Owlboy. Haven't played either of those. 

Isn't it fucking amazing?  A thoroughly well designed game.  Great art, controls, music.. and surprisingly deep story.  Also, lots of cool secrets in that game.  One of the best games of the year.

The OST is godly as well, and just fits the world of the game.  I love the build up with the piano :wow2: 

Oh, and Undertale is another one of those games where if you allow it... draws you in with interesting characters and a world with deviously deep meanings behind everything.  The fact that Undertale was created by a single person, who did all the art, gameplay, and design as well as the OST for the game... it's just really really fucking impressive.  I say give that a try next.

I haven't played Owlboy yet, but I hear it's really good as well. 

@Twinblade Not sure if you've tried it yet, but they released the orchestral mod for Dragon Quest 11.  It's pretty amazing, and sounds a lot better than the MIDI tracks they used for the game.  I completely recommend it if you dislike the MIDI tracks.  I was actually surprised though that the MIDI music wasn't as bad as I originally thought it was going to be.  I was definitely used to the music and wasn't even going to try this, but decided to since I'm nowhere close to being done with it.  Not sure if you'll bother at this point, but it's out there anyway.

16 hours ago, -GD- said:

You play golf story? 

Yep. Haven't beat it though...meant to go back to that actually. 

I also wanna get through Sonic Mania but I never really enjoy it when I boot it up. I feel like I play Sonic wrong but also can't figure out how to play it right...

@Remij_ yeah the OST is just amazing. I think I'll grab Undertale before Owlboy. Seems like a good bet for me.

@Twinblade Messenger is on my list. Tbh I've just played a few too many similar games this year so I'll probably grab it on a sale down the line.

18 hours ago, Remij_ said:

@Twinblade Not sure if you've tried it yet, but they released the orchestral mod for Dragon Quest 11.  It's pretty amazing, and sounds a lot better than the MIDI tracks they used for the game.  I completely recommend it if you dislike the MIDI tracks.  I was actually surprised though that the MIDI music wasn't as bad as I originally thought it was going to be.  I was definitely used to the music and wasn't even going to try this, but decided to since I'm nowhere close to being done with it.  Not sure if you'll bother at this point, but it's out there anyway.

eh, i dont think im gonna bother. one of my few issues with the game is that it feels like theres only a handful of tracks that are repeated over and over again. i dont think the composition of the music is going to help that repetition.

Edited by Twinblade

I've been playing Ring of Elysium while waiting for Blackout to drop.

header.jpg?t=1537400530

It's a Battle Royale game, that is free to play, and doesn't have any pay-to-win mechanics; just cosmetic changes as is the norm for this type of game.

However it offers a few key differences from your typical battle royale  game.

- As opposed to everyone jumping out of a plane/helo/bus you actually select your spawn point on the map. Meaning you can still spawn close to one another, but not on top of one another, so at least getting to a weapon is possible.

- You also get to choose from one of three kits:

1) A deployable hang glider to travel quickly from high points in the map. They start with a Glock 9mm.

2) A snowboard to traverse the world on downhill and flat terrain that is quicker than by foot, and quieter than a vehicle. They start with a .45  Pistol.

3) A Grapple/Zipline kit - This allows you to climb rock faces, and zip along preset cables from point to point. They start with a Double-barrel shotgun.

Each kit has a certain weight limitation compared to its 'Mobility' so the hang glider can carry the least, but can basically be deployed anywhere, the snowboard only works downhill and on flat snowy terrain. The zipline can only travel along the preset cables, but can carry more ammunition/health.

Also, the end-game is actually a Helicopter that flies in, and has four seats for up to 4 people to survive. Although its not often that there are multiple survivors as you have to climb a ladder, and can be shot while doing so :D 

So typically it still comes down to last man standing.

Also, the 'Zone' isn't a simple circle, by is done by grids. Example below.

Ring-of-Elysium-Gas-Mechanic.jpg

- The guns work very well, and it's very satisfying

- The UI is great, fast and fluid, items are highlighted for pickup so no pixel searching to ensure you don't walk over a foregrip or compensator for example.

- Weapon swaps of similar weapons automatically transfer over - so when picked up a better SMG, all the available attachments carry over.

- Quick to get into a match, I'm typically in a map within 1-2 mins from launch.

- Has Duos/Squads as well.

The setting is a snowy town, so vehicles include the logical: Snow mobiles, All Terrain Buggies, and Land Rovers. To the unique: 4 wheel Beetles, and Gondolas that go from point to point (and you can shoot out of them) to the unrealistic Monster Truck.

Overall, I'm having a blast with it, and for a free game its surprisingly professional. Plus no build mechanics like Fortnite for you to master before you stand a chance.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat

I finally played through Mario Odyssey. It's a competent Mario 64 sequel for sure but I don't quite get the hype. I expected more innovation.

I'm finally playing through Splatoon 2 now, and I really want a RE4-style campaign where you can switch between guns at will, the levels encourage you to switch between guns, each level has a distinct personality, and there's a good running narrative. But otherwise keep the platforming and humor. Two criticisms: The music is funny for the first few minutes but then it gets obnoxious, and you can't use motion-control aiming when lying down. It's impossible to center the camera for some reason. You can't lower it nearly enough so it's at your character's eye-level.

Tried the Mega Man 11 demo again after having a really bad first impression of it. The stage is still too generic and too long, but I grew to like how they built the level around the slo-mo ability by making it harder than normal. And the boss fight is pretty good. Still have it preordered.  

Hit the 50 hour mark in DQXI. Game hasn't slowed down at all :obama: I think outside of Yakuza, DQ is the only other series that can effectively mix serious storytelling with lots of goofy, humorous moments. One moment I could be smiling at how dumb something is and shortly after something dark will happen, and the transition between them is seamless.

Edited by Twinblade
22 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That was one of my favorite ones. The tombs in general are really well done, a few had me stumped.

22 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That one was cool. 

Word!! The tombs and puzzles are the highlights in this game. 

Venom will be the first "superhero" movie I watch in yeeeeaaaars. I never liked anyone except that dude. as a kid I had action figurines of batman, spiderman and venom and he always was the mega dude kicking their asses. :glad: 

Player Mario Tennis over the week when I had my kids and really like it. Been a fan since N64 and the new mechanics make it a lot fun.

Got back to Spider-Man last night, Doc Ock just got his arms. Can't wait to beat the story, it's picking up pace and I'm loving it.