The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Saucer said:

Mega Man 11 is one of the better Mega Man games. I'm almost finished and I'm really liking it.

:fblike:

I'm buying it next time I go to the store. The gear system gimmick looks cool.

Beat world 1 of Astro Bot. Game is really good. The level of polish is really great. The art style is perfect and the game is a lot fun. The first boss fight was great. If it keeps us and gets more challenging and the stage variety keeps up this could well be the best VR game aside from RE7. 

I am just about completely done with Skellige in Witch 3.  I probably have one more side quest left, and I'm picking up two more Witcher equipment upgrades (even though I don't plan on using them).

And then the only thing that would be left are the treasures in the water that are on the right side of the map, but I won't get those.  I discovered a cave in Skellige that clearly implies that I will be back here for a main mission, so I left that alone.

Shit, that basically means I'm about 2/3's of the way through the game, and I have roughly 2 weeks to wrap up the main game so that I can get ready for RDR2.

AC Odyssey. After playing for about 3 hours I finally got the opening title screen lol This game is ridiculously big. All the new features open after that too. Having your own ship and crew that is fully recruitable and upgradable. The way taking over districts works is different than any past AC (not longer just about assassinating a list of targets), more akin to something like Mafia 3. Sailing the seas though is gorgeous. As usual how much you like AC will depend on how much you love it's setting. 

• Upvote 1

Played through Mega Man 11 three times now. 

- One of the best weapon sets in the series, and it's coupled with a good variety of grunt types that really encourage you to switch up weapons.

- The robot master levels are good but none of them are innovative. The bosses have some fun patterns but they're really easy to beat once you know which weapon they're weak against. More so than usual.

- Dr. Wily's castle is one of the worst in the series. It's only two stages long and then there's the boss rush and Wily. That's it. And the two stages don't have much personality.

- The music is forgettable. 

- I didn't like slo-mo at first but I grew to really like it. They made the levels harder and longer than usual to compensate for having slo-mo, and it's nicely balanced.

- I like the graphics a lot but I know that's somewhat divisive. 

It's a nice little game. I'd put it in solid 8/B- territory. 

19 hours ago, madmaltese said:

AC Odyssey. After playing for about 3 hours I finally got the opening title screen lol This game is ridiculously big. All the new features open after that too. Having your own ship and crew that is fully recruitable and upgradable. The way taking over districts works is different than any past AC (not longer just about assassinating a list of targets), more akin to something like Mafia 3. Sailing the seas though is gorgeous. As usual how much you like AC will depend on how much you love it's setting. 

It's a Ubi game, big as an ocean, deep as a puddle.

• Upvote 2

More Odyssey and the game continues to add new elements. This is the full RPG that Origins began. I think I can already say it is better than Origins, more refined, better implementation of rpg elements and more of them. So much to do. Plus Ancient Greece offers some real spectacular sights and variety thanks to all the islands. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, madmaltese said:

More Odyssey and the game continues to add new elements. This is the full RPG that Origins began. I think I can already say it is better than Origins, more refined, better implementation of rpg elements and more of them. So much to do. Plus Ancient Greece offers some real spectacular sights and variety thanks to all the islands. 

I’ll cop it on Black Friday. I need a fun story-based campaign.

Fell off the Yakuza wagon for a bit but I'm back on it. Trying to get it done before Red Dead is out.

Currently on Chapter 11 and still really digging it. The story really goes places and the gameplay stays pretty fresh. I'm mostly just working through the main story right now. The side stuff is great but I'm just time constrained and I don't think I'll be able to finish before RDR if I do too much of it. Still doing a few here and there if it seems particularly interesting (I gotta do the cult one, that seems like it'll go places). 

Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the Real Estate/Club Management side stuff. How important is that for me to get into? Can I just skip it altogether or am I missing out?

5 minutes ago, Casual said:

Fell off the Yakuza wagon for a bit but I'm back on it. Trying to get it done before Red Dead is out.

Currently on Chapter 11 and still really digging it. The story really goes places and the gameplay stays pretty fresh. I'm mostly just working through the main story right now. The side stuff is great but I'm just time constrained and I don't think I'll be able to finish before RDR if I do too much of it. Still doing a few here and there if it seems particularly interesting (I gotta do the cult one, that seems like it'll go places). 

Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the Real Estate/Club Management side stuff. How important is that for me to get into? Can I just skip it altogether or am I missing out?

They’re pretty major grinds, you can skip them and not miss out on much. I had finished the real estate one but the pay off was not worth the amount of time I had sunk into it.

On 2018-10-07 at 4:09 AM, Twinblade said:

VC4 is just brutal. Just when you think you might have a battle under control the conditions change and you can find yourself surrounded by enemy reinforcements. In a matter of minutes I went from 'yeah i got this shit' to 'god damn my ass is getting pounded' :D

Shit gets real from chapter 9  onwards. Just when you expect they reached their peak in creativty they keep throwing you new scenarios so you really get BTFO :dame:

I'm hooked on the game though, doing all skirmiches, squad stories etc. Godly game.

Bought another game on my Wishlish: Total War - Warhammer. Easy pick since it was 75% off retail.

It's still a Total War game, but the differences in Factions, their playstyles, and unique units & Monsters are fantastic. Giants smashing Goblins,  Necromancers raising the dead out of the ground, Colossal mammoths, and Massive Spiders; It's been a lot of fun to dive into, if not challenging to re-learn a series I've been playing since 2004.

2 hours ago, bhytre said:

Shit gets real from chapter 9  onwards. Just when you expect they reached their peak in creativty they keep throwing you new scenarios so you really get BTFO :dame:

I'm hooked on the game though, doing all skirmiches, squad stories etc. Godly game.

Nice. I just finished the chapter 7 mission with  

the armored train. I thought that was a cool mechanic

i havent touched the skirmishes yet so I don’t know much about them. Do they take place on the same maps? Are there rewards for completing them?

Got a A on both missions on my first try in Valkyria 4. I'm already loving the artillery class, I didn't think it would also do support fire during the enemy's turn. That's pretty amazing.

Can't wait to improve the sight on the snipers. Shit is infuriating.

I'm enjoying this so far. The voice acting performance is solid. Not as good as DQXI but definitely not cringe.

It plays exactly like I remember.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Nice. I just finished the chapter 7 mission with  

Hide contents

the armored train. I thought that was a cool mechanic

i havent touched the skirmishes yet so I don’t know much about them. Do they take place on the same maps? Are there rewards for completing them?

Armored train was awesome, felt like the first real battle. 

Skirmishes use same maps or parts of but the battles are obviously different with different enemy placements and objectives, still fun to go through them. You can get specialized weapons for your crew and bonus XP and money.

Unlocking the squad stories are more fun as you get new cutscenes and background stories of your recruits and when you complete them it changes some negative abilities they have into a positive one.

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

Chapter 14 in Valkyria 4 is just brutal man Jesus...  :dame:

Forza Horizon 4 winter season = GODLY

I haven’t played as much as I would have liked lately, but I’m in chapter 8 and all the mechanics and features they just added change things up in an awesome way.

On 2018-10-11 at 11:08 AM, Casual said:

I was thinking about firing Y0 up again.  I'm still very early in the game and had every intention of just plowing through the main.  I know 100% the realestate/club management part of the game will be completely avoided, minus any main missions that might incorporate it.