The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I guess I kind of love cave raider, because I stopped playing fh4 after an hour to go back to TR. I think this may be the best one in the trilogy. 

For what it's worth.. I felt that way up until the last bit.  It fell apart for me after a certain point.  It's a very good game though.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

For what it's worth.. I felt that way up until the last bit.  It fell apart for me after a certain point.  It's a very good game though.

Ahhh I’m not done yet, so I guess it could always take a shit lol. But I’m loving the puzzle/exploration over combat decision. Although, piranha stealth = :D dumbest shit ever. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

Ahhh I’m not done yet, so I guess it could always take a shit lol. But I’m loving the puzzle/exploration over combat decision. Although, piranha stealth = :D dumbest shit ever. 

LMAO yea... who the fuck thought of that LOL.  That whole mechanic of hiding in the seaweed and shit is just stupid :D 

• Haha 1

I finally beat DQXI after 57 hours. It had issues, but I enjoyed it a lot. Even though the story ultimately does boil down to the standard ‘light vs dark’ tropes, it’s very intricate with lots of interesting sub plots and moments. The storytelling in the flashback sequences where the backstory is fleshed out in particular were excellent, and the characters are all likeable (though some aren’t as well developed as others). That said the Final dungeon could have been more interesting and the ending was short and simple as well. 

Overall it is very much a traditional old school jrpg with some modern flair, so i don’t think it’s going to convert anyone who isn’t already into the genre, but it’s probably the most well executed game of that type in recent memory.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 3

Also I just thought I'd share that ice builds up on the cars in FH4 in the winter time when it snows.. :vince: 

I don't remember this in FH3 Blizzard Mountain anyway.. (not my pic.. from ERA)

NYJtkkv.jpg

That's fucking godly.  Actually, the dirt, wetness, and snow build up in this game is awesome:wow2:  

shadowrun hong kong is loooong as fuck i'm like 25 hours in and I'm not even half way through. so much to read, i like every second of it. Everyone says dragonfall is the best but I can say I like hong kong more already.

racter is one of the best written characters ever. 

Npc_humanmale_racter.png?version=ca8d4fe8b0a20c4235451c6b6ae26599

Ok, dumb design decision in cave raider:

the game won’t allow me to hold any kind of weapon, in this one part - besides my knife, even though I’m stealth killing fools who are leaving GUNS behind. I can’t pick the guns up. Dumb dumb dumb! 

7 minutes ago, -GD- said:

How amazing was the last 25% of the game? I fucking loved it! 

One set piece to the next. It was epic as fuck!!!

The voice performances and character model work was incredible. Sony has been the most consistent publisher of quality software this gen by far. Insomniac is hopefully already at work for the sequel on PS5 with an even bigger budget. 

Edited by Ike
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Ike said:

One set piece to the next. It was epic as fuck!!!

The voice performances and character model work was incredible. Sony has been the most consistent publisher of quality software this gen by far. Insomniac is hopefully already at work for the sequel on PS5 with an even bigger budget. 

I agree! Dr.Octo, in particular, steals the show. 

• Like 1
Just now, -GD- said:

I agree! Dr.Octo, in particular, steals the show. 

They did the character completely right too. The interaction with Peter/Spider-Man and knowing the whole time and playing along. As a fan of the character it was so well done and obviously made by people who fans. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Ike said:

They did the character completely right too. The interaction with Peter/Spider-Man and knowing the whole time and playing along. As a fan of the character it was so well done and obviously made by people who fans. 

When Peter says 'You knew?.....You knew.' Chills. The voice acting was incredible

• Like 2

I beat cave raider: 

pros - rich, detailed cities; great puzzles and exploration; felt the most “tomb raider” in the trilogy; significantly less combat (a plus in my book); the chain stealth skill is awesome. 

cons - meh story (I swear they kept saying “my titty”); 80% caves and water; piranha stealth (I shit you not); poor combat design in spots (really? I can’t pick up the guns?); some b-tier acting.

all in all, despite its flaws, this was a very addictive action adventure title, with more of an emphasis on its adventure component. GS was way too harsh, but ign was too lenient. 8/10 imo, and I felt the “roller coaster” parts were fine. Sure, they were sparse and not overly elaborate, but they felt fitting. 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

I beat cave raider: 

pros - rich, detailed cities; great puzzles and exploration; felt the most “tomb raider” in the trilogy; significantly less combat (a plus in my book); the chain stealth skill is awesome. 

cons - meh story (I swear they kept saying “my titty”); 80% caves and water; piranha stealth (I shit you not); poor combat design in spots (really? I can’t pick up the guns?); some b-tier acting.

all in all, despite its flaws, this was a very addictive action adventure title, with more of an emphasis on its adventure component. GS was way too harsh, but ign was too lenient. 8/10 imo, and I felt the “roller coaster” parts were fine. Sure, they were sparse and not overly elaborate, but they felt fitting. 

I guess I was the only one impressed by the landslide set piece near the end. I thought the scale of it and the detail of the visuals (including the landscapes in the background) was impressive

• Upvote 1